TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I think if the admission price is reflected in the hotel packages, then definitely. That’s what brings the out of Towner’s in (like me). For fright fest this year, I got two nights in breakers, two Friday evening tickets, and two Saturday passes plus free parking for $210.00. That kind of price, I have no choice but to visit (and drop some money on extra's at the park).

Loopy, I think you hit a big part of it there.. most of us, I'll wager, go with X amount in our pockets.. and typically it is allocated to "the day at the park" (week, month, whatever). If you save on the entrance fee, you will spend the difference in games, or garb, or food, or whatever inside the park. They end up making basically the same amount of money, plus they get more "day trippers" who's brains don't do the basic math that 39.99 is not all that much less than 42$, but we tend to go "Whoah! Thats cheap! Thats under 40! Whereas we round 42 up to "Wow.. 50$? that's an expensive day!"

Maeryk

I, for one, am very excited about this ride. Hopefully it will do to that section of Frontirtown that Maxair did for its midway. If you visited the park this year, it's amazing how nice that section of the park looks with the new gaming area and landscaping. It advanced it two or three decades. I like the name also. It's different from many of the names of rides at The Point. People who aren't grateful for this ride really need to realize that the park is doing the right thing in gearing rides more towards the family. It's thrilling, yet not too thrilling for the whole family to ride. And it's also a ride that young kids will ride and be able to brag about and feel like they've accomplished something, unlike many of the newer rides with the same thrill-level. Some people are just too spoiled and can't appreciate a new ride.

the SS's are lapbars only!

:shock: Didn't know that...

Above all I'm glad that this PBuzzer won't be at the park next year, check out his post:

"I think this is the biggest mistake ever. I am pretty sure because Im an young teenager coaster "enthusiast" I know what a "mistake" is for Cedar Point. I am also pretty sure that the people who run cedar point are alot stupider then me. I think that because of this I will like never go there again.

Seriously, this is ridiculous. People need to shut up and use their brains."

Yeah, I read that... I also posted.

FROM THE CP BLOG:

When we returned to the station, all of the other riders had waited by the exit to cheer for us. That was really great. After getting out of the canoe, Tony and Tyler presented my father and I with certificates for being the very last riders on the ride. Meanwhile, the rest of the Cedar Point staff was hard at work tearing down White Water Landing. They certainly weren't wasting any time!

There is something going on here. Skyhawk is not being built there. My spidey sense is tingling. I think CP might hit us with another.

Here's another thing I don't get: Why is Cedar Fair building the exact same ride at Vally Fair and Cedar Point, but only claiming Cedar Point hasthe biggest. Wouldn't it boost Vally Fair's attendence too if they said they had the biggest. Ugh. They're so ambiguous sometimes...but I still love them and I do agree that Cedar Point needs more flat rides, but in general they rides do seem similar. I know they don't offer the same experience, yet by looking at them it just seem oh this one spins and that one doesn't. Oh well, I'll be riding it anyway and I'll most probably love it so I think I'm done complaining.

That is execpt for the name. Because Vally Fair is calling their's Xtreme Swing (gagging) and Cedar Point's is Skyhawk (even more gagging). Skyhawk remeinds me of the name Thunderhawk, which Geauga Lake uses. When Geauga Lake renamed thier rides they didn't do too good of a job. I mean DOMINATOR! UGH-what is that. Cedar Point should have just called thier screamin swing "Dominator's Swing" or "The Swinginator" (actually that second one isn't too bad-ha ha) I my self love the name "Swing Shot" which is what Kennywood is using for their Screamin' Swing. Oh well, what's done is done!

THeres a "thunderhawk" and "Dominator" at Dorney as well.. wood frame and power-tower, respectively. are the rides at Geaugau (sp?) the same things?

(I havent been to enough CF parks to know if they are doing the "cookie cutter" thing that SF had going on for so long)

Maeryk

FROM THE CP BLOG:

When we returned to the station, all of the other riders had waited by the exit to cheer for us. That was really great. After getting out of the canoe, Tony and Tyler presented my father and I with certificates for being the very last riders on the ride. Meanwhile, the rest of the Cedar Point staff was hard at work tearing down White Water Landing. They certainly weren't wasting any time!

There is something going on here. Skyhawk is not being built there. My spidey sense is tingling. I think CP might hit us with another.

Don't expect anything next year except some giant footers that need to cure for a very long time Ala Dragster.

I think Skyhawk is a good move. I don't mind at all that Cedar Fair is putting simlar coasters and flats into all their parks. If the rides are good I really don't see what the problem is unless they start to go overboard with it.

Skyhawk should be a good addition and give something else to do in the Frontier Town area of the park. I'm just happy CP is finally getting serious about having a more balanced collection of thrill rides.

Also, remember that most visitors to theme parks are not crazy like us. They visit their home park once or twice a year and thats it. The park is not looking to cater to the small minority who have been on the ride before. They are going to market Skyhawk to everyone who doesnt know who S&S are and will not argue as to weather or not a racing coaster counts as one or two credits.

I am with this 100%!

I mean a spin cycle and a screaming swing are not the same ride feelings. I screaming swing is more force ful and give alot of zero G feelings. A spin cycle is more of an smooth rotation. A swing is actually like a real swing, it gains speed at the bottom. A spin cycle kinda stays the same speed during the swinging.

HAve you even been on the large Frisbees?! These a TON of positive G's...more than Ive felt on most coasters Ive been on.

The rotation is the same but man, theres great positive G's and some great, great airtime on MaXair. Its my favourite flat ride by far.

HAve you even been on the large Frisbees?! These a TON of positive G's...more than Ive felt on most coasters Ive been on.

The rotation is the same but man, theres great positive G's and some great, great airtime on MaXair. Its my favourite flat ride by far.

Yes but for some reason the Screaming Swing feels like a real swing because of how you are swinging. On a Giant Frisbee, you are spinning so you never really get a full feel of a swing. Like you are looking up, get some zero g's, then look down without getting a full + or - force.

I am with this 100%!

I mean a spin cycle and a screaming swing are not the same ride feelings. I screaming swing is more force ful and give alot of zero G feelings. A spin cycle is more of an smooth rotation. A swing is actually like a real swing, it gains speed at the bottom. A spin cycle kinda stays the same speed during the swinging.

I totally disagree with that. I found Rush @ Thorpe park to be rather tame. There is some floating on the top of each swing, but you dont get the sensation of being on something powerful at the bottom. The KMG Afterburner that I rode on a fair 1 1/2 years ago was waaaaaaaaay better. It had more airtime on the top, and pulled some good G's at the bottom.

I still think Skyhawk will be a fun ride, and since its so large Im sure it will be pretty cool looking down when youre at the top