TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

A great addition for the park and for families! Despite all of the complaining on here, CP basically delivered what most people wanted...a replacement water-themed attraction for WWL and a family-friendly ride.

I originally called a water ride, but I really figured that CP would go for tallest and fastest. I am glad that they went mid-range with the lift heights so all family members can enjoy it.

One thing I am wondering - are they going to utilize Lake Erie water like on Thunder Canyon, or have it's own water supply like SNF?

^ Awesome! Yes, I agree...Thunder Canyon is fun, but it sucks to smell like Lake Erie water for the rest of the day.

In looking at the price tag, I think it would be pretty costly to develop an all new water supply system over the top of an already existing water supply from Lake Erie....sure glad they are though!

Looks like a good addition to the park, but it's too bad it doesn't have traditional flume like vehicles with no restraints; the ride isn't that big.

I'd be willing to bet that the restraints (and previous lack thereof) were a huge factor in Cedar Point deciding to tear down their old log flume and then put this in.

People jump out of things with no restraints. They just do. And Cedar Fair is almost paranoid when it comes to rider safety. They hate those old log flumes, and have already torn out a couple of them.

/Someone's gonna tell me I'm wrong. I'm not, though.

Looks like fun, but to be honest . . .I like the name Whyte Lightning WAY more than Shoot The Rapids.

STR gets the point across and is kinda fun, but it would be like naming a new roller coaster "Coaster with hills and inversions". You'll ride it anyway but tsk-tsk the name.

People jump out of things with no restraints. They just do. And Cedar Fair is almost paranoid when it comes to rider safety. They hate those old log flumes, and have already torn out a couple of them.

I agree completely. You would think we'd be getting smarter as a society, but as we become more advanced we seem to need more technology to keep us from doing stupid things.

Looks like fun, but to be honest . . .I like the name Whyte Lightning WAY more than Shoot The Rapids.

STR gets the point across and is kinda fun, but it would be like naming a new roller coaster "Coaster with hills and inversions". You'll ride it anyway but tsk-tsk the name.

I completley agree. The name is pretty cheesey. Nevertheless, it looks pretty cool. I was hoping for a GCI and was not initally thrilled when they announced a water ride, but this is actually pretty impressive. I'm hoping they'll get some theming into that tunnel though

The park was dead two days ago. I was there for my birthday with some friends. Maverick, Millennium, TTD, Raptor, Maxair, Skyhawk, DT, Magnum, power tower, and Wicked Twister were walk ons.

I managed to sit in the front for TTD, Millennium Force, Maverick, and Wicked Twister.

TTD was down for about 15 minutes but there was never a line anyways. Wicked Twister broke down a few times and no one was in the station except for the good seat and the back seat.

I also got on Wave Swinger, Wildcat which had no line, and Iron Dragon.

Ride Count:

Millennium x3

TTD x4

Maverick x2

Raptor x2

Skyhawk x2

MaXair x2

Wildcat

Iron Dragon

Wicked Twister

Disaster Transport

Wave Swinger

Magnum

Power Tower- Green

------------------------------

Mean Streak, Gemini, Blue Streak, Corkscrew, the kiddie coasters, Mantis, and CCMR, and some other flats were closed.

All of the halloween stuff was setup. The longest line was for food.

Who needs ERT?

My favorite moment of 2004 was taking a boat around during Halloweekends when Paddlewheel was still open and literally not being able to see an inch in front of the boat. Scariest moment of my life not even seeing the sides (which is dangerous since it's not on a track and navigating the Millennium bridge is bad enough being able to see it and plenty of things to crash into, like the train tracks...) and the animations still chattering away in the distant fog. The air was deathly still that night and they turn the fog machines toward the lagoon if the trail gets too thick with fog so it all just hung over the water.