TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I sort of have mixed feelings over this ride. Sure it has some good, perhaps some great elements, but it isn't something that really got me excited. I'm not going to be visiting Cedar Point anytime soon, but it is nice to know that something incredible is being built. Regardless of whether I am going to ride it or not. I do have to agree that Cedar Point did need to widen their variety in rides. For me, a great park is one with something for everyone, not just thrill seekers. I feel Cedar Point is starting to realise the potential in building more family based rides. This is a great example. The point needed to get away from they're obsession with over the top thrill rides. Don't get me wrong, having many a' thrills is great, but a break is definitely needed.

A family based water ride will be prefect. Something for the whole family to get a break from the thrills. This ride isn't to tall or steep. About the ride itself, I have to say that I am slightly disappointed with the execution of the ride. The theme doesn't appeal to me. A place that makes alcohol for a family based ride doesn't really go. I may be reading to much into this. Another thing is that the biggest drop isn't last. Maybe it isn't really that bad, but I like saving the best for last. Not every element of the ride is bad though. I love the splashing water on the splash down of the last drop. It adds interest to the ride. Plus, it does look as you will get wetter on the last drop so it does. in a way, count as a better finale than having a bigger drop.

On the whole, Cedar point has made the right decision with refraining from adding a new large scale thrill ride. By integrating a family ride into a largely thrill dominated park, it gives signs of Cedar Point looking at the family based aspect of a park which I think is great! Even with a few negetives, Cedar Point has got a winner in my eyes.

I was very happy to here of a new flume ride coming to Cedar Point in 2010. I think that the one they had there before should have never been taken out. This One looks to be equally as good. I really like flume rides and in a day and age when Parks around the country are taking them out Cedar Fair decided to put one back in horray!! Many I think many will have different opinions.

I'm not going to lie. I'm disappointed. I thought it was going to be a coaster until about a week before they announced it, but I didn't think it was going to be this. This ride is going to be extremely boring if it isn't heavily themed.

When I worked on the train for part of last year I kept telling people I saw marking flags over in the area where this is being built but no one believed me because they didn't see them (I had a different view as I stood on the back). If my memory of that area serves me right much of the area was previously used as a "junkyard" of old parts of various older attractions- I think one of the wheels from the Frontier Lift was back there. On this same topic...where is the train in the images shown? It passes under the end of SRF and then cuts across part of where this ride is going to be- are they moving the tracks again? That would add to the construction cost just as the relocation of the Giant Wheel added to the cost of MF.

My only complaint about the ride is that now all of CP's water rides are SOAK rides. What happened to a spritz of water like on WWL? From an ops perspective I can tell you that SRF staff used to help us out on the Mine Ride because they were only opened part of the day all the way into June (same with Rapids). Ever since the first rapids rides started going in (by Intamin) it seems all water rides want to completely soak you to the skin- I don't get it.

The second drop is smaller than the first drop?

I have seen that posted already, why does it matter which order they are in?

I just find it a bit wierd, usually these waterrides build up some sort of tension, with the drops getting bigger and bigger- not that I'm not a fan of CP's idea though. I just thought it was a bit funny, i haven't seen something like that before!

When I worked on the train for part of last year I kept telling people I saw marking flags over in the area where this is being built but no one believed me because they didn't see them (I had a different view as I stood on the back). If my memory of that area serves me right much of the area was previously used as a "junkyard" of old parts of various older attractions- I think one of the wheels from the Frontier Lift was back there. On this same topic...where is the train in the images shown? It passes under the end of SRF and then cuts across part of where this ride is going to be- are they moving the tracks again? That would add to the construction cost just as the relocation of the Giant Wheel added to the cost of MF.

My only complaint about the ride is that now all of CP's water rides are SOAK rides. What happened to a spritz of water like on WWL? From an ops perspective I can tell you that SRF staff used to help us out on the Mine Ride because they were only opened part of the day all the way into June (same with Rapids). Ever since the first rapids rides started going in (by Intamin) it seems all water rides want to completely soak you to the skin- I don't get it.

Apparently they are not going to move the tracks. Instead there will just be another crossing put in.

I have the same complaint about the amount of wetness of this ride. However knowing Cedar Fair, eventually all water effects will stop working and you will only get wet by the drops.

I think weather will determine just how wet you get. If next summer is anything like last summer, I can't really see all the effects on--unless Ohio never had a cold summer like we did.

We had a very cold summer this year. Two weeks of last month never got warmer than 75..... it was ridiculous. And to confirm about the rail road tracks, I believe they said in their youtube pointcast where they were talking with Robert Decker that they were adding another train crossing.

I think weather will determine just how wet you get. If next summer is anything like last summer, I can't really see all the effects on--unless Ohio never had a cold summer like we did.

We had a very cold summer this year. Two weeks of last month never got warmer than 75..... it was ridiculous. And to confirm about the rail road tracks, I believe they said in their youtube pointcast where they were talking with Robert Decker that they were adding another train crossing.

By the way heading to the park today!

I am not a fan of soak rides for the many reasons mentioned before.

At ASTROWORLD, I NEVER once rode the Intamin chute water ride.

With that said, thousands of people stood in line each day to ride it and get soaked. People would stand on the bridge to be splashed and soaked by a huge wave. So...people do like this soaked effect.

Perhaps just not many of us.

Would I ride this? NO, but I bet thousands of others a day will and have the time of their life doing so.

^Yeah, I think that given the limited space and all, I fake mountain would be kind of difficult. Maybe if they had it intertwined with MF's pretzel turnaround...

It's interesting that they put another ride in their Frontier area, given that Skyhawk and Maverick have been the park's last two major additions.

I'm glad that CP is adding a medium sized ride, it helps round out the park.

I love CP but another "soaker"? I think they would have been better off with a more traditional flume experience.

I still love riding log flumes cause they do not SOAK you.

Maybe I am getting old but if I want to be soaking wet I will be in a bathing suit, swimming or in a water park.

Hopefully it is adjustable where they can keep the wetness to a refreshing cool down.

JEFF