TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^

Just your opinion. I like water rides on a hot day but you have to come prepared for them. Bring a change of clothes, put them in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.

On a side note you can't tell from the pictures or animation but I hop they add some theming like more animatronic figures and things of that nature along the ride. If this thing is themed pretty well, that will really make this ride.

It's a nice fit for CP & does fill the niche for both a water flume ride & coaster....it sorta reminds me of SFA's skull mountain when it first opened back in 97.

I'm not too much for water rides myself but on a hot day this wouldn't be too bad to have at KD at some point in the future & would fit into the old virginia theme section just fine.

disneymoc wrote:

Is it just me or do some of the males in the video look overweight?

Are they trying to be that realistic?

They wanted to avoid hearing fat people question whether they would be able to ride. So they threw in a few fat riders to answer the question.

They did this to to show the ACErs that they will be able to ride...zing!

I think this is kinda redundant since they just tore out a good log flume to build a new ride?? Now they come back and build another one to replace it. Couldn't they have just built Maverick here instead??

Also it totally baffles me that Kings Dominion is getting a 300+ ft Giga and all anyone can say is harsh things about it...but here come good old CP building a smallish log ride and everyone is going gaga over it? WTF...

Just my 2 cents, no need to shoot me or throw me under the bus, I am actually glad in this time of the economy that all these parks have the desire and funds to go and build anything at all!

Yes, but if you look at it, they tore out Shoot the Rapids for WWL. I know it's redundant, but hey, they have another family friendly ride. Too bad they won't let you ride in your bathing suit.

That is the one good thing about Hershey's "big" water rides. They are all located together and they give you the option to ride in your swimsuit!

I also remember a few years back that you could rent lockers at CP for the Rapids and SRF and ride at least without shoes and shirts if you wanted too. Do they still let you do that?

p.s. What the hell are these fluffy bunnies?? LMAO

I never thought that this was going to be a coaster so i'm not dissapointed by it. It really does look like a fun and fairly long ride. Hopefully there will be some kind of theming, but that won't really matter that much. I'm also hoping that the Whyte Lightning thing will be explained during the ride.

Now the real question is will this count as a credit?

ps. if anyone is able to download the video from CP's website and upload it to CoasterTube I'd really appreciate it!

That way we can embed it into our announcement post.

Not sure why so many parks don't make this easier. It's their B-Roll and they should WANT other media outlets to showcase it.

--Robb

ps. if anyone is able to download the video from CP's website and upload it to CoasterTube I'd really appreciate it!

That way we can embed it into our announcement post.

Not sure why so many parks don't make this easier. It's their B-Roll and they should WANT other media outlets to showcase it.

--Robb

I also don't understand why they make it so hard. I can't image how fast word would get around about a new ride with all of the social networking going around if people could easily embed these rendition videos in to things like Facebook and blogs. Wouldn't a park actually want that kind of stuff to happen to get maximum exposure?