TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

The more I think about it, the less certain I think it'll be a coaster.

For some reason I have a feeling that it might be be something like this http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/ride.php?rid=20

I guess we'll find out next week.

^interesting ride idea. It would make a lot of people happy that were upset when they removed WWL. OD Hopkins made Daredevil Falls at Dollywood - could be a potential manufacturer as well. DDF has a 1100/hr capacity which is pretty good.

If you read the fact sheet about daredevil falls, you could practically use the same theme for the MF island, being that its next to the river and tie in the train ride (boneville) as well...and maybe MF would have tunnels or something tied into this?

http://hfeimages.aristotle.net/Pressroom/DW/FactsDDFalls.pdf

But, if they were going to construct a "mountain", I would have expected construction to have started by now. So, I dunno. Interesting possibility.

I can't see CP ever adding something that themed. I'm not counting out a water ride with the hillbilly theme as a possibility, but I'm sure the themeing won't be anywhere near as extensive as something like that Wild West Falls.

A water ride is not an option. They already stated that at the Maverick ERT night.

I found this on twitter.

DickKinzel Drinkin enough whyte lightning that I might go blind.

Could'vbe just been trying to throw people off though. A water ride just seems to keep coming up, and it's been rumored since WWL's removal that their next ride after Maverick would be a water replacement for it. At this point I'm thinking it's that or a woodie.

DDF and WWF are both OD Hopkins models....exact same boats, + high capacity. Hmmmm....

I could see it happening. I'd rather see Intamin wood or a ZacSpin as i've mentioned though...but i could see CP putting in a flume i guess. Who knows. They did just spend 50million on new coasters for KD and Carowinds, so I can't imagine another 25million in capital expenses in this economy...plus all the new Planet Snoopys and whatever else.

WWF.thumb.jpg.e9131d79571d816659dad70c6001d256.jpg

WWF in Australia, OD Hopkins

ddf.jpg.ae4bb8a5a934b3e7256651bf02bf0732.jpg

DDF at Dollywood, OD Hopkins

DDF and WWF are both OD Hopkins models....exact same boats, + high capacity. Hmmmm....

I could see it happening. I'd rather see Intamin wood or a ZacSpin as i've mentioned though...but i could see CP putting in a flume i guess. Who knows. They did just spend 50million on new coasters for KD and Carowinds, so I can't imagine another 25million in capital expenses in this economy...plus all the new Planet Snoopys and whatever else.

One thing's for sure, CF is sure spending a boat load of money on their parks next year.

^Both a flyer and a dive would fit CP's collection of rides that are "bark, no bite". Though I can't see why people can't grasp the idea that it could very well be a water addition next year.

Some people can't accpt it, some just ignore it and assume that their just gonna build a coaster in 2011. I didn't really care what it was for 2010 when all this viral stuff popped up, because I have no intent to visit CP again until 2011, but now with all the arrogant hopes and in some cases demands for a new coaster "that some fanboys think are owed to them" I wish out of spite it isn't. Parks need more than box shaped and triangular track to stay afloat.

^ They said in an earlier post that Mack wasn't the manufacturer, so if they're not giving false information (gasp!) then it would may be from another manufacturer....like the one at IB perhaps...which i think is kinda unnatractive.

This game of theirs is getting old, really. But i continue to be strung along with it.

^ I understood what you were saying in the first place. No need to change the quotes around.

FLyer Flyer Flyer!!

Diving Diving Diving!!

4thd 4thd 4thd!!

Where'd you find this information??? This might help narrow down the results.

Are you serious? That wasn't a post of information. That was just him saying he wanted any of those kinds of coasters.

I also know that Mack was taken out of the equation. However, I just don't know what else it could be other than a Splash Battle or a log flume of some sort. People are just holding on to hope for a coaster for no reason.

Well, in any case, it has to be something that goes high enough so that Paddlewheel Excursions has enough clearance. Do splash battles go up and down? I thought they just meandered around a flat course...I could be wrong, though.

Thats correct. They're limited to a body of water and float around the course...some Mack models have a tow-cable, but not the ones at Dwood and Great America....they are the same float-through model.

They would have to build a pretty big bridge for maintenance, you'd think...in order to let paddlewheel go underneath. Not sure how they're going to do that with whatever they build.

I just can't see a Splash Battle going in. It just doesn't seem like a good fit for CP. Plus the fact that it looks like its likely going to cross over onto Millennium Island, Splash Battles don't (yet) go up or down, and I don't think the Island is big enough for a full SB to be contained on it.

But that rumored Epic Flume... I could definitely see it. CP is well overdue for another water ride to replace WWL, especially one that doesn't get the riders too wet and could appeal to the entire family.