TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Hmm. I think we now know the ride's name. My guess is either a water ride, GCI, shooting dark ride, or the good ole standby AQUATRAX!!

How big is this island and how much land is cleared?

They already said it wouldn't get you wet, so a water ride and Aquatrax is out....

the Aquatrax thing is funny from time to time, still....

My guess is either a Premier or an S&S family launched coaster. It adds to their coaster count and gives them an exciting ride for the whole family. The S&S launch is even a green technology that doesn't require alot of power.

Hmm. I think we now know the ride's name. My guess is either a water ride, GCI, shooting dark ride, or the good ole standby AQUATRAX!!

How big is this island and how much land is cleared?

They already said it wouldn't get you wet, so a water ride and Aquatrax is out....

the Aquatrax thing is funny from time to time, still....

Well technically you don't get wet on either aquatrax, the only way to on atlantis adventure is if you stick your arm out and create a splash yourself, I believe.

There's another piece of that press packet I saw that I may be reading too far into...

The name CP McCoy. Add that with West Virginia (and a touch of Kentucky), a fork in the river (a Y), a burning cabin, bootlegging and moonshine (nicknamed "white lightning")... and you get a ton of elements for the good ol' American feud of the Hatfields and McCoys.

Another element of the story- shooting of course. Personally, I think we may have a shooter on its way, but there are a lot of other options. Plus the whole "strikes twice" factor says duelling or racing something to me.

Anyway, not sure. Just thought I would point that out.

There's another piece of that press packet I saw that I may be reading too far into...

The name CP McCoy. Add that with West Virginia (and a touch of Kentucky), a fork in the river (a Y), a burning cabin, bootlegging and moonshine (nicknamed "white lightning")... and you get a ton of elements for the good ol' American feud of the Hatfields and McCoys.

Another element of the story- shooting of course. Personally, I think we may have a shooter on its way, but there are a lot of other options. Plus the whole "strikes twice" factor says duelling or racing something to me.

Anyway, not sure. Just thought I would point that out.

whoa, that sounds very plausible, good find.

If you like this, go buy (rent, download) Man on Wire for more lying-down-on-thin-wire action. Only this time on the Empire State Building.

I think you mean the World Trade Center. But yeah, that's an absolutely fantastic film. Far more intense than just a skyway.

I actually have that documentary on my computer right now, and snagged a few screenshots for anyone interested. ANY person who can do this sort of thing for a living gets my respect. Being able to tune this kind of danger out and actually enjoy yourself is a super human feat IMO.

-Sean

004.jpg.23b07e3997986ce8c5d4236a61abbd36.jpg

003.jpg.4e8aef307156edc1ee1357745a95d143.jpg

002.jpg.8b030b0ddf87bff480abab1523b9bb37.jpg

001.jpg.c1cf0e21c87849153696206c6119a454.jpg

The day Cedar Point builds a dark ride, I'll eat my hat.

And then I'll go to Cedar Point, because that would be awesome. But still, no. They friggin' hate that stuff.

/Pop quiz: What's the last dark ride Cedar Fair had built?

"Strikes Twice" could mean a shuttle coaster.

Cedar Point with a shuttle coaster? No way. It's going to be a woodie, just not sure if it's an Intamin, TGG, GCII, or someone else. But it is going to be wood.

Wicked Twister is a shuttle coaster.

Also, CP already confirmed that it WON'T be a GCI.