TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'm going to guess that the new attraction will be GCI. But being Cedar Point, they will probably make it much longer than most GCI woodies and include a mid-course brake to allow 3 train operation, so that capacity will fit the parks attendance levels. The other option is that they make the worlds tallest and fastest dueling wooden coasters, but this seems less likely because the park already has Gemini.

Just my guess.

The other option is that they make the worlds tallest and fastest dueling wooden coasters, but this seems less likely because the park already has Gemini.

Why? Because they have a steel racing mine train they wouldn't build a racing woodie? I think it's less likely because CF likes to only run one side of all their racing woodies anyway. Personally I'd like to see a water ride because it gets mighty hot at the point during the summer...

-James Dillaman

Maybe because Son of Beast might close down for good, this will open up an opportunity for Cedar Point to build the tallest and fastest wooden coaster? Not necessarily next year, but eventually. Something to think about.

LOL

Didn't they try this once already? I believe its called Mean Streak, and we know how that turned out.

I won't be thinking about that idea at all

Maybe because Son of Beast might close down for good, this will open up an opportunity for Cedar Point to build the tallest and fastest wooden coaster? Not necessarily next year, but eventually. Something to think about.

LOL

Didn't they try this once already? I believe its called Mean Streak, and we know how that turned out.

I won't be thinking about that idea at all

Yeah but Mean Streak was obviously built prematurely and before it's time. New and different technology is available now that wasn't there in 1991. I was just throwing it out there as some food for thought. Besides, Magnum didn't stop them from building Millennium, essentially a taller and faster Magnum.

^

Do they have enough room for that even? I mean just look at Son of Beast's size.

--James

Son of Beast is a large coaster because it's fairly long. Look at El Toro. It's 181 feet tall and 4400 feet long (about 2600 feet shorter than SOB), and it doesn't seem to take up a huge chunk of land at all. Plus T&T have insisted numerous times that Cedar Point is NOT running out of space.

Cedar Point still has PLENTY of room. 300 acre park, 64 acre parking lot. They will eventually build out into the lot and I bet either build parking structures (Which are very costly), or look at some offsite parking alternatives (May be more likely).

Now Sandusky Griffing Airport is eventually moving from it's current location on the water on Cleveland Road. Cedar Point could buy this property, and then some day build a parking complex there and then ferry the guests over like Magic Kingdom style.

Rumors about CP expanding into the parking lot have been around as long as the internet. Bottom line is that CP is a massive park with plenty of space, and the only reasons rumors persist is because of the park's unique physical geography which is readily apparent to anyone who's been there or seen a picture of the place.

The park's attendance has been relatively flat for a long time now, why would they expand the park's boundary so dramatically? What would be the point, especially when with creative ride placement and removal and shuffling they have plenty of perfectly good, midway-accessible real estate already?

^ That would be amazing lol, though as this goes on I am starting to think that maybe it will be a record breaking water ride.

Though my fingers are still crossed for a new coaster.

As I have said before, what ever Cedar Point builds will be a great addition to the park.

I just want them to stop dragging this out and tell us already.