TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

That just means they're saying no B&M

Yes, just like when they said Gee See Eye, they were going to make a GCI woodie, or when they said Intamin, or when they said TOGO they were going to bring the company back from the dead.

Don't rule out any company and don't rule out nothing at all.

Beside the point much?

Anyway. I personally think it'll be a Halloween thing. Maybe changing Halloweekends to the Haunt and adding loads of new attractions? In the end, I think all of these clues will be useless and not relating at all to the addition. But then again, that's just my theory.

I was at the park yesterday and me and my friend were asking the ride ops on MF about the new ride and one of them told us to look back and to the left on the second hill that goes on to Millennium Island. We did so and found that there was a large spiral staircase and what looked like the metal rails found in the queues at CP. There is also boxes of what looked like nuts and bolts. This stuff is hidden very well and if you didn't know to look for it you wouldn't see it. There is also what appears to be some kind of construction looking things inside the first overbanked turn after the first hill.

The same worker also said that the other day when he was testing it there was some guys from Intamin on the island with blueprints pointing at things on the island. Obviously the ride ops usually aren't very well informed about what is going on, but I do think that something is going on.

there was some guys from Intamin on the island

And how did they know they were from Intamin? I doubt even if they had Intamin on their shirt they would be able to read it.

Unless I am reading your post wrong and the employees saw them from up close. I am assuming they saw the "Intamin employees" while riding MF.

^Yeah thats what we understood from what he said, the worker was off his shift and we ran into him while we were leaving and all he said was that there was some guys from Intamin on the island. I'm not sure if this is true because he just said they saw them while testing the ride. They might have seen them before they went to the island, but I'm not sure.

Ride hosts don't know anything about the new ride, and they certainly wouldn't be telling you. I worked there for three summers, and once one little rumor gets started among the employees, they all think they know it. Last year, I heard from numerous ride hosts that it was the last season for Snake River Falls. It's still there!

Don't listen to them. Why would a simple ride host know? They get paid the second-lowest wage.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/blog/index.cfm?entry=d6c36b38-fcd3-422a-ba09-a6674ffe3d52

The newest blog entry says that in 2010 a ride will be celebrating its 17th birthday. It also says that they will not make a big deal out of it. The ride that will be seventeen is Snake River Falls. I think that this might mean that they may be removing it to make room for the 2010 attraction. That's just a possibility.

Holy Crap, it has been 17 years since I was employed there??? On a side note, we did know somewhat of a large scale invert coming the next summer, and poof, Raptor showed up. So don't count out the employees knowing anything. Sometimes "big" secrets are hard to keep.......

I'm sure more people knew of the park's plans before the Internet was as big as it is now. Now, they're not going to be telling ride hosts or team leaders. Maybe supervisors they know can keep it quiet, but the people in the know most likely have greatly been reduced since 1993.

Don't forget...sometimes guessing reasonably what a ride is going to be can be just as accurate as reading hype and rumors. Many times with some hints and land clearing and looking at what the park already has what makes the most "sense" ends up being the prevailing rumor.

And then after you guess right you can claim you had a source all along!

That's so interesting how CP can be soooo sneaky and hide their construction stuff in the middle of nowhere. But the idea of people in the parks knowing about attractions is a 50/50 thing depending on parks and such along with the size of the announcement.

After all the clues on the blog and stuff I think they are going to possibly move Snake River Falls to that location and then put the new ride in it's previous spot or demolish the ride completely and build some of the new ride in that section. What i don't understand is why CP keeps getting rid of it's water rides. I love them, just ride one, get soaked, then dry off on a roller coaster. But does anyone know when the official press release is?