TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I could be wrong, but I think Wicked Twister may have a height limit. You definitely wouldn't want to catch your legs on the ground while flying through the station.

*Edit*

Just checked the website and it says that guests over 6'2" may have difficulties with a number of rides, including a handful of coasters.

I could be wrong, but I think Wicked Twister may have a height limit. You definitely wouldn't want to catch your legs on the ground while flying through the station.

*Edit*

Just checked the website and it says that guests over 6'2" may have difficulties with a number of rides, including a handful of coasters.

I have some friends that are 6'2" and some taller and we've never had issues. However I'm sure riding something with a small train like Blue Streak can be a little tight.

What ever Cedar Point builds i'm sure it will be great and I cant wait to ride it because i'm planning on heading out there next summer.

One question I have about the park though (and i'm sorry if this has already been asked) is if any of there rides have a hight maximum. I am almost 77" tall and I just wanna be prepared for the rides I may have to miss.

My friend is 6'4" and he's ridden every major ride at CP without any problem, including Wicked Twister. I'd just advise you to stay away from Wildcat. I'm 6'1" and it jams my knees pretty good...I can only imagine what it would do to you.

I got thinking, and this is a far stretch, why not have some wild west themed dark top spin? The Point will have covered three aspects... a dark ride, a flat, and a water ride. Just a tought...

How disappointing would that be

After a few years, it would become The Crypt of the north.

Something tells me that the posting of "Gee, See Eye!" on their facebook does not mean a GCI woodie is guaranteed.

Especially if "eye" really means "I" which is the first letter in Intamin. It would tie into their Aquatrax joke from earlier. I saw it somewhere (Screamscape, I think) that a recent ACE News mentioned an Intamin Flume for 2010. With the removal of Whitewater for Maverick a new flume makes sense.

Besides I'd rather see a new GCI along the waterfront in homage of the park's old Traver Cyclone.

Posted on Pointbuzz, apparently if you combine all the clues together and count the number of letters, it equals 52. I then realized that Prowler goes 51 mph and Terminator goes 50 mph. I'm hoping this is another clue towards the GCI (or maybe I'm just crazy).

Good to see the ride is being replaced by another water ride. One thing I don't like about Cedar Point is that all the water rides are on one side of this massive park. Though Maverick is an incredible replacement, the park now lacks my favorite water ride, the log flume.

Water Coasters are a great ride, but the one I've been on left me too soaked! I guess Cedar Point isn't ready to be tied up with SFMM again

The thing about CP's water rides are that as you said there all in one area, in the wayyy back of the park. And they only have two, which means on hot and humid days the lines for these can be ridiculous! And the thin about Snake river Falls is that you get compoletely soaked and on the rapids youget completely soaked or no wet at all. Please be a water coaster. What abnout a Mack water coaster such as Atlantis!?

CP's twitter:

I prefer my lunch TOGO...especially when there's lightning around.

Now they're just messing with us! TOGO is defunct! It's kind of funny that they're enjoying how we hold on to their every word. I guess this now means the new project is not necessarily INTAMIN, or GCI since they're hinting all kinds of stuff but I'm thinking it probably will be one of those two.