TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Yeah it was quite cool to see in person. I think I was probably more nervous at the start of it for him than he was. It was pretty cool to watch. And as said above the Flying Wallendas DO NOT use any safety devices. I think Cedar Point management took a collective sigh of relief when he steped on to the other cherry picker.

At the end his last few feet he did like a wobbly run and acted like he was stumbling and gunna fall before he stopped. It was funny to hear everyone gasp.

^I, for one, am almost glad I didn't, though! (Even though it would've been exciting!) Think of the tension and worry...even though I know he knows exactly what he's doing and has safety back-up. But even just the threat of failure, let alone harm, would bother me.

I'm with you on this one!

It's hard for me to watch things like this. I wouldn't want to be there if something went wrong.

^Especially without safety devices...I made an assumption, never thinking it could possibly be wrong! (I also kind of thought the cherry picker was there to catch him if he fell...which doesn't make the most sense, I guess.)

I was inspired to read the Wikipedia entry on the Flying Wallendas and I was disturbed by the tragedies...but I admire the family's daring and bravery!

Was the other side of the Sky Ride operating when he did that? It looks like it was. I would think that would've been awfully distracting, especially if people said things as they were going by.

He's supposed to be at Dorney this coming weekend walking between the 2 spikes of Possessed. I would've went to take some pictures, but we'll be at Freestyle Music Park that day.

Was the other side of the Sky Ride operating when he did that? It looks like it was. I would think that would've been awfully distracting, especially if people said things as they were going by.

He's supposed to be at Dorney this coming weekend walking between the 2 spikes of Possessed. I would've went to take some pictures, but we'll be at Freestyle Music Park that day.

The ride is one continuous cable. If one side wasn't operating, the other wasn't.

Walking on a 2 inch cable 90 feet above the midway is really extreme. Take notice that he did have guide-wires to keep the cable steady.

If you like this, go buy (rent, download) Man on Wire for more lying-down-on-thin-wire action. Only this time on the Empire State Building.

I think you mean the World Trade Center. But yeah, that's an absolutely fantastic film. Far more intense than just a skyway.

^I, for one, am almost glad I didn't, though! (Even though it would've been exciting!) Think of the tension and worry...even though I know he knows exactly what he's doing and has safety back-up. But even just the threat of failure, let alone harm, would bother me.

That bothers me too. If I see someone who could possibly die doing a stunt I get really nervous.

^I've seen that before. That gave me the willies HUGE time.

Nice pictures (and artsy shots )

I feel like I was the only one who didn't care for this. Not saying that it doesn't take a lot of effort or talent to walk across a tiny cable; it's not something I could or would ever do... I just didn't get as impressed by it as everyone I guess.

Glad this turned out ok though and no one got hurt; I know he has years of experience and this is nothing to him, but ANYTHING could have happened, and with as little protection as he had in such a huge crowd, if something would have happened it would have been bad. It especially made me nervous being one of his "life-lines"

-Justin