TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^The thing I don't understand about that though is why there is a gigantic plot of land cleared on Millennium Island. I was just at the park yesterday and I got a good view of the clearing from the top of MF. The area is pretty large and it appeared there was some kind of backhoe or something down there.

We also saw the mystery "track" from the top of the hill on Maverick and I'm not sure if it is track or not. It may just be something for the Halloween theming.

The 2010 rumored ride was appearently just flags marked from the local power company. There just changing something with there power routing. Here's the link:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/cedar_point.htm

They are making improvements to their power grid in that area, which could mean that something of decent size (that requires a lot of power) is being built near that area. Perhaps their current grid isn't sufficient enough to power whatever it is they have in store for that area.

Don't see anything wrong with Raptor.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with the coaster itself... it just seems like the protective nets and the sign were made in the 70s.

1970's!? I don't think so. Raptor's entrance is totally 1990's, the sign and the nets..and I think it looks cool. It was probably intended to look pretty modern when it was built anyway.

With the new ride on Milliennium Island and with the possibility of it crossing over the lagoon or being built over it, it's possible this could be the last year for Paddlewheel Excursions. Ridership has drastically fallen over years since its entrance was moved, and the ride is a shadow of its former self (Western Cruise).

Those people don't even realize CP Spiderman is watching...

Interesting side note...those spiders are already out in SE VA also. Weird cuz they don't usually come out here until mid-late august.

SNOWBOARD83 winter forecast...SNOWY and COLD in the EAST!

The 2010 rumored ride was appearently just flags marked from the local power company. There just changing something with there power routing. Here's the link:

This would be one step to building a new ride, or, it could mean I was right... lol. So going by past history, this would mean a new ride.

Haven't been to CP since Maverick's opening and I am going soon. Can someone help me with the best day to go, as far as crowds and wait-times.

I always figure middle of the week but many of you would know better than me.

This might help: http://www.thepointol.com/crowds.html

have fun!

According to that you are basically screwed. (line wise)

Pretty much, yeah. The ideal times to go to Cedar Point are early season (opening to mid-June) and after the summer season, but before Halloweekends starts. Anything in between there's usually at least 1-2 hour lines for every major ride. You might get lucky with low crowds a few days here and there, but not too many.

When do the BUGS at Cedar Point die down?

Lines weren't bad at all when I went June 9th and 10th, but those bugs were EVERYWHERE. It was hard to inhale without sucking in a mufflehead or two...

(I'd much rather wait in lines than have to deal with those things again.)