TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I don't know or care what it will be, but I can guarantee we will have 100 pages of useless, mind numbing predictions. That will be followed by 100 pages of people saying that this new ride will be the greatest thing ever, second only to the wheel or fire. That will then be followed by another 50 page thread whining about when it will open and more whining if it doesn't open on time. All this will be done while said posters shine up their CP fanboy kneepads to show their appreciation.

Wow it appears that I am a prophet at least after reading the first ten pages.

Trash Can: THE RIDE

"Cedar Point's once peaceful-but-plentiful trash cans have genetically mutated due to the exposure of discarded nuclear mustard. The toxic condiments have now emebeded into each of the trash can's DNA, and have now caused them to attack the humans of Cedar Piont in profusion.

You must now gather up a can-killing army battalion to fight against the mutant rubbish bins, and restore the serenity and joy at Cedar Point. The cans can only be rendered of thier hellish behavior by a mayonnaise-based antidote that can be shot from a mayo-pistol. The fate of Cedar Point is in your hands."

Did anyone else see that TV show "How Do They Do That?" which featured roller coasters in the second segment? It showed quite a few moments of Maverick construction. And while they were in some Cedar Point office, talking about coaster design, the camera panned across a blueprint for Maverick. In the very next shot, they showed another blueprint--it was an Intamin Ball Coaster.

Now, I'm not speculating or saying it's a rumor, but it made me go, "Hmm." Anyone else catch that?

I just don't see how this is different from the crazy rumors thread, as that's all it is until there's a press release or actual construction (Not just holes in the ground!) I used to be all about Cedar Point, but right now I'm much more interested in what Dollywood, Holiday World, Beech Bend, and Kennywood are putting in, as I'm more likely to go to these parks next year.

-James Dillaman

^ Yeah, too far for me, unless gas prices drop by about a dollar. Seriously, I doubt this attraction will be a coaster. Maverick was a pretty big attraction. Cedar Point needs flats, and TRUE family rides, so that's what I'm hoping. it'll probably turn out to be a new gift shop, though.

-James Dillaman

Think about it; after Millennium Force they didn't put anything in for the 2001 season. After Top Thrill Dragster they didn't put anything in for the 2004 season. I'm guessing that's because of the money they put into them - $25 million each. Since Maverick was $21 million, I doubt this construction will be anything big.

That would be interesting to see a Disko coaster at Cedar Point. I've never been there, but I've been on Survivor at Great America and it is lots of fun.

If it is a new coaster, Cedar Fair will probably advertise it like this:

NEW COASTER FOR 2008!

THE TALLEST IN THE WORLD! A WHOPPING 457 FEET!

THE FASTEST IN THE WORLD! ZOOM BY AT 129 MILES PER HOUR!

Lol