TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

It looks like they just took a picture of a maintenance area to shut up the fanboys until they can think of a good new attraction.

I can dig a hole at Great Adventure, take a picture, and call it "future expansion"

Do they allow shovels in Six Flags these days?

Got a message from Cedar Point via myspace and they sent along the following image with the topic: New for 2008. Looks like they've already started digging for a new ride/attraction for next season. Not much to look at just yet but this is certain to develop.

Well, IMO, its one of three things:

1. A big hole to throw your CedarFair stock certificates in as the stock price has fallen since the acquisition of the Paramount Parks.

2. The much needed outhouse ride on the Frontier Trail.

3. The CedarFair Mausoleum - where fanboys go to die.

Fun to speculate. Wouldn't it be funny if it was just a bathroom or something. A clean one w/TP- now there's an idea!

Seriously, I don't see another coaster or major ride since they just added Maverick. I agree w/whoever said a water ride to replace the flume ride- that spot would be good to put in some sort of log or flume ride- they could give it Western theming.

I got a theory. A giant topspin. Possibly themed. I don't know to what though. If you think about it, every other Cedar Fair park (before the Paramount purchase) has a topspin. Geauga, Valleyfair, Knotts, WOF, MIA. . . ya see? Cedar Point is the only one that doesn't. I'm thinking a clone or something along the lines of Riptide.

I got a theory. A giant topspin. Possibly themed. I don't know to what though. If you think about it, every other Cedar Fair park (before the Paramount purchase) has a topspin. Geauga, Valleyfair, Knotts, WOF, MIA. . . ya see? Cedar Point is the only one that doesn't. I'm thinking a clone or something along the lines of Riptide.

Well there is a rumor that CP wants to add a new "water" ride to make up for the removal of WWL. I guess Riptide kinda qualifies as a water ride...

Thats funny how the words "stupid" and "aquatrax" are in the same post. Here we go with wasted pages talking about it being an aquatrax when we all know that is not it. This notquatrax thing is dead. So can we move on please?

I think you must be confused little buddy. You are putting me down for what I am saying, yet you are trying to say the same thing. I am asking why people get in those aquatrax conversations when we no CP is not getting one.

Thats funny how the words "stupid" and "aquatrax" are in the same post. Here we go with wasted pages talking about it being an aquatrax when we all know that is not it. This notquatrax thing is dead. So can we move on please?

I think you must be confused little buddy. You are putting me down for what I am saying, yet you are trying to say the same thing. I am asking why people get in those aquatrax conversations when we no CP is not getting one.

The answer is becuase it's TPR. It's not like it's dominating the entire thread, just something extra to talk about. TPR=Random/Funny.

I also think CP should either move their sky tower over to the center of the park, or get a topspin. Possibly an "Aquatrax 2008!"