TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

So I am guessing that this year will be a flat ride, but 1/4 inch higher, 1/4MPH faster, or 1/2 more revolutions than something somewhere else.

This is Cedar Point we're talking about. It'd be 50 feet taller but 35% slower, and with a cycle time under 20 seconds.

...and yet, Six Flags Great America sits new-coaster-less

It's still August. Relax.

I bet they're gonna use that as distraction so they can improve everything BUT the coasters. Like their waterpark. Update it. PLEASE. New paint jobs, more theming, more slides, a lazy river like NJ's Hurricane Harbor where you can swim in it or tube in it. (Yes, its true)

Also, start spiffing up the park.

Or, it could be the Giant Umbrella.

I personally don't get why Cedar Point even needs a water park. There is so much to do in CP, I don't understand how people would even find time to go to the water park. I say get rid of Soak City and have room for future expansion. I have never gone to soak city and probably never will. Any other thoughts on this?

As others have said, they really need to update their water park instead of adding a new ride. Look at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom's water park, in 2006 it looked like Soak City, and now it looks really nice. As for anything else Cedar Point needs: a giant top spin, a water flume ride (a Mack Super Splash would be great, but Cedar Point and all the fan boys would call it a coaster), or a dark ride. I highly doubt it will be a coaster like many fan boys say since, "well Wicked Twister opened in 2002 and Top Thrill Dragster in 2003, so they will do it again", and they same people thought an Aquatrax was being built because the Dippin Dots worker said so.

Got a message from Cedar Point via myspace and they sent along the following image with the topic: New for 2008. Looks like they've already started digging for a new ride/attraction for next season. Not much to look at just yet but this is certain to develop.

Cedar Point is building their version of the Washington DC Metro. The hole you see will be where escalators to an underground station will be placed. The CP Metro will eventually go to Sandusky mainland to get to Breakers Express and Castaway Bay. Unfortunately, the Sky Ride may be rendered obsolete as the Metro will operate underneath the Main Midway.

I say get rid of Soak City and have room for future expansion.

Probably the silliest thing I have heard in a while. When you look at parks like Dorney, Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom and even Geauga Lake, you can see that they probably need to do MORE with the water park.

Yes, Soak City may have some interesting slides, but the place just has so much white and concrete, it needs some flavor!