TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

All right... I lied.

If it's a Mack Wild Mouse, CP would then proceed to add an inch to the height in order to over-overmarket it as "the best ever and only spinning coaster at this park".

This might keep the fanboy masses happy... I mean, there hasn't been a new coaster opened since, like, 3 months ago.

I say add one of those insane self-powered boats for a little while and see how long it takes for some morbosity to sue for "making me do all the work".

// They should include Soak City with your Breakers stay to make a small step towards justifying the room rate.

It very well could be a smaller coaster, like a wild mouse or whatever, because CP built WT in 2002, then TTD in 2003, so they have built coaster in back to back years before. I am still sticking to it being a topple tower, though, or possibly some kind of water ride. But if the topple tower has fountains and gets the riders wet, they can 'kill two birds with one stone'.

I know what they are getting. A friend of a friend of a friend whose Cousin works at a Lemon Chill stand in Challenge Park told me. It's a giant hole. It's purpose to keep the fanboys guessing what CP is up to since it has been a whopping 6 months since any construction whatsoever has been done at the park.

They had gotten into this groove (or rut) of opening major rides on even years and minor ones on odd years i.e.: MANTIS '96, Chaos '97, POWER TOWER '98, Camp Snoopy '99, M-FORCE '00, etc. At some point they did a double coaster year when they added WT- in my opinion they copied the wrong ride from GL! So they are now on major odds and minor evens- though if you are a kid- Camp Snoopy was a major addition and they got Woodstock Express out of it which is a nice coaster to transition from JG to say Wild Cat or Iron Drag.

Going just on this predictable track record I would definately say that it won't be much and they even said anything yet whereas when I worked there in '99 much work was being done on Millie before HE opened (ships get to be girls- coasters can be boys).

I rode Maverick a few days ago, and it was freaking awesome! My very first ride my train rolled back in the tunnel. They let us re-ride, and it was a pretty cool experience.

Anyways, the ride was amazing. The airtime kicked Millennium forces ass! It was probably my favorite ride at the the park, besides Raptor, which I didn't get a chance to ride.

I didn't have any huge expectations of Maverick and I pleasantly surprised, I really enjoyed Maverick. Some people found the different elements rolled together a bit random but I liked it, it was like having the best bits of a lot of coasters rolled into one ride.

The first drop was great, especially at the back, I wish the drop could have been bigger though, and the brake after the second launch was a bit of a shame.

For what it is worth, Kinzel etc, at Coastermania, pretty much confirmed that a new coaster would not be built this year to open in 2008.

Besides, No Streak has not caught on fire yet and I am hoping that land is where a good coaster, one day, will be built.

So I am guessing that this year will be a flat ride, but 1/4 inch higher, 1/4MPH faster, or 1/2 more revolutions than something somewhere else.

My ideas...

New Flat Ride

----------------

Plausible - Though I see them going more in a family approach.

Kiddie Ride

--------------

Plausible - They need a few more "kids" attractions there.

Wild Mouse

-------------

Plausible yet highly unorthodox for CP

Family Play Center

----------------------

Plausible

Summary of post: anything is possible.

-Justin Seabaugh

Besides, No Streak has not caught on fire yet and I am hoping that land is where a good coaster, one day, will be built.

Man I hope that you dissing the coaster and not my handle there for although I happen to be flaming at times I don't plan on catching fire anytime soon and besides the land under me is too small for a coaster anyways.