TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ I think what he's getting at, is that the accident isn't "better" because it was minor or "worse" because it was major. It's bad that the accident happen in the first place.

Sort of a park operator perspective than a physics perspective and it isn't necessarily wrong.

-Jahan

The news lady here called Magnum, Millenium Force and was saying how the "Force" crashed and how nowone really payed attention due to Maverick opening.

Sidenote: Anyone notice that CP has too many rides starting with M? Maverick, Magnum, Millenium Force, maXair Mantis, Mean Streak, Matterhorn, Monster and Midway Carousel.

They also have too many red painted rides, the majority of which

(Magnum, Dragster, Iron Dragon, and Mantis) form a blanket of red track across the gemini midway and over to the main midway and into frontier trail. Then there is Maverick seperated from those four in the back. I also hear there actually repaintig Millennium Force red

They also have too many red painted rides, the majority of which

(Magnum, Dragster, Iron Dragon, and Mantis) form a blanket of red track across the gemini midway and over to the main midway and into frontier trail. Then there is Maverick seperated from those four in the back. I also hear there actually repaintig Millennium Force red

I hate red rides, because, sure it looks good now, but in 6 or 7 years they will all be pink.

^ I think what he's getting at, is that the accident isn't "better" because it was minor or "worse" because it was major. It's bad that the accident happen in the first place.

I'm going to disagree. All accidents are not the same. This one is much easier to swallow than the recent one in Japan. It goes without saying that this isn't great news, but at least there were no major injuries.

Coasters are still far safer than the cars we use to get to the park.

Wait... I'm confused... wherever I see somehting that shouldve been about the inline twist I see something about an S bend... did they replace the inline with a stupid bend?! Say it aint so!

Edit - I must say, though, I'm practically giddy that I coined the phrase "Morbosity" and that rides are now being reffered to as Morbosity friendly/unfriendly

Wait... I'm confused... wherever I see somehting that shouldve been about the inline twist I see something about an S bend... did they replace the inline with a stupid bend?! Say it aint so!

Edit - I must say, though, I'm practically giddy that I coined the phrase "Morbosity" and that rides are now being reffered to as Morbosity friendly/unfriendly

heh, now there's an achievement to tell friends. I believe I was one of the first people to use the word manboob in 1999 I think it was...

I had a look at the webcam thing, but it hasn't updated for ages. Has anyone else's do this?

Right.

I didn't give two spits about the 95 degree drop, and tehrea re plenty of S bends to be had on the ride. I was excited as heck about the inline.

I feel like drawing Morbosity sitting on someone. Who's in charge of this?

Hey guys,

Just got back from a trip to Cedar Point. I was one of the many who stood in the pouring rain all Saturday morning to get an early ride on Maverick.

The ride is tons of fun. The drop is great, and there are some very good moments of airtime on the hills. I loved the launch and the quick left turn that follows it, the awesome stengel dives, and the quick turns and constant change of direction.

I think the ride is perfect for Cedar Point because it feels so different from all their other coasters. It's not all that intense or intimidating, it's just absolute fun all the way through. Great ride, I'd give it an 8.5/10.

A few other notes:

-I also rode it at the end of the day when the que was almost completely full, and the wait was roughly 2 hours.

-I didn't notice the headchoppers at all.

-I've noticed people complained about hitting their necks against the restraints. I just made sure to anticipate and lean with the turns, and I never once hit my neck against the restraints.

-Both my rides were in the front seat. During my night ride I was getting tons of bugs to the face throughout the whole ride. I practically rode with my eyes closed.