TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ Neither is a car crash, provided you're wearing your seatbelt and the airbags deploy properly, but who goes round looking for that

I'm glad their already installing the replacement track. I'd love to see it open as soon as possible. We planned our trip for June 14th, thinking it'd be open by then (note we planned it BEFORE we knew the opening would be delayed, but everyone knew it would be...) so I'm crossing my fingers.

-James Dillaman

I just got back from a week trip to CP and was able to see it testing on its last day with the heartline roll. It looked brutal. Honestly. The roll was taken WAY too fast and coming out of it looked really harsh as well. It did a dead stop from the roll and would have bashed your ears to no end.

Was also there yesterday (5/22) when they were installing the new track. We did notice though, that all the trains were lined up in the station and waiting brakes the entire time the track was removed. They also installed some scaffolding in the tunnel under the station and were doing some welding on the station track, I assume, or something in there.

Anyone know more of what was going on in the station/tunnel area that needed more work?

Was also there yesterday (5/22) when they were installing the new track. We did notice though, that all the trains were lined up in the station and waiting brakes the entire time the track was removed. They also installed some scaffolding in the tunnel under the station and were doing some welding on the station track, I assume, or something in there.

Anyone know more of what was going on in the station/tunnel area that needed more work?

The trains have been like that for a while, they were like that when I went May 17 & 18.

Also when I was there, they were laying boards in the tunnel so workers could walk in and work, they are definitely doing something in there.

If you look at the webcam right now, it appears as if the crane is holding the final replacement piece as workers install it.

It would be great if they finished installing the new pieces today or tomorrow, that way there is a slight chance of Maverick opening by my visit (June 6th and 7th). I'm not holding my breath though...

Installation of the new track is now complete, and speculation on Pointbuzz is saying that the new ride could quite possibly open on Saturday.

Pointbuzz buzz: http://www.pointbuzz.com/cpplace.aspx?mode=thread&TopicID=20854&page=16#320823

There's some nice pics here of the finished s-bend thing here: http://rollercoasterfreak.com/Cedar_Point/2007-05-23_Maverick_S-Bend/index.htm

They're putting a ceiling/floor in above/below the station so things don't fall on the track before the launch as the train goes under the station.

Wow, that was fast! Gotta give them credit for fixing the problem so quickly!

You know what else I find kind of odd, this is turning out to be a quick fix as if they anticipated it! Hmmm! They probably designed that spot so an S-curve would fit perfectly in case the heart line needed removing..which it did.

Exactly im sure it's not the "oh no we open in 2 days what to do" type situation. I feel they knew after the first couple test but decided to keep everything under the wraps and then make an announcement and give the impression they just found out but meanwhile track is being shipped to the US even before the announcement. I think its a smart move to make it seem like the issue was solved over night.