TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Anyway, anyone else wishing that Maverick was the rumored dueling flyers? Probably would have been alot more reliable

Um. Yeah....Hi.

Tatsu was delayed too.

Nice try, though!

--Robb "See, you forgot already, didn't you?" Alvey

I personally do not care, because I will not be there until June 24th.

WE arnt going till june 24th. dont forget whos taking you So yeah i am still really looking forwarth to this and i am now thinking about coming on the midwest trip (goes and talks to dad!)

This is so funny. Someone made a huge mistake........

Unfortunatly, It isn't funny for people who are making a 10+ hour trek out to Cedar Point mainly to ride Maverick, but it turns out to be closed and they can't ride it after all...

Nah, that's actually kind of funny!

Thanks. The news I learned today is just why I did not ask my parents to go. Instead, I can wait a year or two and go. Then I am pretty sure that it will be open.I hope........

-Eric"This really IS funny"Smith

Does anyone have a picture of the heartline roll that shows how tight it is, from all the pictures i have seen it didn't look too bad. The ride looks like something worth trying, one of these days i will have to get off this island and visit Cedar Point and my 1st ever six flags (hmm now considering on my placement year, trying to find a place somewhere in the U.S.A. just so i can spend my days off trying different parks. Education first, honest)

Rob

Does anyone have a picture of the heartline roll that shows how tight it is

This is the only one I've seen:

BTW, when did the park announce it would be open for the 12th? I don't think I ever saw that.

I saw the media day announcement, but never a date set for an official "opening day" for the public.

--Robb

Does anyone have a picture of the heartline roll that shows how tight it is

This is the only one I've seen:

BTW, when did the park announce it would be open for the 12th? I don't think I ever saw that.

I saw the media day announcement, but never a date set for an official "opening day" for the public.

--Robb

Thanks for that, i can see what people mean now, the other pictures didn't do the tightness (if thats a word) justice

Rob

I have always thought the roll looked horribly shaped, and I'm sure the location after a 70 mph launch doesn't help anything.

I really hope that the entire roll isn't removed, and that they are just modifying it. It looked like an awesome element!

Does anyone have a picture of the heartline roll that shows how tight it is, from all the pictures i have seen it didn't look too bad.

These are most likely the three sections being removed.

^ Ive never really seen how tightly that heartline roll is, but I always knew that Heartline roll was going to cause a problem.

I hope they don't take it out though! That's one of the parts of the ride im really looking forward to.

I think Intamin and Cedar Fair relations could be broken, now back to BM.

I would hope so, I love the expierence of Intamin's rides, but their reliability track record is gettin a bit ridiculous. B&M's rides are less thrilling and extreme, but they have a great track record for reliability and safety (Has anyone ever died or even been injured on a B&M coaster?)

I think Intamin and Cedar Fair relations could be broken, now back to BM.

I would hope so, I love the expierence of Intamin's rides, but their reliability track record is gettin a bit ridiculous. B&M's rides are less thrilling and extreme, but they have a great track record for reliability and safety (Has anyone ever died or even been injured on a B&M coaster?)

I think the only accident that i have ever heard of from B&M was the hulk rollback and as far as i am aware nobody was injured, and besides that i don't think B&M had anything to do with the launch part of the hulk where it rolled back.

Rob