TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I think there going to have some lighting effect in there, I'm not sure who but someone already said something about old fashioned lanterns that flicker and go out or something to that effect, which would be sweet and very un-Cedar Point.

Kevin "9 days till opening day!"M.

^^ Look at previous updates. That's just the queue house. There is still the old WWL outdoor queue with a few switchbacks. Cedar Point never puts in a small queue area. They are the king of huge queues (well maybe IOA supasses them with redundantly long queues and at least 3 overflow areas per ride). Look at Magnum and Mantis and especially Raptor, MF, TTD, and Mean Streak. Those queues are huge! (they always go by quickly though

Plus this ride appeals to a much larger crowd because of the lower height limit. It's a huge, thrilling, and fun attraction for everyone 48" and up. I doubt the queue will ever be empty this summer.

^The sad part is, most of the queues actually fill all the way up! Ever waited through the entire queue line for Raptor? It sucks!

-Justin "Hopes he goes on a day when the park is dead" Seabaugh

^The sad part is, most of the queues actually fill all the way up! Ever waited through the entire queue line for Raptor? It sucks!

-Justin "Hopes he goes on a day when the park is dead" Seabaugh

I've seen Gemini's queue filled to over flowing. That's when you know it's bad.

Doesn't Mean Streak and Mantis has the longest queue length at Cedar Point?

Let's use proper English, shall we?

When I went, Mean Streak and Mantis had the shortest lines there. I'm not sure if this is because it wasn't very crowded, but the longest ones from my experience are TTD, MF, and Raptor.

Raptor's queue does suck to wait in when it's full. It was about 3/4 filled when i went back in '05.

I don't think Maverick will have the largest queue, but it will be somewhat big.

Queue wise, I think Mean Streak or MF are the longest. In the photo of Mean Streak's queue below, you enter go under the track, go through 1 switchback, then through 3 massive switchbacks and then it seems like a 1/4 mile walk to the station. That seems like it could hold a 3 to 4 hour line. MF's queue is just like 6 to 8 switchback areas it seems all crammed into that one area.

meanstreak06.jpg.f5cd8f399ebc0dba406359d905b2381d.jpg

3 to 4 hour line

You have to realize that those are the kinds of lines the Mean Streak would have opening year.

Back on topic, It is looking like the weather won't exactly be co-operating on opening day. Luckily, I'm going for the weekend, so maybe sunday will have nice weather.

EDIT: I just checked again, and opening day is set to be nice and sunny. Couldchange between now and then though.

Also, there is a new construction gallery update here; http://maverick.cedarpoint.com/latest/gallery/

Raptor's queue does suck to wait in when it's full. It was about 3/4 filled when i went back in '05.

I don't think Maverick will have the largest queue, but it will be somewhat big.

Queue wise, I think Mean Streak or MF are the longest. In the photo of Mean Streak's queue below, you enter go under the track, go through 1 switchback, then through 3 massive switchbacks and then it seems like a 1/4 mile walk to the station. That seems like it could hold a 3 to 4 hour line. MF's queue is just like 6 to 8 switchback areas it seems all crammed into that one area.

Do you mean all the part in blue is the queue!!? If yes, there is only Two words to describe it:MY GOD!!!

^ those blue things are the sunshades, but yes that is the queue.

Anyway, let's get back on topic. I guess I sort of started a tangent here.

I want to know the suprise they have in the tunnel. I think fog would be awesome. Like having the entire tunnel engulfed in fog so that you could not anticipate the launch.

Ever waited through the entire queue line for Raptor? It sucks!

Yup, I even rode it the year it was built when they had overflow queues that went along the midway. It was about a 2 hour wait.

If you have a good crew working that hits interval on a regular basis, a full queue should be 45min - 1 hour wait. Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case since 01-02, and a full queue is between 1 and 1.5 hours.

I was wondering how they were going to hold the queue back in that area. I'm glad to see WWL's structures getting good use. It will be interesting to see exactly how they laid it out in there.

WOW! Maverick is coming along great!! I so wish I were able to go and ride it. It looks amazing. I also think the fog would be a great idea!! OH OH OH and the horse sounds... OMG That would be like so awesome!! I think Maverick is a great looking ride! Its so pretty... and RED!!!!

~Matthew *Thinks Maverick Is Pretty* Stout

I doubt the queue will ever be empty this summer.

Oh, it will be. Weekdays in May, every ride is a walk-on. May isn't technically the "summer", though, it's still the spring, so you're probably right.

Dang. I'm going opening weekend. What does everyone think the crowds will be like then?

Oh, it will be. Weekdays in May, every ride is a walk-on. May isn't technically the "summer", though, it's still the spring, so you're probably right.

Untrue. I go every May on a weekday and while most are less than a ten minute wait, some rides may have waits up to an hour, MF and TTD most notably.

Untrue. I go every May on a weekday and while most are less than a ten minute wait, some rides may have waits up to an hour, MF and TTD most notably.

Hmm. I have been going every May the Thursday and Friday after opening day for the past 5 years, and I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes for anything. But then again, every year it has been cold and/or rainy, so that could play a big factor.

I also tend to go towards the end of may, not opening week. Maybe I have bad luck with school field trips always being there too. I'm just saying it's not always a walk on in May. It's still the best time to go though IMO.

Hmm. I have been going every May the Thursday and Friday after opening day for the past 5 years, and I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes for anything. But then again, every year it has been cold and/or rainy, so that could play a big factor.

Right, and if the weather continues like it has been, it should be mid 60's and sunny. With a new roller coaster, i think opening day will be packed, i'm still planning on going though. Anyone want to meet up there? PM me.

Kevin "Wishes Cedar Point had single rider lines" M.

Also theres a new blog:

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/blog/index.cfm