TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

There's some nice new footage of Maverick here, with some great arial video too!

HERE!!

HAHA, he said the tunnel is low to the ground to give the *SENSATION* of going faster in the tunnel. So, it doesn't launch you, you just feel like it lol...

It doesn't mention the launch anywhere, and they spelled building wrong...

That article was really written poorly. Sounds almost like something a high school student would write.

Bryan Edwards, of Cedar Point, said one of the common questions why the park keeps builing rides.

That sentence doesn't make any sense. I read it like 10 times trying to understand.

I guess they were going for "Bryan Edwards, of Cedar Point, said one of the common questions is "why does the park keep building rides?".

Just saw this on T.V, has anyone else seen the new Maverick spots? The only thing that sticks out to me is that they call it the worlds only terror coaster... . Also it looks like the "Prospector" is going to be a major character.

EDIT: Also theres a new blog

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/blog/index.cfm

They're not calling it a terror coaster, they're calling it a terra-coaster...

Terra as in terrain, I think.

The update is fantastic. With regards to the tunnel, will it totally be dark or will they have some type of lighting effect?

From Tony & Tyler:

The tunnel is still a surprise. In fact, we're not going to even mention it - you'll have to ride it and experience it for yourself! It will be wicked awesome.

Ideas?