TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

"Nevermind, I looked it up, and CP DOES specify that men over 6'2" cannot ride, however, they also say"

Hmm..so not only do I have to lose weight, I may have to shrink...

MAN I so was looking forward to this ride That is like so depressing. Thanks for posting that before I drove to Cedar Point to ride it.

"I may have to shrink...

As to that ^ LMFAO! Shrink away! Mabey you should drink shrinkfast J/K

~Matthew

Why does everyone seem to have had there minds blank halfway through my sentence? Yes Cedar Point does say that men over 6'2" may not be able to ride, but they do not intend that to be absolute. Below is the entire article on it from their website;

"All passenger restraint systems, including lap bars, shoulder harnesses and seatbelts, must be positioned, fastened and tightened to allow guests to ride.

Due to rider restraint system requirements, guests of exceptional size may not be accommodated on some of our rides. This may apply, but not be limited to, males who exceed 6'2", and those who exceed 225 pounds, have a 40" waistline or 52" chest or females who exceed 200 pounds or wear size 18 or larger. Each person has different body proportions, so it is impossible to determine exact size and weight.

Our larger guests may experience difficulty on Blue Streak, Chaos, Corkscrew, Disaster Transport, Mantis, Maverick, maXair, Mean Streak, Millennium Force, Mine Ride, Power Tower, Raptor, Skyhawk,Wave Swinger, Wicked Twister and Top Thrill Dragster.

Maximum recommended weight limits are posted on Camp Snoopy rides, Chaos, Monster, Scrambler, Super Himalaya, Troika, Wave Swinger, RipCord and most Soak City attractions.

You may enter the ride via the exit to ensure the restraints function properly prior to waiting in line. We have test seats at Maverick, maXair, Millennium Force, Raptor, Skyhawk, Top Thrill Dragster and Wicked Twister."

From http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/visit/tips.cfm#size.

Take it for what you want, but remember that even if you are over 6'2", that doesn't mean that you cannot ride, just that you're size MIGHT cause trouble with the restraints.

Why does everyone seem to have had there minds blank halfway through my sentence? Yes Cedar Point does say that men over 6'2" may not be able to ride, but they do not intend that to be absolute. Below is the entire article on it from their website;

"All passenger restraint systems, including lap bars, shoulder harnesses and seatbelts, must be positioned, fastened and tightened to allow guests to ride.

Due to rider restraint system requirements, guests of exceptional size may not be accommodated on some of our rides. This may apply, but not be limited to, males who exceed 6'2", and those who exceed 225 pounds, have a 40" waistline or 52" chest or females who exceed 200 pounds or wear size 18 or larger. Each person has different body proportions, so it is impossible to determine exact size and weight.

Our larger guests may experience difficulty on Blue Streak, Chaos, Corkscrew, Disaster Transport, Mantis, Maverick, maXair, Mean Streak, Millennium Force, Mine Ride, Power Tower, Raptor, Skyhawk,Wave Swinger, Wicked Twister and Top Thrill Dragster.

Maximum recommended weight limits are posted on Camp Snoopy rides, Chaos, Monster, Scrambler, Super Himalaya, Troika, Wave Swinger, RipCord and most Soak City attractions.

You may enter the ride via the exit to ensure the restraints function properly prior to waiting in line. We have test seats at Maverick, maXair, Millennium Force, Raptor, Skyhawk, Top Thrill Dragster and Wicked Twister."

Take it for what you want, but remember that even if you are over 6'2", that doesn't mean that you cannot ride, just that you're size MIGHT cause trouble with the restraints.

OMG If I was a large person and I read that I would not go to Cedar Point. I mean if large people experience difficulties trying to get on a ride would I really want to go to a park at the risk of being humiliated because I have a hard time getting in and off a ride? Plus, the risk of my size causing a trouble with the restraint. I think I would die. Thanks for posting! Sometimes I am glad I am skinny.

~Matthew

As for my comment/forum...the FIRST that i wanted to post...there is nothing in this about a height LIMIT! Like "you must not be taller than ___ to ride this ride!"...why did I get locked?! I was curious and you guys are harsh...that's all.

Cedar Point hasn't actually said what the maximum height limit is for Maverick, just the minimum, which is 48 inches. If i'm wrong, could you please link to where it says that you have to be under 6' 2" to ride.

Also, to anyone who has been on Storm Runner or Kingda Ka, do they have a max height limit, and if so, what is it?

Im 6'3" and I rode StormRunner many times?Or is there no max height?Man i hope i can ride now.

OMG If I was a large person and I read that I would not go to Cedar Point. I mean if large people experience difficulties trying to get on a ride would I really want to go to a park at the risk of being humiliated because I have a hard time getting in and off a ride? Plus, the risk of my size causing a trouble with the restraint. I think I would die. Thanks for posting! Sometimes I am glad I am skinny.

~Matthew

Only really stupid or careless ride ops would let you ride if you didn't fit, like the idiots at SFNE that cuased the accident on S:ROS. Thing is, Six Flags and Cedar Fair both hire teenaged, careless, probably doing drugs ride ops, so it's really only Disney, Busch, Universal kind of places that have better standards for hiring where you're safe, but even then, accidents do happen. Also, if you do end up at CP and don't fit on the newer coasters, Magnum and Gemini don't have the "Exceptional Size" warning on the website, and supposedly they are the best two rides there anyway.

"Nevermind, I looked it up, and CP DOES specify that men over 6'2" cannot ride, however, they also say"

Ill Be sure to have a pair of the THINNEST flipflops i can find when i do and just throw them on before i get in line,thats if they care about the rule.

Ill Be sure to have a pair of the THINNEST flipflops i can find when i do and just throw them on before i get in line,thats if they care about the rule.

kissorkill2night, if you rode Storm Runner, you should be okay, Maverick uses essentialy the same seat/restraint system as Storm Runner, except with the seats tilted further back to accomadate riders above 48" instead of just above 54" riders.

~Matthew

The first time that I ever went to CP I made MF my first ride, I was JUST barely able to ride, you had to have a space of your thumb between the buckle and the loop and the lady just stood there and watched me, all the other times the ride opps. helped me by pulling the belt for me.

Why does everyone seem to have had there minds blank halfway through my sentence? That doesn't mean that you cannot ride, just that you're size MIGHT cause trouble with the restraints.

That's the thing. I'm STILL growing pretty steadily... pretty soon my shoulders won't fit under the restraints.

P.S. Could someone recap what happened at SROS? My understanding is "large guy put too much stress on the restraint during airtime".

Thing is, Six Flags and Cedar Fair both hire teenaged, careless, probably doing drugs ride ops, so it's really only Disney, Busch, Universal kind of places that have better standards for hiring where you're safe, but even then, accidents do happen.

Talk about stereotyping an entire industry.

Six Flags has had complaints about poor staff, but that doesn't mean all of SF and CF employees are drugged up coke fiends.

Thing is, Six Flags and Cedar Fair both hire teenaged, careless, probably doing drugs ride ops, so it's really only Disney, Busch, Universal kind of places that have better standards for hiring where you're safe, but even then, accidents do happen.

Talk about stereotyping an entire industry.

Six Flags has had complaints about poor staff, but that doesn't mean all of SF and CF employees are drugged up coke fiends.

I do understand that not all of their employees are careless and drugged up, but it's not like either of us can make a very accurate guess of just how many of the employees are the careless ones and how many are the carefull, good workers, espiecally since even though their may be drug surveys, it's obvious that almost anyone who is asked if they do drugs and knows that it is illegal will say no, even if they do. Also, one careless ride-op is one too many.

^ It's always surpised me how a company that pays nearly the same (Disney) can have much better ride ops than companies like Six Flags and Cedar Fair. I suppose it's all in the training.

To be fair, Six Flags employees (at least at SFNE) have been phenomenally better this year!

In regards to Maverick, I'm surprised there hasn't been an official update on the Cedr Point website to show off the test runs... ::taps foot::

My friend couldn't ride WT, TTD or MF because he was too big. He isn't fat, he plays Defense on our team and he's tall and buff. It was annoying though because I don't want to be the friend that made the other friend wait because I could fit on the rides.

Don;t count on the grass being there...it may be June before it actually grows in.

I can't either. I didn't think I was going to be able to go for my birthday like I wanted because my dog a litter of pups, and we can't leave them at home for that long, but I'm gonna be there for Starlight admission on the 12th and all day on the 13th with my dad, I'm also getting to fly for the first time.

On topic, I'm also annoyed that we arn't getting an update about it testing, it sucks to only have camera phone videos available.

My friend couldn't ride WT, TTD or MF because he was too big. He isn't fat, he plays Defense on our team and he's tall and buff. It was annoying though because I don't want to be the friend that made the other friend wait because I could fit on the rides.

Don;t count on the grass being there...it may be June before it actually grows in.

Well, they could install turf. (Not the artificial stuff, but the real grass that comes on big slabs. My school does this whenever they landscape and it only takes a couple days.

Yeah, I know! It's like (and is) the only videos are of Maverick testing are all really crummby quality. Unless Discovery Channel or someone was on-site and filming a construction show like on Tatsu. That'd be awesome!

Even if they were, they wouldn't show something like that until after the ride opens, maybe even later (Tatsu was built between 2005 and 2006, the construction special wasn't aired until January 07 if I rember correctly).