TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I bet that the POV won't be on the first train of the season, but probably not the last. My bet is that they will have a POV by the end of June.

It's probably likely that a POV will be posted before the park opens.

MF and TTD both had POVs posted before the ride opened.

Really? I had no idea. Do you think it will be an empty train if it is before it opens?(Yes I know your think I am a dumb a$$ for saying that but it could be the designers or the employees).

You realize that plenty of people will ride the coaster before opening day?

Who?

- Designers

- Construction Crew

- Cedar Fair Executives

- Employees

- People they get to fill the trains for commercial shoots

There may be some sort of "mystique" that the ride has never been touched before it officially opens, but that's rarely (almost never) true. They aren't going to open a major ride to the public without extensive riding with humans.

Who?

- Designers

- Construction Crew

- Cedar Fair Executives

- Employees

There may be some sort of "mystique" that the ride has never been touched before it officially opens, but that's rarely (almost never) true. They aren't going to open a major ride to the public without extensive riding with humans.

Plus the ride crew needs to be trained on the ride.

They'll typically use empoyees to act as the guests.

Thanks. You two have taught me something new today. I thank you for that

As for my comment/forum...the FIRST that i wanted to post...there is nothing in this about a height LIMIT! Like "you must not be taller than ___ to ride this ride!"...why did I get locked?! I was curious and you guys are harsh...that's all.

Cedar Point hasn't actually said what the maximum height limit is for Maverick, just the minimum, which is 48 inches. If i'm wrong, could you please link to where it says that you have to be under 6' 2" to ride.

Also, to anyone who has been on Storm Runner or Kingda Ka, do they have a max height limit, and if so, what is it?

As for my comment/forum...the FIRST that i wanted to post...there is nothing in this about a height LIMIT! Like "you must not be taller than ___ to ride this ride!"...why did I get locked?! I was curious and you guys are harsh...that's all.

Yes, but it is better to ask in here than create a brand new thread.

Also, your post was sloppy and filled with things we generally don't like (capitalized title, undescriptive title, bad grammar).

Your best bet would be to call Cedar Point or ask when you go to get your pass processed.

Who?

- Designers

- Construction Crew

- Cedar Fair Executives

- Employees

Isn't Cedar Fair also auctioningoff inaugural rides? Or will they be on opening day?

-Mike

There could have been a very easy way to posted that thread without having it get locked. Maybe if the subject was clear and it looked like it was written by someone who is over the age of 12, it would be have been treated like a normal thread.

It was just a sloppy thread and we're not going to put up with that around here, from new members OR old.

Your very first post on this forum made it seem like you read and understood the rules Robb created.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21962&start=80

Yet you ignored the VERY FIRST rule!

Cedar Point hasn't actually said what the maximum height limit is for Maverick, just the minimum, which is 48 inches. If i'm wrong, could you please link to where it says that you have to be under 6' 2" to ride.

Also, to anyone who has been on Storm Runner or Kingda Ka, do they have a max height limit, and if so, what is it?

I dno't have a link, just heard from a friend, and on CP's site. Something about guests of excessive height. And now I cant find it. Crud...sorry.

I dno't have a link, just heard from a friend, and on CP's site. Something about guests of excessive height. And now I cant find it. Crud...sorry.

Yes Cedar Point says that guests of excessive size are not permitted on some rides, however, this does not say a specific height... Nevermind, I looked it up, and CP DOES specify that men over 6'2" cannot ride, however, they also say;

"Each person has different body proportions, so it is impossible to determine exact size and weight"

So even that isn't specific enough to make a complete decision. Also, they have test seats on most major rides, Maverick included.

I don't have a link, just heard from a friend, and on CP's site. Something about guests of excessive height. And now I cant find it. Crud...sorry.

It's most likely the same as Xcelerator, etc. in terms of height. All it says about height limits on Xcelerator, is that your head cannot exceed the head rest.

Anyway, in terms of size...it might be like Xcelerator, but I kinda doubt it. Xcelerator has a little gauge on the lap bar. It's red, and when you put it down, it turns green. As long as it's green, then they'll let you ride. If it's red...suck it up, Sally. You can't ride!

-Mike "Hope that Helped!" J