TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Way to post illegal videos. You do realize that unauthorized vehicles are prohibited on Perimeter Road during the offseason, right, which means that whoever took that video did so illegally.

Just saying, I'm surprised this and the other two leaked videos haven't been pulled from YouTube by the park yet.

Way to post illegal videos. You do realize that unauthorized vehicles are prohibited on Perimeter Road during the offseason, right, which means that whoever took that video did so illegally.

Just saying, I'm surprised this and the other two leaked videos haven't been pulled from YouTube by the park yet.

Say's the person who's got a maverick logo as an avatar without any © asked from the park.

I mean who cares that it's illegal ?

We finally got something to see and then you start complaining ?

I'm happy with it to see something more then a view from a funcam.

I was hoping on a good view these day's of how its running trough the course but CP still did not give us something more....

So if anyone is going over there to makes some views then its fine by me.

Thx for the vid

Say's the person who's got a maverick logo as an avatar without any © asked from the park.

Let's see, the Maverick logo avatar that the park released as an avatar. You're telling me they don't want people to use it, um, okay...

The park cares if it's illegal. Imagine you had a big $21 million project that you wanted to keep secret and some moron posted a video of it on YouTube... you'd be pissed, too.

I wasn't complaining, I was stating that the video is illegal. I don't know what your beef with me is, but I'd ask that you stop trying to make me sound like a bad guy in this situation.

The park cares if it's illegal. Imagine you had a big $21 million project that you wanted to keep secret and some moron posted a video of it on YouTube... you'd be pissed, too.

Please. It's not an underground nuclear missle silo. It's a freakin' roller coaster. And one that'll be open very shortly. I highly doubt Cedar Point is ready to launch a criminal investigation into this. The only thing they were ever concerned about keeping "top secret" was the announcement of the ride itself.

If the videographer was trespassing, fine, that's obviously illegal. But again, something tells me the execs aren't too worried about testing videos getting leaked at this point.

Looks like somebody gets the point

Its all about over reacting about something.

If there was a problem CP would has contacted the staff here so whats the big deal.

I'm looking forward to get some new pics and a vid from CP but thill then stuff like this is fine by me.

I'm happy with it to see something more then a view from a funcam.

I was hoping on a good view these day's of how its running trough the course but CP still did not give us something more....

So if anyone is going over there to makes some views then its fine by me.

Thx for the vid

Ok, as he said, first of all, the avatar was released by the park. Second of all, he is WORKING at Cedar Point, this season.

As for the people who care if it's illegal?

1. Cedar Fair.

2. TPR.

3. The govenment. (I mean, they set the laws, and that video is breaking the law)

4. Me

5. Probably a whole lot of other people/websites!

Seriously, you get banned for posting things about breaking park rules. It does matter.

-Mike

Man looking at the PointBuzz pictures from yesterday, the lake under the turn before the heartline roll is disgusting, I doubt it's like that during the season though.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the perimiter road that runs right alongside Maverick is open now, and from a Trip Report I saw a few days ago, it seems like everyone who drives up it ends up congregating around the Maverick construction site watching it test without Cedar Point security doing anything.

3. The govenment. (I mean, they set the laws, and that video is breaking the law)

I can see someone at the Pentagon is getting a team together at this moment to investigate this "illegal" video of a rollercoaster at CP

Serious though, at this time CP probably will encourage people taking videos and posting it on you tube. That is free advertising! Do you understand how many people will see this and find out for the first time that there will be a new coaster at CP?

For all i care, someone at cp pr dept told an intern to take shots of some testrun and post it on you tube.

This has gotten a little off topic. It has gone to 'Is it testing' to 'pics of testing' to 'The Government cares about a video'. I realize that almost everyone posting on this thread has more posts than me but can we stay on the topic of "Construction" please. It seems like someone finds something and then someone else has to come over the top. It is starting to get annoying. Please stop.

Like DarkStitch said

Relax.jpg.e73577597299d2c5fd9e8bee756837be.jpg

Oops , didn't take a look at it.

I wonder how long will it be before we can have a POV of the coaster.

We will probably have one in mid August after the TPR midwest trip, or maybe even as soon as opening weekend (Coasterforce is going there for a CF Live on opening day).

We will probably have one in mid August after the TPR midwest trip, or maybe even as soon as opening weekend (Coasterforce is going there for a CF Live on opening day).

Cedar Point will probably post one eventually. They have with every other coaster they've built.

Any non-Cedar Point POVs will probably be from media day. Cedar Point is very anti guest POVs. I highly doubt they will be letting anyone on the ride with a camcorder during park hours.

I bet that the POV won't be on the first train of the season, but probably not the last. My bet is that they will have a POV by the end of June.

It's probably likely that a POV will be posted before the park opens.

MF and TTD both had POVs posted before the ride opened.