TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^Yeah, thanks!

Anyway, I was looking at the webcams yesterday. At the pondcam, or whatever (The only one that's up, unless they put the other(s) back). I noticed a crane going into the tunnel. I'm not going to jump to conclusions or anything, but could it have something to do with it not being able to launch correctly? If it had something to do with testing that is.

Since then, the crane is gone. So I don't know what to make of that.

...either that, or they're putting up theming in there, which I doubt.

-Mike

I think that it might have to do with the launch not being right, but why go into this end and not the other end. I think that the launch is tilted incase that would happen.(like a brake run.) Other than that I could not think of a reason to go into the tunnel for anything but theming.

Yeah, you guys are just bullshitting. The crane could be there to excavate zombie corpses so they don't come back and eat riders. Who knows? It's obviously running and testing, why try to second guess every little thing?

I HIGHLY doubt that CP would let an error that great happen. If the track was tilted wrong, then it wouldnt connect to the other track. So again, a problem like that would NEVER happen.

No no no. I mean it is tilted incase of a "rollback".

Eric"I know what I am talking about, so it's all good"Smith

No, Eric's got the right idea, even if "tilted" wasn't the best word.

The track isn't completely level. When you're launching, you're actually going slightly up, so if in the case of a rollback, the train can roll backwards to the start of the launch and try it again.

As for the crane, eh whatever.

No, I haven't, accually. But thanks for the concern. Could ya kinda cut those comments? I really don't appreciate them.

Sorry. We had page after page of nothing but "Is testing started??". Then pages and pages of people posting webcam pics of testing.

Then to have someone come in and post testing pics like they were brand new, that were posted days ago, well I hope you can understand why it rubbed me the wrong way.

I saw two things from the map.

1. The canyon/tunnel after the airtime hill that hasn't showed up in any pictures is on the map.

2. Did I miss the announcement that Cedar Point is going smoke free, because I saw smoking signs on the map too.