TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'm headed to CP the second weekend it is open. I'm really excited. I've not experienced TTD or (of course) Maverick. Too bad it will still be too cold to enjoy the water park and the water rides, but it will be fun. It shouldn't be too busy since it is before Memorial Day.

^I bet it's a Pro-Slide Tornado or something for Soak City.

A Pro-Slide Tornado would hardly take the internet by storm. Those things are as dime a dozen now as skycoasters.

Nearly every park has one.

CF over hypes everything, so I wouldn't be waiting too anxiously to find out what this rumour is about.

Until you see a train on one of those inversions, don't get your hopes up.

There's still plenty to do before full testing starts.

Doesn't matter if it starts testing today or a month from now. You still can't ride it till May.

I heard a big rumor from Cedar Point. This summer, not only Maverick will be making its big splash. Cedar Point tells that this summer, they will open something big, something that will be in park history...

"In addition to Maverick making a big splash in 2007, something else will be making its way into history this summer, and it will take the internet world by storm...... to be continued."

Any idea guys?

I figured it out! From the construction diary on March 9th:

Permanent fencing has also started going up along Maverick’s perimeter, and we’re buying some LARGE TREES to be used in landscaping the project area.

This has got to be the one thing we never thought we would hear from CP.

Ron "A Tree Grows In Sandusky!" Patton

All I can say is that "completed canyon structure" doesn't look that canyony to me.

Also, I really hope they add some theming to the side covering on the launch tunnel, because at the moment the tunnel looks just ... like a big metal hut type thing ... and generally doesn't fit in.

All I can say is that "completed canyon structure" doesn't look that canyony to me.

Also, I really hope they add some theming to the side covering on the launch tunnel, because at the moment the tunnel looks just ... like a big metal hut type thing ... and generally doesn't fit in.

I'm sure the canyons will look better from other angles and without that material covering the track.

The animations didn't make the tunnel seem like it'd be anything else. Maybe covered in wood, but it's not going to be a cave.

Not to tie a knot into the panties of all the Cedar Point fan boys, but the latest Buzz claims that some kind of snafu may actually delay the opening of Maverick from opening day. Its just a crazy rumor right now and I wont go into the details right now since they may be totally bogus, but if anyone else knows more and can confirm or deny this story, please do so.

Uh oh. It must have something to do with CP planting large trees.

Ron "I knew they didn't know how plant them" Patton

^I dont. They still need to get all the electrical wiring in. It is still pretty cold of there, so I say not for a month or so. And remember, they are still putting up the theming around the ride, there would be a high risk of problems if they send a train through while the theming is being put up.