TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

When I first started seeing construction photos I thought "no way will this coaster have a lift hill/drop" as it looked like it would be a ground-hugging launched coaster. While much of this is true, the lift/drop were a complete surprise to me so even though it's not very tall, it's more than I expected overall to be honest with you.

^I may have said this before for someone who asked so I apologize if it's posted somewhere else...

In the CGI video it appears to only "launch" around 10-15 mph, about the same speed as MF's cable lift. It also looked more like a constant pulse than one solid launch.Then again, it could end up being different than the animation showed.

NOTE: We've updated the Maverick Construction Photos Update Page on 9/16/06:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/cedarpoint2007/cedarpoint2007.htm

This time thanks to our friends at www.johnnyupsidedown.com and www.pointpixels.com for the new pics!

Thanks guys!

--Robb

My pleasure Rob glad to share.

I hope eveybody enjoyed the photos. I sure enjoyed getting a view of the ride.

It really is cool that CP has built as much of the ride as they have and that there is so much access to get photos. Most of the times you cant really get a good view at most parks.

All in all I will say that the coaster is going to be a nice fit into the parks line up. At first I was a little dissapointed in the overal ride design. But after seeing the ride and seeing all the promotional stuff CP put out I think the ride is going to be a great addition. It looks like its going to be a lot of fun to ride. Overall its not exactly what I had hoped or expected but really it looks to be a fun and unique ride expereince. I am interested to see the one barrol roll after the tunnel launch, in the videos it looks like it will be a wild roll.

I've kept quiet about Maverick until now, because there are so many pros and cons for this coaster, I can't decide if I'm really looking forward to it or not.

What I like is how Cedar Point haven't just concentrated too much on one particular element, and thrown a whole mix of stuff into the ride. It'll certainly take the queues away from the other big rides in the area, and the ride's low stature is good for those who aren't quite ready to face their fears on Dragster.

My biggest concern is for the capacity of this ride. Of course it's bound to have big queues, and whilst having lots of trains will help, for a ride that is less intimidating than Dragster and has less of a throughput may leave the ride requiring a bullrun on the busiest days for those not prepared to wait.

But I have a hunch that the LIMs will prove a good deal more reliable than the hydraulic system used on that other launch I've already mentioned.

I've kept quiet about Maverick until now, because there are so many pros and cons for this coaster, I can't decide if I'm really looking forward to it or not.

What I like is how Cedar Point haven't just concentrated too much on one particular element, and thrown a whole mix of stuff into the ride. It'll certainly take the queues away from the other big rides in the area, and the ride's low stature is good for those who aren't quite ready to face their fears on Dragster.

My biggest concern is for the capacity of this ride. Of course it's bound to have big queues, and whilst having lots of trains will help, for a ride that is less intimidating than Dragster and has less of a throughput may leave the ride requiring a bullrun on the busiest days for those not prepared to wait.

But I have a hunch that the LIMs will prove a good deal more reliable than the hydraulic system used on that other launch I've already mentioned.

I agree with you for the most part. Long queues and CP are synonymous terms. Yet the longest I've waited for MF is 20 mins and 30 for TTD (gotta love frightfest sunday afternoons when the Browns are playing home.)