TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ I don't get what your saying. So by not being endorced by an outside company, and by being an amusement park, it makes it have Disney quality theming just by simply building a couple of plastic rocks?

Did I say it had Disney quality themeing? Read my post over again and tell me where it says that. What I said was that because it doesnt have a company endorser, it has no "guide line" for lack of a better word to theme the ride too. For example, Time Warner is partners with Six Flags, so rides are themed to Time Warner charectores/cartoons/comic books. Cedar Point is independantly owened so it does't have a certain "guide line" to theme rides too. Thus the rides are independantly themed to either nothing or what its surrounding area is themed too. Take Holiday World for example, NONE of the rides are highly themed (except for Gobbler maybe) but they all have some themeing to what "Holiday" of the park they are in.

Colin C

Colin C

I think that we should be really happy we got another coaster in our world. I mean let's not say "I hate it that this thing lacks theming" or "Really stupid, it isn't a record breaker". I'm more than happy this ride is being built. And let's face it, it can't be that bad with those stats/elements

And let's face it, it can't be that bad with those stats/elements

Cough, Thunder Dolphin, Cough

I'll reserve my judgement for when I ride it. But for now I think it looks like a fun, family thrill ride! (ala Powder Keg or Cali Screamin)

I'm glad that CP didn't try to break speed or height records with this one. Now-a-days, it seems thats all anybody ever wants...I love the layout, elements and themeing. It looks to be a very thrilling ride. Though, I think CP could have done better with the color scheme...I think Maverick should have been some dark brown color for it's track instead of the ever so popular repeatedly used red...but thats just me.

I think Maverick is just a fill in ride, just like Wicked Twister was. I personally think Cedar Point's next coaster will be a 500 - 600 footer. They just need the right technology to come up with it.

...or Cedar Point actually wanted to build "just a coaster".

I think Maverick is just a fill in ride, just like Wicked Twister was. I personally think Cedar Point's next coaster will be a 500 - 600 footer. They just need the right technology to come up with it.

Like what? Add a jet engine to the back of the train?

I wish people would stop saying its different its really just a standard coaster with fake rocks and a launch in the middle kinda like Cali Screamin reversed.

I think that that's different. Where else is there a coaster with all of those features? Reversed: I'd call that different...

I think you're crazy if you call this a "fill-in ride." First you bash Griffon now you bash Maverick. I think it'll be an awesome addition to the park next year and it might just be Cedar Point's #1 coaster.

I'm glad that CP didn't try to break speed or height records with this one. Now-a-days, it seems thats all anybody ever wants...I love the layout, elements and themeing. It looks to be a very thrilling ride. Though, I think CP could have done better with the color scheme...I think Maverick should have been some dark brown color for it's track instead of the ever so popular repeatedly used red...but thats just me.

i also agree with you on the color, red does seem like a very odd color for this ride...

I heard that Cedar Point is not competing anymore for the tallest and fastest roller coasters. I think because Six Flags Magic Mountain is having financial problems and might eventually close. If that happens, CP will have the world's tallest and fastest roller coaster. And besides, SFMM stole CP's ride pretty much, I think.

I think Maverick does look like a great all around coaster. I can't wait to see how the "theming" turns out.

If Magnum is Maggie, and Millenium Force is Millie, what is Maverick?

How about Mavis?

-rbpia

I hope OnPoint has a contest for trash can placement!

I heard that Cedar Point is not competing anymore for the tallest and fastest roller coasters. I think because Six Flags Magic Mountain is having financial problems and might eventually close. If that happens, CP will have the world's tallest and fastest roller coaster. And besides, SFMM stole CP's ride pretty much, I think.

When did they move Kinda Ka across country?

Edit- This just made me think of something. With Six Flags out of the BIG coaster business for the time being, would it make good business sense CP to reclaim the records in 2008?

-rbpia

sorry for getting all the fanboys excited

Yep, Cedar Fair buying ot SF! Wouldn't "Lotte Dot Magic Mountain" sound great?

Like having "Tatsu Splash Battle", "Gold Washer" as well as "Spiller's Revenge", "Wetman The Ride" and most important: "Drown!". After denying you that well deserved Aquatrax at CP, they definitely should do something about that...