TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I am very impressed with this coaster. This should be a very fun ride. I must get there in May to ride this!!

What if they need to do an E-Stop? They can't stop it on the lift with the LSM's, can they? Is the launch area the only place to stop a train (minus station, brake run, pre lift)if needed?

My guess is the lift will have rollback things on it so that it is possible for a stop, but it may not, anyone else know?

Easily will be the best ride at CP. Crushing MF and pulling far ahead of Dragster. Itll be far better than Raptor but at least its similar in style with all the directional changes.

Watch those interviews:

I really get the feeling that the corporate offices of CP are "unsure" about this ride. In most of the interviews they seem rather apprehensive about it not being super high or fast. Kinzel himself doesnt seem to really be much enthusiastic about it and the others just seem to have this "we arent sure about this" attitude.

Is it just me? I just really feel that they know no other way to produce a good ride and that its been so long since theyve installed something of pure quality that theyve forgotten.

I think they will be pleasantly suprised. Its everything those "record breakers" arent and thats whats going to make it better than anything there.

"What if they need to do an E-Stop? They can't stop it on the lift with the LSM's, can they? Is the launch area the only place to stop a train (minus station, brake run, pre lift)if needed?"

Im sure they could since Impulse coasters can..

The chain doesn't keep the train from rolling back; the anti rollback dogs and rails (or whatever you want to call them) keep from doing that. My guess is that they will install anti-rollback strips beside the LSM's since it's a very important safety feature.

Andrew "Clankity clank!" C.

Ok why do I get the feeling Maverick's opening day theres gonna be a headless horsemen on a black stallion trotting all the way from park enterence to Maverick's que entry like a race during "Running of the bulls" And the guy riding the horse will have a gold,red and white flag that says "CP 17th"

Sean"Aww crap the brittish are coming"Chappell

So THAT's the video everyone's talking about...

Wow, there's a lot more to the Maverick website now that I've checked the whole thing out. I love the colors on the trains being different precious metals, just adds to the potentially awesome theming.

That tunnel launch is going to be sick!