TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I am kind of disapointed in the people who expected a 500-footer or some kind of record breaker. Incredibly disapointed.

Do we all want a TTD or Kingda Ka with just another 100ft added on?

No. Rocket coasters break down more often than what CP has announced. This one provides a "lift" AND a launch. It also has inversions and airtime hills. What more can you ask for in a package like this?

If you wanted a giant coaster, then you've been looking at things as if money was no object- Maverick is gonna cost a pretty penny. It's themed, it's an Intamin, and it's got LSM's, luxuries for coasters that cost more money than chains or built by Vekoma.

Anyone notice that this coaster has a BLACK horse and RED track. Stormrunner @ Hersheypark has a WHITE horse and RED track.

Maybe Intamin has a GREY horse and RED track coaster planned with a similar style planned?

Note the trend?

Actually if the second stengal dive is bankrd more than 122* then they have a record, because MF holds the record for highest banked non inversion thingie.

^And i don't think thats a trim. It might be to slow the train in the case of a rollback so the launch can slow it down safely.

I am SO excited for Maverick, I really think that it will take the cake for best coaster at CP. I am very pleased that CP chose to go with a smaller ride with a lot of theming. IMO this coaster looks amazing it has good elements, good theming (maybe, just please NO neon paint anywhere), and hopefully good airtime !

I am very excited for this ride especially since I never really got all that excited for it. Ever since the construction started I have not really thought anything of it, but great job CP! See you next year!

'07 will be SO AWESOME!!

One of the best years for coasters EVA!