TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Kelly and I are already planning on being in Kentucky during June of next year. Now it looks like we just might have to make the drive up to Sandusky to check out their new toy. I'm a big fan of California Screamin because of the launch/first hill combination and I'm hoping Maverick's drop is somewhat similar air time wise.

BTW the website for the new ride is some quality stuff.

Sean “Who isn’t much of a Cedar Point fan, but really likes the look of the new ride!” Menefee

WHOA!!!

This ride looks sweet! I love that low barrel roll in the second half, and those "overbanks" look pretty sweet.

This should be a very exciting, fun, enjoyable coaster. It looks like the type I'd ride over and over again, just because it's adventurous and just plain fun!

Pretty effing sweet move here, as long as the LSM's don't have any maintenance issues.

You know what the most fun part of the ride will be? When they drop the ropes at 10am to start the running of the bulls, and most of the guests will pass out by the time they realize this coaster is as far as possible from the front gate!! I always love watching people run for MF or TTD only to stop after a few steps and try to catch their breath.

So, now is the time to start training!!

Oh, the whole thing looks awesome and a lot of fun!

maverick.jpg.f46b04c0f84b3dd75428a9c354d52126.jpg

So now I know what they are building!! What a difference a week makes!

Well done, CP. Well done.....of course, if you can avoid the downtime to keep it open. I'll address the aquatrax talk briefly. To all the fanboys we jousted with over the final 200+ pages or so of the "official" thread, none of us really even cared what it would be.....you missed a serious amount of sarcasm, but we still love ya anyway.

As far as MAV goes (can I claim first official abbreviation? ), I actually love the design. I guess someone finally realized that biggest is not always baddest. I also think the barrel roll between the boulders is currently very underestimated by many folks out there, much like the front end seats of Griffon. I think the only thing wrong with that element is that it's not facing the public viewing area.....it would've been nice to photograph that coming head-on at you. Oh well, very minor complaint.

All in all, until the Intamin shake settles in, Maverick may have finally given me good enough reason to go back to the point next year.

The press release said 2 1/2 minute ride and the video was barely over 1 minute. The ride looks okay but nothing special to make me fly 1200 miles to ride. i forsee a lot of problems with this coaster like top thrill and kingda ka, seems to me launch coasters always break down. I guess we will see. Thank god for some theming.

Cool--looks like Rita or Speed Monster on steroids, alright. My one complaint about launched coasters is that they're usually "one-trick ponies," which was why Rita was my favorite of that particular type on the UK trip.

And the short trains are gonna be a nightmare for the lines, I feel like Intamin is shortening there trains just so the launch mechanisms will work better.

Interesting theory on the short trains. This ride may not be Dragster as far as an adrenaline rush but I fear the line for Maverick will be nearly as long the first year. Everyone will want to ride the new ride and all I can think about is the long wait and possible downtime. It's just going to be hard to get around a few really long waits at CP since you won't be able to run to Maverick, Dragster and MF all at the same time first thing in the morning.

I think this ride will be comparable to a Storm Runner experience (for fun and the slow line) yet be truly unique. I like all of the natural elements and the train colors which fit the Frontier Trail theme. I'm not sure why the track is red other than to draw attention.

Maverick looks awesome!!!

(it doesnt take much to get me excited over a new Intamin)

This is a quote off Cedar Points website...

Colour Scheme: Rust-colored track with brown support columns Train colors -- Gold, Copper, Brass, Iron, Gunmetal and Silver

Am i colour blind or is the track Red, not Rust Coloured?

As far as MAV goes (can I claim first official abbreviation? )

I called it "The Rick" To someone earlier this week so there!

I also trademarked "Usless pile of red looping, and shooting sh*t" for when it breaks down all the time.

i forsee a lot of problems with this coaster like top thrill and kingda ka, seems to me launch coasters always break down. I guess we will see.

Ka and TTD have completely different launch systems then Maverick and are a thousand more times complex then the launched used on this ride. It may be down from time to time but I wouldn't expect month long breakdowns which are typical with Ka and TTD thus far.

Wow, that second half of the ride seems pretty friggin' sweet. I'm really looking forward to this thing. I think it knocks out Mystery Mine for my most anticipated coaster.

It's really nice to see CP moiving away from the record-breakers and more towards a quality ride with theming. I really hope this becomes a trend in the future.