TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Why do people keep saying it's an Aquatrax?!? Seriously, have you ny brains at all? Cedar Point wouldn't build a stupid water coaster, this is gonna be good!! I'm thinking something like Rita only longer with more inversions. It CAN'T be an aquatrax because 1. The track is RED, not white or blue! 2. There's no WATER. I'd bet eleventy-thousand-billion dollars that it isn't an aquatrax. All you aquatrax people will be sorry when they announce it in a couple days. You'll look so silly because you said it was an aquatrax. How could you be so stupid with an issue so important to our country right now. If it's an aquatrax, the terrorists win!

-James Dillaman

You also have to remember that "Aqua Trax" does NOT equal "water coaster." It's just a name for a ride system.

For example, Mystery Mine is VERY different from any of the other Euro Fighter installations.

SheiKra is very different from the other "Dive Machines."

If it's not an "Aqua Trax" or something VERY similar to that ride system I will be very surprised. I can't see this being your typical Intamin rocket coaster using typical rocket coaster trains.

Perhaps a hybrid between the two? Maybe. But it that's the case that it uses the smaller cars even if one or two of them are linked together it's still more similar to an Aqua Trax ride system than a rocket.

--Robb "And I could care less if I'm right or wrong simply because I really don't care one way or the other!" Alvey

Sorry, Robb, I was simply replying to the "getting your stupid comments out now before the thread's closed" post. I fully understand the aquatrax system and I am with you in thinking it will be some way or another an aquatrax-like coaster at CP, and if you ask me, I'd be very pleased with that. CP could really use one of these, it'll fill a spot in their collection that was vacant before. It even, with only 107' as it were, is almost a "family" coaster. A couple of my friends don't like going to CP because of all thee tall rides (He's scared of heights), but if people can ride an Intamin that isn't 200+ feet tall, they can experience how the ride is, and maybe proceed onto bigger and badder things.

-James Dillaman

As true as this is, I must admit that Patriot was finished up quite nicely with minimal bugs weeks before Media Day.

^yes, but Patriot doesn't have a launch and all the problems that come with it...

You guys are forgetting the most important reason: Patriot is a B&M. Nuff said.

-Justin "Yay for B&M maitenance!" Seabaugh

^yes, but Patriot doesn't have a launch and all the problems that come with it...

You forget that it's at Worlds of Fun, which is known for opening rides late.

Timber Wolf and Boomerang usually don't open until 11:00 or so on days when the park starts up at 10:00.

CP_RULES - You have a point. The worst breakdown I've seen on Patriot was when someone got nervous and had a bloody nose. The ride was immobile for THREE WHOLE MINUTES.

Not that Intamin isn't the coolest...

Sorry if this has been posted already but, here are some more pictures of Atlantis Adventure from different angles for comparison purposes. In the picture right above the statistics you can see how the water is used on this ride by being squirted out of small nozzles, there is also a close up picture of the boat you ride in and IMO it really does look like whats under the tarps here. Once again I dont think these pics were posted before but I found them after searching on google and I apologize again if they have been posted before.

O yea and going back to the sarcasm and jokes, the 1st 100 riders get a free one of these!!!

OMG this thread needs to die, a very painful death, even if i am technicly a fanboy Thursday can NOT come soon enough, this thread NEEDS to be closed soon. I checked this morning (roughly 8:00) and it was at page 236, now its at page 243.

Also i would like to say that im sure i will be happy with this ride whatever the hell it is.

Can we have awards for Wes' 10 favorite post from the (hmmm 2 more days till it dies) 472 pages of post?

1st place = Lifetime Ban

2nd - 10th = Ban until CP OPENS their next coaster after Maverick

RBPIA "can we make it 1 day and x hours until it dies"

HAHAHA omg that is the funniest damn thing I have ever seen Wes. I was just kiding earlier, I dont even believe in religion

Huh? What are you talking about? Religion? This is a discussion of CP07, not faith. Where did religion get put into this?! Let's get back on TRAX here people!

What like running over Mike in a honda?

Lets fill trax with water to make silent running...Or put trax in water so they float woo! You can take trax from water but not water from trax..!

"And even when your hope is gone , move along move along and keep it strong!"

"MASH POTATAS! GA RAYVEY AND CRANBERY SAUCE WOOO-OOHOHH!!!Oh and aquatrax!"

HAHAHA omg that is the funniest damn thing I have ever seen Wes. I was just kiding earlier, I dont even believe in religion

Huh? What are you talking about? Religion? This is a discussion of CP07, not faith. Where did religion get put into this?! Let's get back on TRAX here people!

Amazing Trax,

How sweet the the mod, that killed a thread like this.

I once was on topic, but now I'm lost. I once could see,

but I went blind, somewhere around page 243.

RBPIA "We can all sing along in 1 day"

-I wonder if they will use Holy aqua for the trax?