TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Yeah, I dont think Screamscape would post a piece of faulty concept art. The coaster looks fun, but I dont like how they added in so many twists and turns instead of inversions. Inversions are just more fun than helixes. There could have easily been ten inversions on this coaster if they had decided to build it that way... but then again why would Cedar Point actually want to build a rollercoaster with a lot of inverions

This is looking like it will be a great ride for Cedar Point. First ever Intamin past 90* drop is what I think the record would be, but I could be wrong. I cant wait to hit this next year on the '07 trip.

-Tex

--NOTE-- Since flame #2 for me is now on the board, I completely reprofiled this post so as it doesnt make me look like a complete dumbass. Sorry for the dumbass-ness

Wasn't a picture just like Screamscape's posted earlier in this forum, then deleted?

Am I hallucinating?

Is that really what an Aquatrax looks like?

First post on page 221 contains the picture.

I meant like in the 100's somewhere. I swear I saw it.

personally, not impressed. combining a bunch of small elements from certain coasters and putting them all in one doesnt make it a great coaster (i.e. launch, but not a fast launch, steep drop, but not a big drop, inversions, but only three, an airtime hill, but hypers do it better, twists and turns... wohoo....) Sure, it'll be fun, but its too extreme for a family ride, and too simple for a really intense coaster. This is the first coaster they have annouced in a decade that I havent been excited about

If the leaked pictures are a true representation, it looks like the initial drop is a bit more than 107 feet.

Just compare the height of the airtime hill and corkscrews with the height of the 1st drop and the drop seems to be 4 times higher than both elements. Then look at actual pictures of the hill and corkscrew and in reality both look around 40-50 feet high.

Seriously, we need a new acronym: RTFT = READ THE FUDGING THREAD! I know this thread is really big, but at least try to read the last ten pages at least. There's also the search function.

I wonder how many "OMFGZ CP IZ BUILDING COASTER NEXT YEAR!!" threads we're gonna have to lock on Thursday?