TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

What suprises me the most with this ride is the speed they are building the damn thing.

If they keep this rate up, it will be finished before the end of the year, 4 months before the 2007 opening.

You're forgetting the months and months it will take to construct and complete all the proper theming of this ride. Cedar Point always makes theming a top priority and it shows. Many of CP's rides took longer planning the proper theming then it did to construct the ride.

Cedar Point is that park in Florida that you ride that Tram thing to, right?

LIM track.

Track section

How? If that is for Lims to be mounted then this ride had better be a people mover, and I still wouldn't trust that kind of attachment.

#1. the trust would shear the lim block off, unless it was for a glide section.

#2. the train would have to ride about 17" off the track to clear the lim block, which is possible for some new radical ride design.

#3. The track would be recessed to house the lim for a top or bottom application like suggested.

Think wicked twister, steel venom, etc. The tracks in the stations are recessed in the center to allow for the lim blocks. Also LIMS are mounted to very strong supports sections. Just because it's a magnetic field doesn't mean mass and force does not apply.

That track actually looks kind of like a lift section without guide brackets attached, or even possible transfer, station track, for sensors, pressure plate. Who knows.

If lims are used and not installed from the sides, then you need to look for track sections that are more square and open in the center for mounting.

So now the real question is how long after opening will it be before they have to add more supports to the ride? Hurray structural problems.???

Cheers!

Cedar Point always makes theming a top priority and it shows.

Always?? You know I dont see much in the ways of theming over by Raptor, or Mantis...or Magnum...Actually I think theming is a little less of a priority than you give credit for. I bet the main reason they're moving along so fast is to beat that Lake Erie winter, because the Great Lakes basically are an open window for all that winter wind from Canada to blow right over. I imagine it would be a nightmare to try and construct in the winter. Did they build in winter for TTD?

Well if they are moving so fast because they want to get theming done wouldnt we have seen a few rebar cages or something by now? Or more concrete walls like whats happening @ Dollywood?

I honestly dont think that themeing will play a very intense role in this rides construction. There hasnt really been any signs to prove otherwise, and they usually do theming at a slightly slower pace than construction. What I'm seeing here is no theming work, and just pure trackwork being done.

If I see some hardcore evidence that theming is being built around the ride construction area, I'll be bought over.

Cedar Point always makes theming a top priority and it shows.

Always?? You know I dont see much in the ways of theming over by Raptor, or Mantis...or Magnum...Actually I think theming is a little less of a priority than you give credit for. I bet the main reason they're moving along so fast is to beat that Lake Erie winter, because the Great Lakes basically are an open window for all that winter wind from Canada to blow right over. I imagine it would be a nightmare to try and construct in the winter. Did they build in winter for TTD?

Dude he was joking.. Theming and Cedar Point is just kind of a good joke, because honestly they really do try, but they also know they suck at it. BUT! At least they don't build parking lot coaster's.

And yes TTD was built during the winter, by park closing in 02 they only had a small section of the tower up, and yes they did actually start ground construction early on this one, thats why the new coaster is kind of interesting because they started so VERY early building this one, earlier then TTD.

Cheers!

what is this?

I'd say that it's station track. Notice how the track in the station almost ALWAYS has a floor between the two rails. As for the holes in it? They are probably for the sensors and maybe LIMs to transport it.

Andrew "I REALLY hope it isn't aquatrax!" C.

^ What you mean you don't know about the private paid cam?

It's not advertised on the website that clearly, but there's a premium service you can pay for. It features life streaming instead of the refresh every minute stuff. Plus there's multiple camera angles and the ability to pan the cameras.

Totally wory every penny. I'll PM you the sign up address.

Awesome stuff, Paul. Thanks a bunch. Did you just see the trains being offloaded into the makeshift station? I'm not gonna say too much, but those aquatrax cars sure look comfy, huh?

Oh, before I forget, I'll pm you the link to the double secret webcam featuring bonus footage of Dick Kinzle cleaning out his office and CF's private off-site manufacturing plant for prototype trash cans. It's amazing stuff!