TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I think if there was a way of controlling the speed of the ride through it (like having that section of the coaster powered or something), it wouldn't be too terribly hard to do. I think the support structure would be the biggest issue.

Just got back from the ACE Coaster Con in FL and found out some interesting news. My mom was talking to people at the big banquet and she doesn't know much about coasters. It's me that's the absolute fanatic.

well...... when i got back from looking at some auction items they had, my mom said that the guys at our table said that the '07 CP project is an Intamin Wingwalker. She was confused and I knew imediatley what that was. It's a 4-d, but the seats don't spin, they sit on the outside of the track.

With the intamin track on site and the "We're goin' in a whole new direction" quote meaning it's something completley unprecedented and unexpected, it gives this design, the Intamin Wingwalker, a likely canidate for the ride.

Is there such thing as like an upside down loop? Like, the train is on top of the track, then it goes down and upside down, then comes back up ?

Speed Monster, Tysenfrynd, first element. (Or however you spell the park's name.) Rode it a few days ago with the TPR UK Trip Add-on crew.

^Red is a good choice for the train in your drawing. It will disguise the blood from the riders' heads as they explode.

Suggested name: Aneurism: The Ride!

Anton (Schwartzkopf) wanted to do a figure-8 loop, but never did it for the same reason: The speeds required to complete the element would subject the riders to undesirable forces levels. The 'bent-Cuban-eight' was as close to it as he could get, and that was just recently realized in G-force at Drayton Manor.

MMM, yummy eggs! LoL

Looks like the length of the ride may be quite large from recent construction photos over at Pointbuzz. I can only hope it is something the park/guests need and not just another "red" coaster.

Ok, basically, I haven't viewed this topic in while as it just turned into random coaster guessing, which just got annoying after 30 pages. but now theres 80 pages!

So as theres an extra 50 pages to when I last viewed, does that mean theres some official news, or is it 50 pages full of guessing?

-Martyn

oh, 50 pages of guessing?? NO!!! Never!!!

It's more like 50 pages of the EXACT LAYOUT of the coaster!!

We know where everything is going to be and everything, we don't have to wait for CP to make an announcement!!

Okay, I'm done now.

EDIT: No, seriously, nobody has a clue. 50 pages of pure guessing. But they're having fun.

well...... when i got back from looking at some auction items they had, my mom said that the guys at our table said that the '07 CP project is an Intamin Wingwalker.

Yeah, but who were the guys at the table? If they were just a table full of coaster enthusiasts their comments were just speculation and mean as much as what the Lemon Chill guy says.