TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, coasterbill said:

I thought that this theory was dumb a few months ago. I was wrong. It lines up perfectly.

(I don't know the photo source. If you do, let me know and I'll update the post)

337037123_1605884366501751_8520176222322764150_n.jpg

So, uh... for us laymen coaster nerds who haven't really been following along with this much -- what am I supposed to be looking at here? What is this "spike"?

The speculation has been a reverse spike behind the station and a swing launch. The photo posted shows it at the very top (best angle to show how inline it is with the old launch). Here is a closer look at the pilings and cofferdam built in the disassembled Iron Dragon area. Very curious to see how this plays out.

FsQxpTKWIAAIsXw.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grsupercity said:

A couple drone videos online have some really good pics and videos. It is a very large footer. The clearance under iron dragon seems very tight when the track gets put back on. 

Could always go over the Iron Dragon track instead of under it. I feel like I've seen some fan speculation videos/renderings out there somewhere that showed some possibilities for that. 

On 3/28/2023 at 1:37 AM, Haymaker said:

Apparently someone on Twitter found Maverick's heartline roll rotting away "in the woods" (really a backlot of a construction contractor)

maverick-cedar-point-s-heartline-roll-recently-found-v0-3ag73k4v2r4a1.jpg

20230327_233848.jpg

20230327_233851.jpg

Someone finds this every couple years.

20 hours ago, michaellynn4 said:

What is this "spike"?

It's an element specifically designed to increase capacity and reliability...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2023 at 7:14 AM, prozach626 said:

Someone finds this every couple years.

It's an element specifically designed to increase capacity and reliability...

Does the spike really do that?  Or just sarcasm?  Can't tell :)  Seems more controls and track switching would complicate the operation.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally life is gonna allow me to get away Cedar Point for a couple of days.  It appears that some things have changed in the theme park world the last few years, ha ha....  Happy to be back at this, but yea, lol...

Targeting June 21-22 for our park days.  Arrive late evening on the 20th and driving back to Chicago after a park day on the 22.  Looking at Breakers.

Some stuff I'm seeing as different this go around:

- Early Entry is basically dead.  Just seems to be GateKeeper, some generic flats, and some kiddie rides.  Is Gatekeeper worth the trouble in this hour?   Hit it and then camp out in line for something to open at 10am?

- With just Gate Keeper open for Early Entry, it seems like it's simplest to take a walk along the lake and use the WindSeeker gate. Seems like the Running of the Morons to SV still takes place from the Magnum gate.

- It seems likely that we will see rides closing before 10pm.   Just see how things play out the couple of weeks beforehand and make a play based on those results?

- First time staying on property at CP.  I assume it's fairly simple to navigate back to Breakers for parking.   I assume we'll just park back there for the 2.5 days we're around the property.

- Can we leave the property early in the AM to find breakfast and then come back in a reasonable amount of time?   Does the Perkins have "normal" prices or is breakfast gonna cost $25+?

- With the staffing issues, is Fast Lane+ still a simple purchase or is this something we'll have to seek out an open vendor at 10am?

- After reading back through the thread, I'm a bit confused as to what to expect with the SV Lockers.   The process seems to be FL+ queue ---> Metal Detector ----> Locker Visit ----> Line into Station   Also, with this mess, I keep a Blood Glucose monitor on my person.   I can throw it in a locker if absolutely needed, but being separated from the transmitter for an extended period of time can be problematic.   Am I gonna have to fight with an attendant about keeping this is a zippered pocket for the ride?  I will gladly dump my phone and wallet.   But the device losing signal several times over the course of our 48 hours can possibly cause issues.

The FL+ wait for Steel Vengeance for us was about 25-30 minutes. Ask the ride attendants out front about the glucose monitor. The lockers are not as complicated of a process as people make it out to be. We had zero issues.

Fast Lane is unchanged. You're already going to be spending a lot of money going to the park. You may as well spend more and spring for it. It makes our Breakers days seem so much more relaxing when we know we don't have to constantly wait in line or try to jam as much in as possible.

FL+ at the park is great, but Maverick can get really backed up. If you see the FL+ line backed out to the exit, which is common, come back later. It gets a lot less busy closer to closing time. Same with other FL+ lines. Sometimes you will see them really long, but then you come back an hour later and they're non existent or drastically shorter.

We've always had luck with weekday crowds in June. Enjoy your trip.

Going without FL+ isn't a consideration here unless it's a day where we arrive and there are only 8 of us going into the park at 9am.

Appreciate the tip on Maverick.  We don't go beyond a general gameplan so stopping back there throughout the day works just fine.

Breakers is SUPER easy to get to. . . they will direct you past the booths, around the park, and thru the small booth at Breaker's main entrance into the lot back there and you won't need to move your car at all.

The Perkins has a wide variety of options, and is priced just as a "regular" Perkins. . . . (so is the TGI Fridays there by the way).    I wouldn't leave my spot to go eat and then deal with coming back in for opening, but just be aware that Perkins in the morning will have a line so plan accordingly.   Hell. . what I'd do?   get up, go ride Gatekeeper - and whatever else you want to ride - then walk back to Breakers for breakfast at Perkins . . . which will be WAY less busy once early entry hours start.

Rooms in Breakers DO have mini fridges. . . what I do is make a trip to the CVS in town and stock up on snacks in the room. . . helps with the plan above to eat a snack to hold you over until a proper breakfast :)

5 hours ago, bert425 said:

Breakers is SUPER easy to get to. . . they will direct you past the booths, around the park, and thru the small booth at Breaker's main entrance into the lot back there and you won't need to move your car at all.

The Perkins has a wide variety of options, and is priced just as a "regular" Perkins. . . . (so is the TGI Fridays there by the way).    I wouldn't leave my spot to go eat and then deal with coming back in for opening, but just be aware that Perkins in the morning will have a line so plan accordingly.   Hell. . what I'd do?   get up, go ride Gatekeeper - and whatever else you want to ride - then walk back to Breakers for breakfast at Perkins . . . which will be WAY less busy once early entry hours start.

Rooms in Breakers DO have mini fridges. . . what I do is make a trip to the CVS in town and stock up on snacks in the room. . . helps with the plan above to eat a snack to hold you over until a proper breakfast :)

Despite not having done this, your CVS idea is one of the selling points here.   

Basically being able to pop in/out of the room during the visit is a key point.  Just being able to take 30-40 minutes to head back to the room, use a clean bathroom, and have a cold beverage while enjoying some snacks  is much more enjoyable than your usual $15-20 theme park meal that probably takes just as long to get.  It is something that I didn't realize I needed till TPR pointed it out, lol.

• Like 1