TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

3 hours ago, Haymaker said:

My friend, it's 2023.   Trying to defending bigots is not a good look for anyone.

• Like 2

All the political stuff aside (which I agree, I am glad to see "Hate Chicken" go) its hard to believe they kept CFA around this long because of them being closed on Sundays. In recent years Sunday crowds have been just as bad as Saturday, so to be down a restaurant no matter the time of year or staffing level is just not good practice.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, coasterbill said:

For a park that needs restaurant capacity badly, I'm never against replacing a restaurant that can't be open on one of the busiest days of the week with one that can.

I mean, isn't this the same chain that put a location in an NFL Stadium!??!!

• Haha 2

Agree with everyone, good riddance on the removal of CFA. Frankly even if you took the politics out of it, I never quite got the love, it's just a chicken sandwich and Farmhouse is a one minute walk away and much much better, too bad about Wild Turnip, was a nice spot to get fresh fruit and I hope they replace it with something similar; but whatever, food is subjective and no point in a preference discussion.

I've been wondering how long Forbidden Frontier would hold on. I was kind of surprised it came back post pandemic when workers were scarce and the staff/patron ratio was super high. It was an interesting concept but somehow just never executed well. I tried to patronize it and like it, I really did, but it was always just......awkward. Hopefully, they leave Snake River alone which is enough creative outlet for the staff that can get into the character sort of attraction and find a better use for the resources that were going into FF.

I suppose there will now be a secondary (to TTD) line of speculation about what will go into that area. Log flume? Move all the animal encounters there? Both? Will they keep the area open to walk through since there is a playground back there? It was a nice place to take a break with little kids. Also, had some of the least used and cleanest bathrooms in the park.

Let's get off this CFA discussion please.

All 3 of their webcams are off line now, and showing views from last night. Not sure if this means anything or they're just doing maintenance. The camera looking at Dragster recently has shown trucks near the down side of the top hat. Could be just a coincidence...

54 minutes ago, teacherkim said:

I suppose there will now be a secondary (to TTD) line of speculation about what will go into that area. Log flume? Move all the animal encounters there? Both? Will they keep the area open to walk through since there is a playground back there? It was a nice place to take a break with little kids. Also, had some of the least used and cleanest bathrooms in the park.

Maybe the Dragster renovations are why Forbidden Frontier had to close...thinking expansion of the layout.  LOL.

In all seriousness, if it means I don't have to walk longer to get to Blood on the Bayou than it took to walk through it, no complaints from me.

21 hours ago, AmyUD06 said:

My friend, it's 2023.   Trying to defending bigots is not a good look for anyone.

On 2/27/2023 at 3:10 PM, bert425 said:

^ your outdated source is incorrect.

Chick-Fil-A - thru it's owner, Dan Cathy, continues to donate millions to anti-LGBTQ groups.

so yeah. . .screw their Jesus Chicken.

and as Detox sings,
image.png.c3f0af45ebdc151f2a488093a686f381.png

If youre going to make that statement, back it up with facts. I provided mine. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My last public comment in response to the above: I will not be apologizing for anything, as posting a link to a highly credible news site (USAToday) and asking for someone to back up their assertion is not something that I need to be sorry for. 

That is all.... 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SharkTums said:

Also, this is the most excitement CP will be getting this season! =)

Hey now, the new restaurant on the beach could be really good?  And they might announce something about Dragster during the season, you never know haha.

I’ve missed this forum! Have to say, I’m definitely looking forward to the new beachfront era and to ride the spinner by the lake. Now, let’s just have TTD become The Cat, giving it a Calico paint job and adding a few dueling-coaster style swoops and loops over the top of the wild mouse a few times, calling it now lol.

Edited by firewalk13
Edited for poor grammar
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, firewalk13 said:

I’ve missed this forum! Have to say, I’m definitely looking forward to the new beachfront era and to ride the spinner by the lake. Now, let’s just have TTD become The Cat, giving it a Calico paint job and adding a few dueling-coaster style swoops and loops over the top of the wild mouse a few times, calling it now lol.

Might be time to take another break.

Am I the only one that would love to see Cedar Point get a really solid GCI/GG wooden coaster in the next couple of years instead of something steel?  Mystic Timbers, Leviathan, etc. but maybe a bit longer and taller since it's Cedar Point?  If they could integrate it into the boardwalk area, even better. 

• Like 1

^ I “heard” that the Museum is no longer in the park’s plans.  Whether or not that’s true I am not quite certain, but it wouldn’t surprise me since it has just been sitting dormant the past 2 years.  If it is true, that’s a real shame as Cedar Point has such a great history to share and the newly renovated museum they showed off for the 150th looked pretty awesome. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BitterOldHag said:

^ I “heard” that the Museum is no longer in the park’s plans.  Whether or not that’s true I am not quite certain, but it wouldn’t surprise me since it has just been sitting dormant the past 2 years.  If it is true, that’s a real shame as Cedar Point has such a great history to share and the newly renovated museum they showed off for the 150th looked pretty awesome. 

Every time we went in there, we were the only people there.

^ That main museum Bert and I went though back in 2017, was amazing! So much to see and learn more about the park's past.

But yes, it had hardly any people in it, that I remember. But it was a great place to just chill out, and learn new/old stuff about CP.

Sorry to read that their planned Western Museum "might not be in the plans", any more.

IMG_4027.JPG.6c6099d45154f13d5f1b695daad44329.JPG

Past merry-go-round/carousel horses on display at the museum. Taken June 05, 2017.

• Like 1

Sad to hear this news. The spot was always a nice getaway from the heat and a chance to learn about the park's history. Really hope the plan is not dead. I don't know what else they would do with that building since it already has attached food stands on the far side. 

Agreed John. Only things I can think of off the top of my head are an indoor seating area for the quick-serve joints attached, or for those that order from the Farmhouse across the way, or they could throw a handful of old arcade machines in there too if they wanted to make a few bucks off the space.  There really isn't much else they can do with it unless they tore the whole thing down and started from scratch.  Oh, I guess they could turn it into a haunt too.  But that's all I can come up with.  Guess that's why I don't work in the amusement industry! 🤪