TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

So, I just wrapped up my trip to Cedar Point (full report coming in the future), but there was one thing I had to share:

DSC03417.thumb.JPG.3d24483ee94b0735a00b22445fc72232.JPG

(God damnnit I thought the picture came out better).

Anyway, that is all Dragster related merchandise at 50% off.  Definitely looking at least at a new name.

8 hours ago, AmyUD06 said:

So, I just wrapped up my trip to Cedar Point (full report coming in the future), but there was one thing I had to share:

DSC03417.thumb.JPG.3d24483ee94b0735a00b22445fc72232.JPG

(God damnnit I thought the picture came out better).

Anyway, that is all Dragster related merchandise at 50% off.  Definitely looking at least at a new name.

Should have grabbed all of them. Might be good resale in a year or two. People are already trying it on eBay.

Quick question: Is there any discernible difference in crowds on different days of the week (excluding Saturday and Sunday), or is it more or less equally crowded any summer weekday (mid-July, specifically)? Starting to plan for next summer already. Thanks!

1 hour ago, scooterdoug said:

Quick question: Is there any discernible difference in crowds on different days of the week (excluding Saturday and Sunday), or is it more or less equally crowded any summer weekday? Starting to plan for next summer already. Thanks!

Entire park was pretty much a walk on the 2 weeks (excluding weekends) before Halloween if you can swing that.  Earlier in the year is usually less crowded too but they don't always have their shit together first few weeks.

6 hours ago, scooterdoug said:

Quick question: Is there any discernible difference in crowds on different days of the week (excluding Saturday and Sunday), or is it more or less equally crowded any summer weekday? Starting to plan for next summer already. Thanks!

Edit: I'm an idiot who can't read.

Wednesdays should be the slowest, then gravitating out from there towards the weekends.

I'm a bit out of the loop, but did they announce when the announcement will be?  Maybe they moved the webcam back because there's no secrets soon.

Personally I'm still hoping for a new tire-drive octuple launch.

Looks like construction work day starts at 7:30... I just clicked the web cam link for Top Thrill posted above. Good timing, because I saw about 20 trucks drive in toward Breakers all at once. A few of them drove toward Top Thrill and parked near the restrooms. I would imagine the others went toward the new construction site. It was pretty cool to see.

6 hours ago, prozach626 said:

A new boat joke.

For the love of God, just, no. 🤬 The children of today should never be subjected to this "joke". Carry on.

So how about those howl-o-weekends? We didn't get to go this year (first year missed since 2012 or so). I feel like it's been on a pretty steady decline (either that or because I've done so many local haunts everywhere that it just doesn't do it for me anymore, or because it just doesn't change much from year to year house-wise), how were the new house (s?) this year?

18 minutes ago, anonymouscactus said:

For the love of God, just, no. 🤬 The children of today should never be subjected to this "joke". Carry on.

So how about those howl-o-weekends? We didn't get to go this year (first year missed since 2012 or so). I feel like it's been on a pretty steady decline (either that or because I've done so many local haunts everywhere that it just doesn't do it for me anymore, or because it just doesn't change much from year to year house-wise), how were the new house (s?) this year?

Mediocre at best.  Bloodbath was entertaining enough, kind of a rehash of the old Club Blood theme with a little hotel mixed in at the end (which didn't quite make sense - wouldn't you start in the hotel?).  In Eerie Estate, I didn't notice anything new aside from the introduction room with the Ouija board.  Hexed was probably still the best one from an artistry standpoint.  Slaugherhouse and Cornstalkers were their normal tired selves.  Blood on the Bayou took longer to walk to it than it did to go through it.  Cut Throat Cove was pretty decent.  All were severely lacking in actors.  Kings Dominion had the best CF Haunt this year out of the four I went to, followed quite distantly by Kings Island, CP, and then Dorney.  That includes shows in the calculations, too.

I swear I'll get my TRs up from KI and CP's Haunts one of these days soon.

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2022 at 6:54 PM, anonymouscactus said:

I was honestly very impressed, especially compared to last year's HalloWeekends. They had a great Opening Scary-monies show and the Midnight Syndicate show was great too. It was really fun to have a mascot for this year in Mr. Midnight. I felt that all the houses were better staffed than last year and the actors seemed very motivated and into their roles.

It looks like Wild Mouse foundation frame is down, and maybe even some track has been attached. I pulled up the webcam, saw it, came here to see if anyone had mentioned anything about it, went back and the cameras had all moved. So, no pic. 

I would not be surprised if the steel went up fast for this guy and had a full - circuit by January. Then, maybe electrical work gets completed in the early spring? Or, do you think they will just get everything done ASAP? Either way, it's always cool to see these rides get built... especially as we wait to hear about TTD 2.0.

Random question-- Ocean Motion? It's in a totally random spot by the front. It looks nice with the water and rock work. However, I never ride it because it's an after thought and out of the way. It would have been nice for CP to relocate it to the new boardwalk section. How many riders does it actually get in its current location?

12 minutes ago, MartinU said:

Random question-- Ocean Motion? It's in a totally random spot by the front. It looks nice with the water and rock work. However, I never ride it because it's an after thought and out of the way. It would have been nice for CP to relocate it to the new boardwalk section. How many riders does it actually get in its current location?

It can get quite a line at the start of the day, being the first or second ride most people see.  For the non-coaster-enthusiast crowd, it's kind of a draw.  It always seems to have somewhat of a line whenever I pass by it.