TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

FL+ is almost always a safe bet. I'd rather roll the dice and buy it before my trip, rather than it have even the slightest potential of selling out. I actually prefer it on days where waits are 15-20 minutes in the standby lines, because FL+ turns almost every ride into a walk-on.

If this is a once in a lifetime trip, I would absolutely spring for it.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice everybody.

One other quick question.  If I'm buying FL+ online in advance, and staying at the Express Hotel, can we get our wristbands there? (at the hotel?) or do we still need to get them inside the park?

15 minutes ago, tndank said:

Employees were literally giving away Wild Frontier tickets in the park tonight. Sales must be stellar!

are they giving them to CoasterMania attendees?  

Hearing a LOT of really poor reviews of this year's CM.

(so maybe they are trying to soothe over bad responses?)

No, I really don't think that was the case. Seems at least a couple emmployees were in the park with a stack handing them out to anyone. Breakers had stacks as well. Good any night of the event 

Ive also heard Costermania was an absolute shit show.

^ CM was the worst ever! The morning ERT really didn't happen. 90 minute wait for Maverick - really... We did get a lot on Blue Streak which I love. This was my final year to attend. I'm not paying for virtually no morning ride times, and a BS question and answer session. I'm done with this...

• Sad 1

On 6/4/2022 at 8:42 AM, coasternut said:

^ CM was the worst ever! The morning ERT really didn't happen. 90 minute wait for Maverick - really... We did get a lot on Blue Streak which I love. This was my final year to attend. I'm not paying for virtually no morning ride times, and a BS question and answer session. I'm done with this...

Can you elaborate on the BS Q&A?

^ As I had expected no answered questions including: Tony, head chef, general manager, ride operations. They were answering what is their favorite food at the park. What ride would you move to CP from anywhere in the world. Nothing of any substance. You couldn't ask live questions only text so he could screen them.

No answers on Dragster, and Wicked Twister. I did expect this, but who cares about this stuff that they talked about. Also Tony's annual "drone on" about wanting a log flume.

Just a waste of 1 hour, which was precious since the morning ERT's were almost non existent. As I said before this was my last Coastermania. The coldest slap in the face was their changing our normal evening ERT's (which were better) because they had a $99 paid extra event in Frontier town. They could wait 1 day to start this on a Saturday??? All thing considered, it was a major shit show...

Of course the PR director was going to give "PR director" answers during a Q&A session with a bunch of coaster enthusiasts. Did anyone really think he would talk about unannounced major projects or talk about the future of a ride that's going to be the source of tons of lawsuits that almost killed someone that they themselves might not even know the future of?

Come on. Of course nothing of substance was going to be discussed, that was not the point.

• Like 3

A friend once twisted my arm "come on, you gotta get back to Coastermania!  It will be better this time I swear!"  That was 2000, and I haven't been back.  I think Holiday World is getting it right (they always do) by limiting their event.  Maybe they could split up Coastermania between 2 different weekends, and hike up the price.  Gotta pay to maintain the quality!

What's the lowdown on Dragster?

It was a very disappointing Coastermania this year.   Maverick was listed as a 90 minute wait but it was only 40 minutes since there was no fast lane to slow it down.  The Maverick crew was very fast.  We decided to do a 2nd ride on Maverick after looking at the SV line.  It was just 20 minutes for that one.  SV was still not open at that point so we decided to ride Mine train and Gemini.  Gemini had no trims for our ride and was the fastest I ever remember it going.  We were in the front row and were actually getting good air time.  We were whipped into the helix at the end.  

We were pissed about the Millennium Force ERT as it was almost 30 minutes late starting because some idiot had their cell phone out on the lift hill so the E Stopped the train.  It took a bit to reset and then they had to clear out the queue of the daily riders.   We were able to get 4 rides in and then someone vomited on the yellow train.  Then it got stuck on the lift hill.   We knew at that point it was going to be a bit before it ever was working again so we ran over to Valravn to get a ride before ERT closed.   Coastermania 2018 we were able to get 12 rides in for ERT and that only took about an hour.  The lines were less than half the length that year and got down to just a few trains worth of people by the end with us going right from the exit gate to the loading platform.  They must have sold at least 2,000 ticket this year versus the 1,200 tickets in 2018.  Our tickets were 1276 and 1277 for the Cruise and there were quite a few people in line behind us.

Steal Vengeance was late starting because it took all night for repairs on the ride.  Someone in line for Maverick was staying at Lighthouse Point and said they were working on it all night.   In the Q&A they let us know that they are hiring 8 carpenters for that ride so they can get it opened earlier.   

Can somone tell me if there is a different ticket/FastLane price at the gate?  I really, really would hate to buy  Fast Lane ahead of time only to get there and find out it really isn't needed on given day.  Also...are these tickets dated as they have been with covid? I mean, if I buy these online and input June 24th, for example...am I obligated to go on that day or can I go the next in case of inclement weather, etc?

ALSO....in 2019, I wasn't able to ride anything (hadn't been there since 2002 previously) because the restraints wouldn't fit me... (yea..walk of freaking SHAME is hell).  I lost 80lbs then covid.  In 2021, we went to Busch Gardens (Tamps) where i had no issues at all....what a great feeling that was.  Now, my kids want to go back to Cedar Point and, I am not going to lie....I am terrified.  I still weigh the same as I did when we went to Busch Gardens, but I am wondering if Busch Gardens is a more forgiving restraint system?  I know Gemini, Blue Streak, Mine Ride significantly changed their system since 2002 (used to be on long seat for two people with one large lap belt and one big lap bar) and it seems like the change took away some basic leg room.   Any thoughts?  I am an 18 at Old Navy/straight women's sizes, 16 at Torrid/LB and about 5'5".  Thanks for any help!

My brother-in-law had trouble getting on Millennium Force, because he wasn't prepared. He had to put some effort in on Steel Vengeance, too. He's never had any trouble fitting on anything at Six Flags Saint Louis, Six Flags Great America, and Kings Island. I'm a male, so I don't know anything about female clothing sizes in order to help you there.

This may help:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carrie said:

ALSO....in 2019, I wasn't able to ride anything (hadn't been there since 2002 previously) because the restraints wouldn't fit me... (yea..walk of freaking SHAME is hell).  I lost 80lbs then covid.  In 2021, we went to Busch Gardens (Tamps) where i had no issues at all....what a great feeling that was.  Now, my kids want to go back to Cedar Point and, I am not going to lie....I am terrified.  I still weigh the same as I did when we went to Busch Gardens, but I am wondering if Busch Gardens is a more forgiving restraint system?  I know Gemini, Blue Streak, Mine Ride significantly changed their system since 2002 (used to be on long seat for two people with one large lap belt and one big lap bar) and it seems like the change took away some basic leg room.   Any thoughts?  I am an 18 at Old Navy/straight women's sizes, 16 at Torrid/LB and about 5'5".  Thanks for any help!

My wife is around that size, the only rides she had an issue with were Raptor (wide hips didnt fit the seat, same issue for her on other B&M inverts) and Millennium Force (short seat belt). SV wasnt the most comfortable but she fit. 

So right now a week out it’s showing 40% chance of thunderstorms the day we are supposed to go. Do all rides shut down during either thunderstorms or the threat of thunderstorms? 

I want to get FL+ but have held off. I guess there’s no refund if I buy it in advance and there’s bad weather correct...? 

It’s Ohio in June. There’s always a 40% chance of thunderstorms. But seriously, it’s Ohio in June - they can’t predict anything a week out so I wouldn’t be concerned just yet. But also hope for no rain. It’s Cedar Point and they have the industry’s worst rain policy. 

They will shut down all the rides if there is lightning in the area.   Certain rides such as Gemini and Magnum will shutdown with light rain.  It took forever for these Gemini to even test last week after a light rain.  Some of the other rides like Millennium will still run in the rain.  40% chance of rain isn't a washout and sometimes these are the best days to go as it usually keeps the crowds away. 

On 6/9/2022 at 2:21 PM, coasterbill said:

All rides run during thunderstorms, you just have to sign a waiver and they recommend wearing rubber boots.

lol.... as a ride op I always loved the parents who said they would "sign a waiver" when their kids were way too short. I swear someone would say that at least once a week. Ok sir, sounds great! Let me get a pen for you...

• Haha 2