TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

12 hours ago, prozach626 said:

I think we're booking two nights at Breakers. Wednesday, June 29th, and Thursday, June 30th. We'll be at the park those days. Is that suicide, being so close to Independence Day? It's the following Monday. I'm hoping we won't have hour long FL+ lines.

The total is around $850. Then, another $600'ish added on for FL+, which we'll order now. Everything is crazy right now, but prices everywhere are going up by-the-day. We booked our Cancun resort a month ago and it was $600 a night. It's up to $700 a night now. Trying to get everything reserved for the summer, before things double.

We thought about hopping a plane and going somewhere, but since our new car will be here in a month or so, after it gets finished anchoring off of the coast, we'll pay the $7/gallon it takes to drive to CP. (approximately $500 round trip)

I think you'll be fine with those days as the big crowds probably won't roll in until Friday July 1st.  It's too bad that the Frontier Festival will be over by then (ends June 19).  We went to CP last year during the festival and absolutely loved it.  We got a couple of the tasting cards and had almost no lines for food, and most of the food options were really good.

9 hours ago, jynx242 said:

^Don't know if you've posted elsewhere, but what kind of car did you get??  

2022 Subaru Forester, replacing my wife's 2016 Subaru Crosstrek. The amount we locked in on our trade was ridiculous, and allowed us to close the gap to have the new one paid in full. If you're willing to wait, and you have a trade, now may be the time to buy new.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/17/2022 at 9:06 PM, prozach626 said:

I think we're booking two nights at Breakers. Wednesday, June 29th, and Thursday, June 30th. We'll be at the park those days. Is that suicide, being so close to Independence Day? It's the following Monday. I'm hoping we won't have hour long FL+ lines.

The total is around $850. Then, another $600'ish added on for FL+, which we'll order now. Everything is crazy right now, but prices everywhere are going up by-the-day. We booked our Cancun resort a month ago and it was $600 a night. It's up to $700 a night now. Trying to get everything reserved for the summer, before things double.

We thought about hopping a plane and going somewhere, but since our new car will be here in a month or so, after it gets finished anchoring off of the coast, we'll pay the $7/gallon it takes to drive to CP. (approximately $500 round trip)

I too think you will beat the 4th of July crowds, most of those people are liable to come in on Friday and stay into the next week when the holiday occurs. Also, CoasterCon will be there the week before you 6/19 - 6/22, so that is 600+ thoosies that won't be back the next week. Should help put a little dent in the crowds

• Like 2

On 3/1/2022 at 1:33 PM, Mike240SX said:

I'm more upset by Cedar Downs not being on the list.  Edit:  Upset was perhaps the wrong word; "slightly bothered" would be more accurate.

I have never seen more than a one cycle wait for Cedar Downs even on the most crowded days. You shouldn't have any issues with riding it to your heart's content.

• Like 2

I feel like dragster is as likely to be removed as the F-150 is to stop production. Dragster is going to open just how it operated before, no new launch system. The safety upgrades will be barely noticeable on the track components and trains. They don't have to do much to make the public come back, and they already passed their government inspections with contingencies to fix the issues.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, pianojohn said:

I have never seen more than a one cycle wait for Cedar Downs even on the most crowded days. You shouldn't have any issues with riding it to your heart's content.

True...I just like to bang it out early while making my way down the midway.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No activity on this thread in a while. Well, let's add some excitement! For a low low price of $100 you can stay in Frontier Town for 3 hours after-hours. If Disney can do it, why not Cedar Point?  You get to choose from 5 rides, and for extra $ can purchase food and specialty drinks. A little bit of entertainment and a bull riding simulator. ADULTS ONLY!

Not for me (I'm too cheap, and FL is "good enough"), and probably not for a lot of the target demographic of Cedar Point, but I guess good on them for trying. I think what hurts the most is that supposedly the night of CoasterMania they are doing this as well, so everyone is up in arms on how they "could" have been getting ERT during this time but instead they are sharing the park with "outsiders". 🙄 -- I couldn't care less but those are some of the comments out there. After looking at the itinerary of CoasterMania this year I can see why some people might be mad lol.

If more stuff was included I could see more people paying for it, but.. that's just me. Disney proved me wrong so maybe there will be loads of people for this too and I'm just wrong in my thinking.

Then again, if I think nobody is going to be there, then that's 3 straight hours of Maverick and Steel Vengeance with no wait. Is that worth it?

https://www.cedarpoint.com/events/wild-frontier-nights

The "adults only" part is certainly appealing to me.  Not "$100 for 3 hours" appealing, but still.  If that included open bar for all of those fancy cocktails?  Sign me up.

I also wonder how much Maverick and Steel Vengeance will break down during these things; they're not exactly known as the most reliable rides out there.

Is it opening weekend?!?!  Any thoughts on crowds?  I haven't been to CP  in awhile.. way back when, they'd open for the season, be open 7 days a week from the start, and you went before Memorial Day or suffer lines  LOL  I think last year it was a mad-house at this time (from what I've read).  Was that because of Covid shutting things down the previous year or is it always jammed from day 1 to end-day? 

27 minutes ago, Doppel Looping said:

So basically no change?

Guess you haven't been to the park in a while?  The area in front of WT's rear spike (where the old theater had been) had been nicely landscaped with a bunch of grass, benches and Adirondack chairs prior to its demolition.