TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Cedar Point's daily Fast Lane/Plus is now purchase-able for the spring and summer.

Prices range from...
Fast Lane: $89 - $169
Fast Lane Plus: $114 - $249.

FL+ for FL price for Platinum Pass holders still applies.

Still no FL/+ application at Cedar Point Shores.

No surprises here.

The Magnum XL-200 Gate and WindSeeker Gate are reserved for Hotel Breakers and Lighthouse Point guests only from 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.

Looks like if you are not staying onsite, you will have to use the main gate. :shrugs: I'll just be heading to MF with that lineup anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boldikus said:

Thoosies are already having absolute meltdowns over the exclusion of Maverick and Vengeance and I'm totally here for it.

Meh, as a never-Breakers Platinum Pass holder and someone who likes to grab their FL wristband at the very start of the day, I don't mind.  I never used my Early Entry time on them anyway.  I typically use it on Millie since it has the 2nd worst FL implementation at the park.  With Iron Dragon being added, I might have to make that my first stop since it's not on FL at all.

I'm more upset by Cedar Downs not being on the list.  Edit:  Upset was perhaps the wrong word; "slightly bothered" would be more accurate.

My biggest disappointment with Maverick and Steel Vengeance being pulled off early entry is that more people will probably head to Millennium Force.  That has always been my go-to ride during early entry because the line for the front is easily the shortest.

• Like 2

I hope Millennium's lift issues are taken care of for 2022 or else you really are stuck with the front of the park or Magnum. 

I'm still trying to understand why the new restaurant is going in Frontierland, where there's already a seasonal food event, pizza, sweets, vegetarian food stall, bbq, cfa, and more. Would have loved to see a new dark ride in that space, but perhaps they're going to do away with more 3rd party restaurants soon.

I'm sure the park is just tired of dealing with the running of the Steel Vengeance bulls first thing EVERY morning; thoosies be damned. They'll get over it and it still gives Breakers guests quite a head start to get in line and get a lap or two in before the gp pack makes it back there. Although I'm sure there will be at least one FB entry from someone stating they've cancelled their reservation over it if the hubbub about TTD is any indication 🙄

22 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

I typically use it on Millie since it has the 2nd worst FL implementation at the park.

What’s the worst in your opinion?

MF’s FL line really bugs me. I don’t understand why the park doesn’t simply stop filling the entire ramp to the station, which seems like a simple way to provide a better value for FL guests.

2 hours ago, TopThrill182 said:

What’s the worst in your opinion?

MF’s FL line really bugs me. I don’t understand why the park doesn’t simply stop filling the entire ramp to the station, which seems like a simple way to provide a better value for FL guests.

I consider Steel Vengeance worse since they no longer separate FL/non-FL people after the lockers.  Instead of one pathway of people after the merge, like at MF, there's two.

If I'm already spending the money, and driving seven hours (or anything more than 50 minutes to SFSTL) I'll be damned if I'm not getting a skip-the-line pass. Although, you may be hard pressed to afford it with gas $4.00. Right up there with the FL+ and lodging increases. Try not to eat, or you'll be spending more there, too. Things are going swimmingly.

But, Cedar Point raised their gate prices $10, so the world is ending and f*** all that other stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, TheFurious325 said:

I'm considering getting FL+ for one day of my visit on a sunday in later June, though I don't know if its worth it. I'm considering it though, as I'm making a 7 hour drive and my plat pass gets Fl+ for the price of regular.

Considering the fact that you can't buy in advance anyway if you want that Platinum Pass deal there's nothing to think about here. Budget for it and buy it if it's busy (which it probably will be).

I'd actually suggest buying in advance a few days out if the weather looks good if that were an option, but I don't think there's any way to get that discount unless you buy it at the park. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I have seen some people (a few times, actually) buy the --regular-- FAST LANE online and then at the park when they are at the booth flash their platinum pass because they didn't understand how the upgrade worked and a supervisor allowed them to do it. This is not standard SOP and I personally wouldn't try it and don't argue with the staff when it doesn't work.

In regular circumstances though, they would just make your pay the difference at full price if you bought the regular online.

Long story short, I don't know your best option because I don't know how early you can get to the park. Also, I have ASFL so I can show up at any time and not worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we're booking two nights at Breakers. Wednesday, June 29th, and Thursday, June 30th. We'll be at the park those days. Is that suicide, being so close to Independence Day? It's the following Monday. I'm hoping we won't have hour long FL+ lines.

The total is around $850. Then, another $600'ish added on for FL+, which we'll order now. Everything is crazy right now, but prices everywhere are going up by-the-day. We booked our Cancun resort a month ago and it was $600 a night. It's up to $700 a night now. Trying to get everything reserved for the summer, before things double.

We thought about hopping a plane and going somewhere, but since our new car will be here in a month or so, after it gets finished anchoring off of the coast, we'll pay the $7/gallon it takes to drive to CP. (approximately $500 round trip)