TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Yes, please, keep the crowds distracted from Famous Dave's and Melt! Unless either of those two have a steep decline in quality I am happy to keep exclusively eating at Famous Dave's, Melt, and the Thirsty Pony (aka the Holy Trinity) when in Sandusky 😇

But seriously though there's already a BBQ place, pizza, Forbidden Jesus Chicken, and lots of sweets back there plus the Frontier Food Fest, so with a new restaurant that will be a lot of food back towards that end of the park. We all would love a flume or an indoor attraction, I was hoping that was going to be the decision for that space.

2 hours ago, PKI Jizzman said:

Yes, please, keep the crowds distracted from Famous Dave's and Melt! Unless either of those two have a steep decline in quality I am happy to keep exclusively eating at Famous Dave's, Melt, and the Thirsty Pony (aka the Holy Trinity) when in Sandusky 😇

But seriously though there's already a BBQ place, pizza, Forbidden Jesus Chicken, and lots of sweets back there plus the Frontier Food Fest, so with a new restaurant that will be a lot of food back towards that end of the park. We all would love a flume or an indoor attraction, I was hoping that was going to be the decision for that space.

Panda Express isnt too far away either.

Hi all. Calling from England. My first big USA mega trip was canned this October thanks to covid so I'm going to try and cut and paste it into next year instead. The original trip had me arriving at CP over the labor Day weekend but this time round I have more flexibility on the dates.

I want to avoid the peak times when we finally get to visit next year. My preference would be to arrive in June but we will use fast pass either way. I see there is a June holiday, Juneteenth? Haven't heard of this one but I assume it's a date to avoid? Any advice much appreciated.

51 minutes ago, Alex Sutcliff said:

Hi all. Calling from England. My first big USA mega trip was canned this October thanks to covid so I'm going to try and cut and paste it into next year instead. The original trip had me arriving at CP over the labor Day weekend but this time round I have more flexibility on the dates.

I want to avoid the peak times when we finally get to visit next year. My preference would be to arrive in June but we will use fast pass either way. I see there is a June holiday, Juneteenth? Haven't heard of this one but I assume it's a date to avoid? Any advice much appreciated.

Juneteenth should not noticeably increase crowds.

8 hours ago, Garet said:

Do they still have to be in the USA? Most of the one's I've ridden lately in Asia, even the ones without lap bars, man just the station. Pretty much all the places people would have been are just replaced with CCTV cameras and loud speakers reminding people to not stand up or even just a single sign at the top of the drops.

Dorney changed their rapids ride to be like that a few years ago. Instead of people sitting on raised chairs throughout the ride there is one person near the lift in a building watching all the screens and a recording every minute or so repeating safety warnings throughout the ride.

^Nice! If there's one thing to be lax about, it's rapids rides.

8 hours ago, Haymaker said:

Panda Express isnt too far away either.

Nothing is as good as a hot day of walking, like MSG and sodium.

I hope the new place offers something decent and has a patio. Booze is a given, in my request.

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2021 at 7:54 PM, prozach626 said:

Yeah. It was a great spot, aside from that fucking hillbilly fortune telling machine talking shit all night.

That fortune telling machine is insane and does. not. stop. I worked there this summer and I would be in the park on off days. It was always so peaceful feeding the carp until that fortune machine went off! So loud too.

On 11/12/2021 at 12:36 PM, PKI Jizzman said:

Yes, please, keep the crowds distracted from Famous Dave's and Melt! Unless either of those two have a steep decline in quality I am happy to keep exclusively eating at Famous Dave's, Melt, and the Thirsty Pony (aka the Holy Trinity) when in Sandusky 😇.

I would consider the Holy Trinity to be Famous Dave's, Backbeat and Mac Shack. Thirsty Pony a close 4th :)

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Dan the Coaster Man said:

That fortune telling machine is insane and does. not. stop. I worked there this summer and I would be in the park on off days. It was always so peaceful feeding the carp until that fortune machine went off! So loud too.

I would consider the Holy Trinity to be Famous Dave's, Backbeat and Mac Shack. Thirsty Pony a close 4th :)

Yeah Pony did raise the prices some but that's kinda the norm lately with meat prices higher.

7 hours ago, Haymaker said:

Backbeat was good, but 4 slices of brisket for $16? 

Same thing across all CF parks, I think.  Kings Dominion's Mac Bowl was charging $15 for one scoop of mac & cheese this year when in 2019 it was $12 for two (if not three) scoops.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 10:00 AM, grsupercity said:

Anyone think the Ferris wheel might be moved to Frontier Town? That would open up more space on the Wicked Twister midway 

I think part of the appeal is being next to the beach. It wouldn't offer nearly the same experience in Frontier Town.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, prozach626 said:

I think part of the appeal is being next to the beach. It wouldn't offer nearly the same experience in Frontier Town.

True, but it wasn't always there....it used to be on the other side of the peninsula where Millennium's queue line is now.  On that side all you had was views of the Marina and Famous Dave's....maybe the move was a downgrade haha.

EDIT:  Nevermind, it wasn't Famous Dave's back then.

• 4 weeks later...