TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

This shouldn’t be a concern. The ride breaks down every few hours. The fact that the queue opened today means the ride is back to being as “open” as Dragster can get, which means open sometimes with like 5 breakdowns per day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, coasterbill said:

If they don't do Haunt the shareholders should revolt but Dorney closed on the 4th of July holiday so who knows.

1 hour ago, Mike240SX said:

WoF has October hours posted for Friday/Saturdays/Sundays, with midnight closes on Fridays and Saturdays.

Dorney has October hours posted for Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays, with 11 PM closes on Fridays and Saturdays.

So, I'd say the chances are pretty good.

I'm going to take them at their word and say they're planning to be open for those parks. I don't know how they're gonna staff this, but that's not my problem.

16 minutes ago, DirkFunk said:

I'm going to take them at their word and say they're planning to be open for those parks. I don't know how they're gonna staff this, but that's not my problem.

I can't speak to WoF, but Dorney hasn't been having anywhere near the staffing issues that other parks have been having this year, and typically have no problem staffing their Halloween events.

2 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

I can't speak to WoF, but Dorney hasn't been having anywhere near the staffing issues that other parks have been having this year, and typically have no problem staffing their Halloween events.

I meant Cedar Point. My first thought was that they'd staff the park heavily as they did last October by just closing their lower performing parks and sending employees to Sandusky again.

9 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

Dorney already looks abandoned on a regular basis, so they don't have to do much for Haunt.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Alex Sutcliff said:

Hi I'm looking to check the situation in US before I pull the plug on my trip to CP from England UK. 

We are booked at breakers with fast pass for labor weekend and with rising UK cases and a ban on entry to the USA it looks increasingly unlikely that we will be able to get into the country. 

I'm going to try my best to get a refund of sorts but not holding my breath. Before I do cancel I just wanted to see what the current vibe is from the US side re international travel?

We are now able to visit the US without quarantine but is there any talk or sign of travel opening up by 25th August on your side yet for vaccinated travellers etc?

Bro, wait another year before you decide to book anything internationally. It seems everyone has been so cooped up, they want to hop a plane overseas. If I were going to that trouble, I wouldn't risk the chance of my experience being COVID filtered whatsoever.

• Like 4

On 7/13/2021 at 2:42 PM, coasterbill said:

Well would you look at that...

Untitled.jpg.6483139c61c4c4e6f0bdc58ecefb5b4e.jpg

https://www.cedarpoint.com/live-video

Apparently it has now been stuck on the lift since mid-afternoon yesterday. (Saw some reports of it online.) Just hopped on the webcam... Train is still stuck on the lift.

EDIT: Just had to pull up the webcams. Look like gatekeeper is finally off the lift hill. And it just rolled out of the station for testing!! 

17 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Bro, wait another year before you decide to book anything internationally. It seems everyone has been so cooped up, they want to hop a plane overseas. If I were going to that trouble, I wouldn't risk the chance of my experience being COVID filtered whatsoever.

This was me. My family had a cruise scheduled for November 2020. Obviously canceled. I was put in charge of rescheduling and chose August 2022 just to be safe.  

• Like 1

Breakers Express is still going for around $200 a night, Breakers is sold out, Lighthouse point wants $280... and this is all during the week. I know better than to consider some of these other sketchy options but man a 2 night trip is starting to look really expensive. I think Breakers is going for $400+? Have these prices been consistent with what people have paid so far this year? 

2 minutes ago, PKI Jizzman said:

Breakers Express is still going for around $200 a night, Breakers is sold out, Lighthouse point wants $280... and this is all during the week. I know better than to consider some of these other sketchy options but man a 2 night trip is starting to look really expensive. I think Breakers is going for $400+? Have these prices been consistent with what people have paid so far this year? 

Express said $300+ when I looked this week. We stayed at a Sleep Inn on Milan Rd. that was suitable for 1 night.

• Thanks 1

The demand for the on site hotels was insane this season. I've gone to CP for 3 or 4 night stays every year since 2015 (except last year) and we've always been able to book a room at Breakers with no problem, even only a month or so in advance during the summer. This year, when we tried to book our trip back in May (for a stay in late July or early August,) Breakers was unavailable for any 4 night stays. I thought maybe there was an issue with the online booking due to unknown capacity restraints, so I chatted with an agent online who confirmed that no, they were just indeed experiencing a big surge in demand and had no availability. Even places in Sandusky that we've been at before were much more expensive than usual. We ended up getting an AirBNB in Port Clinton for much cheaper than Breakers, but won't know how well it works out until the first week of August. Super bummed, as staying at Breakers is one of the huge charms and pros of going to CP for us...I don't know how excited we will be to drive to the park and back a couple times.

8 hours ago, PKI Jizzman said:

We stayed at Breakers (first time we've stayed there - was awesome) for 3 nights midweek June 29 - July 2. We booked on May 3 and got 10% off because of our season passes and it was $291/night, so it would have been like $320/night without the discount.

9 hours ago, Phant0mF1re said:

The demand for the on site hotels was insane this season. I've gone to CP for 3 or 4 night stays every year since 2015 (except last year) and we've always been able to book a room at Breakers with no problem, even only a month or so in advance during the summer. This year, when we tried to book our trip back in May (for a stay in late July or early August,) Breakers was unavailable for any 4 night stays. I thought maybe there was an issue with the online booking due to unknown capacity restraints, so I chatted with an agent online who confirmed that no, they were just indeed experiencing a big surge in demand and had no availability. Even places in Sandusky that we've been at before were much more expensive than usual. We ended up getting an AirBNB in Port Clinton for much cheaper than Breakers, but won't know how well it works out until the first week of August. Super bummed, as staying at Breakers is one of the huge charms and pros of going to CP for us...I don't know how excited we will be to drive to the park and back a couple times.

The demand for everything is like that, now. Looks like it's Hotel Hershey for you this year, if you're lucky.

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2021 at 10:47 AM, Haymaker said:

Express said $300+ when I looked this week. We stayed at a Sleep Inn on Milan Rd. that was suitable for 1 night.

You're right it went up to $330 + tax, even August during the week. I'll go before they reduce their hours again, looks like 10pm weekdays go thru the week of Aug 9.

If you aren't a weirdo and wanna tag along to make this trip more cost effective please DM me haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, PKI Jizzman said:

You're right it went up to $330 + tax, even August during the week. I'll go before they reduce their hours again, looks like 10pm weekdays go thru the week of Aug 9.

If you aren't a weirdo and wanna tag along to make this trip more cost effective please DM me haha.

Not a weirdo and appreciate the invite lol, but Myrtle Beach calls in August 🏖

40 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

Not a weirdo and appreciate the invite lol, but Myrtle Beach calls in August 🏖

Swamp Fox! Beware the back seats on that thing.  They can do a number on your back.  Family Kingdom also has Sally Corp's first ever shooting dark ride.  It's great.  I was down there a couple weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, DoinItForTheFame said:

Must be down again. It’s been listed as closed so far all day today. 😩

it's in the Camera East shot. . . so just keep an eye on it.  (they usually take a coaster out of camera view if it's down for any length of time)

https://www.cedarpoint.com/live-video