TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

53 minutes ago, southpuddle said:

There’s literally all day for it to open up. Don’t give up hope. 

Normally id say the same but theres 0 activity around it and the trains are on the transfer tracks. Someone on Twitter said hes been here for 2 days and its been down for both. Rumors the catch car broke 🤷‍♂️

35 minutes ago, bert425 said:

rooting for it (and GK) to open today for y'all.

tho I haven't seen MaxAir cycle once all morning either. . . but everything else at the front of the park seems to be up.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/live-video

MaxAir was closed all day when I visited last month.  TTD was closed in the morning but opened around noon-1pm, so I would just keep a watch on it.  If you see it cycling, head over and get in line.

So... what's up with Maxair? Has the excessive downtime just been a thing these last couple of years? Or has this been the deal for a while now? It seems like it was always running back in the 2005 - 2010 era with no problems. Does Delirium at KI have similar issues? I actually got to ride MaxAir my last visit (May 2019) but it was closed both days I was there in May 2018 and I wondered why at the time. I wonder what the shelf life is on these things... 

I’m at the park this week for 4nights I haven’t seen Max Air open at all or Top Thrill Dragster running? Weather. Rain first two days. Wednesday this week I saw that Gate Keeper was running test cycles I’m hoping maybe it might be open this Thursday? How many test cycles does Gate Keeper need to re open?

Thursday my last night then I’m driving down to Carowinds on Friday morning 4nights and also going to Six Flags Georgia and Holiday World Splashin Safari.

Hi I'm looking to check the situation in US before I pull the plug on my trip to CP from England UK. 

We are booked at breakers with fast pass for labor weekend and with rising UK cases and a ban on entry to the USA it looks increasingly unlikely that we will be able to get into the country. 

I'm going to try my best to get a refund of sorts but not holding my breath. Before I do cancel I just wanted to see what the current vibe is from the US side re international travel?

We are now able to visit the US without quarantine but is there any talk or sign of travel opening up by 25th August on your side yet for vaccinated travellers etc?

Right now, no, and if anything it's going in the other direction. Illinois just issued a travel warning for people coming from Missouri and Arkansas due to Delta virus spread in those two states.

We do still have over a month between then and now, and that's a lot of time for things to change. Currently Ohio is not a hotspot for the initial virus or the delta variant, so that's good news for you. I wouldn't blame you for canceling and/or rescheduling for next year. Cedar Point will still be here and be awesome in 2022!

Interesting. . . Power Tower West camera is pointing. . . down - at TTD's station.

and there are several folks standing near the operator booth having an animated conversation right now:

image.png.4edf4d14541ffb3807a5b453282d0124.png

Edit. . and now there are at least 10 folks at various points around the station/track. . kinda looks like thy are staffing up?  hmmmmmm

image.png.33cd3b6adbce767c13e295f7e27ff273.png

^ If they put the webcam dead on it and they're running tests then I'm assuming it will open today barring some other insane breakdown which... probably

5 hours ago, Alex Sutcliff said:

Hi I'm looking to check the situation in US before I pull the plug on my trip to CP from England UK. 

We are booked at breakers with fast pass for labor weekend and with rising UK cases and a ban on entry to the USA it looks increasingly unlikely that we will be able to get into the country. 

I'm going to try my best to get a refund of sorts but not holding my breath. Before I do cancel I just wanted to see what the current vibe is from the US side re international travel?

We are now able to visit the US without quarantine but is there any talk or sign of travel opening up by 25th August on your side yet for vaccinated travellers etc?

I'm hesitant to answer this out of fear that it will derail the conversation but it's a legitimate question so... uh... here goes...

It's impossible to know. The country (almost) as a whole seems to be pretty much over Covid. Numbers are rising quickly but anyone who wants a vaccine in America can get one within hours and rising numbers are of minimal concern to vaccinated people so the consensus seems to be that we're at the point now where there's seemingly no reason to cater to people who can get a vaccine within an hour if they want one but choose not to get it, and I think that's 100% the right approach. They don't want us to cater to them so why should we cater to them?

If the UK goes through with reopening while numbers are surging (and it sounds like they will) then it seems like both countries are basically on the same page. International travel will resume when we all just accept the fact that this virus is never going away and the benefits of an international labor pool and tourism dollars are too much to turn down. I think we're close to that point, but it's hard to know when everyone will throw in the towel since it's going to be totally arbitrary and you really are running out of time.

(And as for states putting travel advisories on other states, that's a political move. Zero people are going to listen to that, especially since it only applies to unvaccinated people who already don't care)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

. . and now the 2nd train is rolling back into the station. . . . LOL. . . TTD blue balls (!)

tho there are several maintenance folks at the actual launch position (just before the stoplight). . . . so  maaaaybe something is being worked on this morning?

• Haha 1

@Alex Sutcliff

The current vibe is that travel to the US from anyone who's been in the UK in the past 14 days is prohibited, sadly.  Vaccine or not.  There are limited exceptions, namely if you have family that are US citizens.  This page is long and convoluted, but explains it the best anyone can.

In theory, if you were to first travel to a non-prohibited country, stayed there for 14 days, then flew to the US, you should be good....but that seems like quite a bit to just go to Cedar Point.

If you booked everything through Breakers as a package, looking at their site, you should be able to get a full refund minus a $50 fee, which they may waive given the circumstances.  Your best bet is to call them, the hotel, not Cedar Point general guest services.

45 minutes ago, bert425 said:

. . and now the 2nd train is rolling back into the station. . . . LOL. . . TTD blue balls (!)

tho there are several maintenance folks at the actual launch position (just before the stoplight). . . . so  maaaaybe something is being worked on this morning?

They have moved that camera since about 9 this morning (I'm planning an trip and wanted to see if they were even testing Gatekeeper this morning).  Earlier this morning it was pointing right at the BBQ place (where Witch's Wheel used to be)
Nice to see some progress going on with TTD

-as typing this they just moved the first car back to the lights again and launched it-  I should probably turn off the web cam so I can get work done

Our Biggest Fall Season Yet

spacer.png

The summer season is in full swing and so is our 150th Anniversary Celebration! Many of you have been entering daily for a chance to win the coveted Ticket of a Lifetime, purchased unique keepsakes for this special event and enjoyed the specialty food items and new offerings.

Remember, this limited-time celebration ends a month from now on August 15. Be sure to “Get to the Point” before it goes away for another 150 years.

Even though the party continues, it’s time to give you a bit of a sneak peek on our fall season.

Here’s the big news: HalloWeekends returns this fall! As part of HalloWeekends, Tricks and Treats Fall Fest and Haunt are back! The details of the entertainment and attraction lineup will be revealed at a later date, but for now, this is BIG.

With the return of HalloWeekends, hours in September will be pretty traditional, but beginning October 3, we’re giving you MORE time to enjoy the park – reservations NOT required!

This means in October:

• Thursday nights – the scare mazes and haunted attractions of HAUNT!
  • Fridays – the Halloween activities of Tricks and Treats Fall Fest during the day; HAUNT at night!
  • Saturdays – Tricks and Treats Fall Fest AND HAUNT!
  • Sundays – Tricks and Treats Fall Fest during the day; HAUNT at night!

The NEW October HalloWeekends schedule gives you even MORE options to enjoy the event, and with Saturdays typically being our busiest day, you now have alternatives to sneak that last Cedar Point visit in before the season ends.

Check out the full fall calendar by clicking here. As always, schedule subject to change without notice, so check that page often before you plan your visit.

With these added dates, reservations are now being accepted at our Cedar Point hotel properties! Great ticket packages are also available, so reserve now before they sell out.

Speaking of enjoying things before the season ends, if you’re planning on soaking up the rays and water jet sprays at Cedar Point Shores Waterpark, effective today, we’re no longer requiring park reservations. Take some time to check it out before its season wraps up on Monday, Sept. 6.

More details on all of the HalloWeekends offerings, including the sale of tickets, are coming soon. Watch our social channels to be the first to know when they’re live.

I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for the return of my favorite time of year AND my favorite event – HalloWeekends!

Cedar Point Blog

EDIT:  CP's Calendar is showing midnight closings for Thursdays/Fridays/Saturdays in October!

This bodes well for Kings Island's Halloween festivities, which I anticipate will be announced shortly.  They haven't had half of the staffing problems this year that CP has had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coasterbill said:

(And as for states putting travel advisories on other states, that's a political move. Zero people are going to listen to that, especially since it only applies to unvaccinated people who already don't care)

I agree with you here. I only brought that up as an attempt to answer the specific question of how likely the Biden administration might be to rescinding the 14 day travel restriction from the UK before Labour Day. The IL state government being majority Democratic and issuing a travel warning may help with some philosophic insight regardless of actual political power. Basically, if that's the direction Democrats in Springfield IL are going, it doesn't seem likely Biden administration officials will go in the opposite direction. Who knows really...but that's the logic anyway.

5 minutes ago, DirkFunk said:

How's the Halloween season looking at Worlds of Fun or Dorney this year? Yes, I know that's not the topic. There's reason for me to ask this, however.

WoF has October hours posted for Friday/Saturdays/Sundays, with midnight closes on Fridays and Saturdays.

Dorney has October hours posted for Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays, with 11 PM closes on Fridays and Saturdays.

So, I'd say the chances are pretty good.

I had to run to the store, and just got back and checked it out and. . . the queue IS open.

but there are also a lot of folks headed *out* of the queue. . . so seems like maybe they did open it, and it's already having issues?

(as Bill predicted). . LOL

• Haha 2