TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

1 hour ago, tndank said:

Word is they also stop cutting the lines early and are back to the old way. All good news for sure. 

I’d like to see more confirmation on this but if it’s true I might actually go there (once they fix Gatekeeper). Despite all of my shit talking lately I do love this park, which is why it’s a shame to see it run like crap.

• Like 2

With such a large crowd, I wonder how fun it was to stand in a two hour wait for something as exciting as their log flume. Yet, we complain about 30 minute FL+ waits for incredible coasters.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, prozach626 said:

With such a large crowd, I wonder how fun it was to stand in a two hour wait for something as exciting as their log flume. Yet, we complain about 30 minute FL+ waits for incredible coasters.

Plus they didn't have cell phones to kill the time in the lines amd couldn't even go on the internet to complain about it lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dankeykang said:

Personally, I'd love to go back to a world without cell phones and with pre-social media Internet.  Seemed like a much more carefree time.

Leading up to COVID closures, we'd started leaving our phones in the car during some park visits, or portions of visits. Since I have a tendency to post a few drunken snaps, it completely took that off of my mind. It's also nicer to have less to carry around.

I wanted to leave the phone in the car for the last half of our KI visit, but Emily wanted me to keep it on me in case something happened to our daughter, who was staying with family.

Not having your phone as a distraction helps you focus on experiencing the now, instead of capturing it on video.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, prozach626 said:

Leading up to COVID closures, we'd started leaving our phones in the car during some park visits, or portions of visits. Since I have a tendency to post a few drunken snaps, it completely took that off of my mind. It's also nicer to have less to carry around.

I wanted to leave the phone in the car for the last half of our KI visit, but Emily wanted me to keep it on me in case something happened to our daughter, who was staying with family.

Not having your phone as a distraction helps you focus on experiencing the now, instead of capturing it on video.

That's actually one of the really nice things about a cellular Apple Watch (or whichever flavor of Android smart watch). You don't have to have your phone with you but you can still send and receive calls and texts. And it's easy to keep conversations brief ("Sorry I can't really talk, I'm on my watch..."). Plus you don't have to deal with loose article policies. 

• Like 2

^ so why does the train in the pic for Iron Dragon have "XLR-8" on the front.

that's what the suspended at Astroworld was called.... did CP have that too?  or just a wrong pic in the video?

10 minutes ago, bert425 said:

^ so why does the train in the pic for Iron Dragon have "XLR-8" on the front.

that's what the suspended at Astroworld was called.... did CP have that too?  or just a wrong pic in the video?

Wrong picture.  Iron Dragon has always been Iron Dragon.  I'm honestly surprised that was the only non-CP image in the video; local news stations are notorious for getting things wrong about amusement parks.