TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

2 hours ago, prozach626 said:

The Thirsty Pony is calling your name.

Indeed it has. There now. The place is SLAMMED. Bowling alley, bar, restaurant, everywhere. Ohio is definitely back open for business.

• Like 1

After checking the Park Calendar on the park's website, it looks like the opening for Cedar Point Shores has been moved from tomorrow to Sunday. Another thing to note, according to the National Weather Service, the Lakeshore Flood Warning set today will only last until 10 a.m. tomorrow morning, but wind speeds will still be over 20 mph all throughout the day, so I would still be cautious about if the main park will be open or not.

9 minutes ago, SingleRiderCam said:

After checking the Park Calendar on the park's website, it looks like the opening for Cedar Point Shores has been moved from tomorrow to Sunday. Another thing to note, according to the National Weather Service, the Lakeshore Flood Warning set today will only last until 10 a.m. tomorrow morning, but wind speeds will still be over 20 mph all throughout the day, so I would still be cautious about if the main park will be open or not.

Yeah I'm not holding my breath on tomorrow. Sucks for those who bought daily tickets and/or daily FLs. 

Cedar Point thus far is a bust today too; no rain but 35mph wind gusts that don't look like they're going to die down anytime soon. Ride op outside Raptor said they need to drop below 20mph. Feel bad for those lined up for the major coasters. Keep the hope alive LOL.

I'm off to Waldameer now, and will try swinging back to CP later on.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Carrie said:

Has anyone heard of how Michigan's Adventure is doing today?  I think today is the first day?    

There is a thread for that park, I believe.

EDIT:  Here it is.

EDIT 2:  Just got back to my Sandusky hotel from Waldameer.  Looking at Queue Times, it looks like CP managed to get some coasters open, but between going a little too hard at Thirsty Pony last night and the "120 minutes" I saw for Corkscrew, yeah I'm gonna pass and instead get a good nights' sleep and early start on the day tomorrow.

Well, I'm back at the park, and hooray things are running! In the two hours I've been here, I've been on Millennium, Maverick, and SV. Let me tell you how much of a disaster SV is now. For one, the FL merge point is now way back, father back than on MF. After accessing the temporary lockers, the crowd just meshes together...it looks like one side *should* be for FL, but it isn't. The biggest kick is that this new locker system requires 5 more employees. In a park with such staffing woes, how is this possibly a smart use of resources?

At least they're letting smokers exit and re-enter at the Magnum gate.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, KIEnthusiast said:

“Boat”

how is it

”Paddlewheel”/“Snake” ride

The boat currently has a line out of the queue house,and isn't on Fast Lane. I'll let you know if I can get on it later.

In other news, every coaster I've been on today has stacked at the furthest breakrun possible. I just watched a Magnum train sit on the 3rd set of brakes, right after the last tunnel, for literally 5 minutes. If there is one phrase to sum up the ride operations here, it is "no sense of urgency." They're all super friendly but my god man, speed it up.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

The boat currently has a line out of the queue house,and isn't on Fast Lane. I'll let you know if I can get on it later.

In other news, every coaster I've been on today has stacked at the furthest breakrun possible. I just watched a Magnum train sit on the 3rd set of brakes, right after the last tunnel, for literally 5 minutes. If there is one phrase to sum up the ride operations here, it is "no sense of urgency." They're all super friendly but my god man, speed it up.

I think the stacking is a recurring theme this year on nearly everything I’ve been on. 

11 minutes ago, Carrie said:

How are the lines?

Generally reasonable. The app is showing 1-2 hours for the major coasters. FL waits have been between 11 minutes and an hour, generally in the 30 minute range.

What isn't helping crowds is that they're letting anyone who showed up Friday in today even though reservations were already full. Thankfully, I'm one of them LOL.

Got here around 3:00. Definitely not as insane as I expected it to be, especially considering it's in the 60s and sunny. Have FP+ tomorrow so kinda walking around hitting stuff with shorter lines. First ride was Magnum...no seat choice for absolutely no reason (that station is huge...totally unnecessary not to allow people to line up in there). Got stuck in a wheel seat and have a splitting headache.

Guess I'll try to drink it off lol.

1 minute ago, Zand said:

Got here around 3:00. Definitely not as insane as I expected it to be, especially considering it's in the 60s and sunny. Have FP+ tomorrow so kinda walking around hitting stuff with shorter lines. First ride was Magnum...no seat choice for absolutely no reason (that station is huge...totally unnecessary not to allow people to line up in there). Got stuck in a wheel seat and have a splitting headache.

Guess I'll try to drink it off lol.

Welcome to the park! If I were you I'd try to hit all of the non-FL coasters today while you do t have the pass. I've already gotten all of them at least once, except Valravn and Wicked Twister. Presently in line for CCMR after walking past the boat and finding a huge line again.

3 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

Welcome to the park! If I were you I'd try to hit all of the non-FL coasters today while you do t have the pass. I've already gotten all of them at least once, except Valravn and Wicked Twister. Presently in line for CCMR after walking past the boat and finding a huge line again.

Are they doing seat assignment garbage on every ride or did I just catch Magnum at the wrong time. I've never seen them do it here before except on Steel Vengeance (which I understand). SFNE was still "social distancing" last time I was there but was still filling the station on Superman, Riddler, and the other usuals so I don't want to see any Covid excuses.

On the other hand, crews seem be moving quick after reading your post earlier. Good to see.

@ZandYou probably caught the wrong guy at the wrong time, or didn't ask nicely enough haha. I was on it around the same time as you and nicely asked for "front or a non-wheel seat" and got sent to row 2, which was not empty.

Millie and SV were not honoring requests for rows, but everywhere else I've had success, even Dragster.

On a side note, even CCMR, the ride with 500 block sections, is staking on the breakrun.

On 5/18/2021 at 4:09 PM, Carrie said:

So, would you go again under the same circumstances?   I am new to FL and not familiar entirely with how it works.   Do the lines for FL get to be as long as the regular lines?  And, if they do, is this typical?  I just really want to be armed with info before we go. 

Sorry for the delay, just saw you asked this question. I would not go again on a Saturday under the same circumstances, Friday and Sunday were still hectic but manageable. We're going again in a couple of weeks and hope to see how and if they've improved.

@Carrie If you're okay with hour+ waits, even with Fast Lane Plus, by all means come on a Saturday. Otherwise, I'd wait until 1) they're open 7 days a week and 2) they get their shit together.😀

3 hours ago, Zand said:

Are they doing seat assignment garbage on every ride or did I just catch Magnum at the wrong time. I've never seen them do it here before except on Steel Vengeance (which I understand). SFNE was still "social distancing" last time I was there but was still filling the station on Superman, Riddler, and the other usuals so I don't want to see any Covid excuses.

On the other hand, crews seem be moving quick after reading your post earlier. Good to see. 

Filling the station would greatly diminish the value of Fast Lane for the ride making the merge pointless as in years past and essentially making them wait the same amount of time.

What? Magnum's merge is well before the stairs. Filling the station would have no effect on the amount of FL people let in in relation to the general queue.