TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Yeah the costs for FL are not ya know, something I enjoy lol but no need to spin the broken record, I really do think its worth it. 

Also June 4th isnt suuuper far away, wonder when CP will release the event schedule for coastermania 

Cedar Point has updated their guidelines yet again to state that you basically don’t have to wear masks anywhere unless you’re over the age of 10 and not vaccinated, though obviously they’re not checking.

Mask wearing is still recommended indoors for everyone but not required and is also recommended in extremely crowded places like the guest relations complaint line for the last 3 hours of each operating day after they close all of the rides.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JJLehto said:

Yeah the costs for FL are not ya know, something I enjoy lol but no need to spin the broken record, I really do think its worth it. 

Also June 4th isnt suuuper far away, wonder when CP will release the event schedule for coastermania 

I was wondering when they’ll release that info on coastermania myself, it looks like in the past it’s been released around a week before though other years it’s been way earlier so we’ll see.

15 minutes ago, qpb2004 said:

I was wondering when they’ll release that info on coastermania myself, it looks like in the past it’s been released around a week before though other years it’s been way earlier so we’ll see.

Ah I see! Yeah I recall the two years I went it was already on the page when I bought tickets, but seems it varies and like all else Im cutting parks slack given everything. I just really wonder about that night ERT given the park closes early right now. Brain says obviously they will just start it earlier and end earlier they wont give us more. The heart says omg what if they still go till like 12:30 for some 4 hour night ERT. Granted my body remembers how I felt next day and kinda doesn't want that, but I also do XD 

I feel like it’ll go from like 8-10:30/11 if the park still closes at 8, but I’m hoping for the extra long ERT lol. The website also doesn’t mention the cruise, so I wonder if that’s not happening this year.

Yeah and deep down I know I'd prefer that. I always needed all of Sat to recover from Coastermania lol  

Oh yeah I could see them not doing the cruise given everything. I suppose that would be a shame. Personally, I never bothered to do it before but I know people enjoyed it

^ it was a fantastic break in the day, and provided some really incredible views of Cedar Point.

if they offer it this year? you should give it a ride.

IMG_1835.JPG

IMG_1847.JPG

IMG_1852.JPG

• Like 2

Anyone seen CP's reservation and ticket calendars lately?  Seems to indicate they will be closed most Tuesdays and Wednesdays in June now. 

Rumors say this should be announced today or tomorrow and it's due to "staffing".

2 hours ago, tndank said:

Anyone seen CP's reservation and ticket calendars lately?  Seems to indicate they will be closed most Tuesdays and Wednesdays in June now. 

Rumors say this should be announced today or tomorrow and it's due to "staffing".

Lovely.  The calendar online still reflects 7 days a week.   If I lived closer and could commute, I'd apply!   Free entry when not working??   Yes, please!

2 hours ago, tndank said:

You have to be sh*tting me. I just booked flights, a car, and hotel last week for May 31st-June 3rd.

I've had a couple responses typed up... I've deleted them because I don't want to seem like all I ever do is pile on but I will say that what's hilarious is that they were so confident in their ability to staff the place that they planned to open Cedar Point shores daily from the 12th on and now they're not even sure if they can open either park.

Aside from that I won't say a word. I'll just paste this bit from the conference call.

Yes. When I look at where we are, based on the calendar we've put out there, we've got sufficient labor to meet that demand. But typically, as we've seen in the past, our early season needs, and I put, particularly the month of May, early June into the early season, very different than prime season. But what we've also seen, which we've seen in past years is as you get closer to opening and the noise around the park being open, that tends to help applicant flow as we get into it.

Again, this is a really unique time because of the pandemic and its impact and all the programs around labor and supporting those on unemployment. So it's a unique time where there's a lot of crosscurrents in the labor market, particular in the leisure and hospitality space.

But right now, as I look at what we're doing, I think we have what we need to provide the high-quality guest experience our guests have come to expect.

- Cedar Fair CEO (2 Weeks ago)

Can't wait for the new boat ride that needs like  12 -15 staff members. When does that open? Next weekend? Cool...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So the park was filled to capacity last weekend and this weekend is completely unavailable on the reservations calendar, yet that is considered "early season" and not "prime season".  Those FL+ lines are going to be 2+ hours once Prime Season rolls around.  🙄  I'm going tomorrow and am really not excited about it.  Thankfully I live close by and can call it a day if the place is too crazy (which with Math and Physics Days going on, I am not expecting the best).  

1 hour ago, coasterbill said:

I've had a couple responses typed up... I've deleted them because I don't want to seem like all I ever do is pile on but I will say that what's hilarious is that they were so confident in their ability to staff the place that they planned to open Cedar Point shores daily from the 12th on and now they're not even sure if they can open either park.

Aside from that I won't say a word. I'll just paste this bit from the conference call.

Can't wait for the new boat ride that needs like  12 -15 staff members. When does that open? Next weekend? Cool...

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I wouldn't delete your responses.  I can't speak for everyone else, but I like to be armed with AS MUCH information as I can be ahead of time.  Why?  Because of what Zand just said about already booking things only to be out of luck.   I think I saw Michigan's Adventure also with this type of schedule (I THINK..I can't recall).  It's a smaller park, granted, but you'd think all those local kids, etc would LOVE to work there.  Well, it may be a summer w/o the coasters again.   I am so glad we decided to do Busch Gardens when we were in FL in April.  At least I got those, right?  ;0)

14 hours ago, bert425 said:

^ it was a fantastic break in the day, and provided some really incredible views of Cedar Point.

if they offer it this year? you should give it a ride.

IMG_1835.JPG

IMG_1847.JPG

IMG_1852.JPG

That is indeed what I always hear, and wonderful pics along those lines tend to be shown to me. Thing is....Ive already seen em lol I've also been here shoot 10 times now? I always tell people who are still fairly new to savor it all, but me? Eh Seen it all by now, I go just to maximize my riding lol I always take a break anyway, I just do it later in the day. Often I'll go to the hotel, nap, relax a bit, then come back like 8 to grab dusk rides and ERT :) This year guess I'll bump it up a few hours, or well we shall see depending what exactly the itinerary is. 

3 hours ago, JJLehto said:

Often I'll go to the hotel, nap, relax a bit, then come back

Amen to that, brother. That's one of the things that sells me on Breakers. Usually if a hotel isn't as convenient as Breakers for any park, and if it's impractical to go back to the hotel, I'm always good for a cooler lunch, followed by a 30 minute car nap. It's almost a necessity, anymore.

I may sleep like total shit at night, but even 20-30 minutes of closing my eyes, falling asleep or not, does me wonders. I'm a power-napper for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carrie said:

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I wouldn't delete your responses.  I can't speak for everyone else, but I like to be armed with AS MUCH information as I can be ahead of time.  Why?  Because of what Zand just said about already booking things only to be out of luck.   I think I saw Michigan's Adventure also with this type of schedule (I THINK..I can't recall).  It's a smaller park, granted, but you'd think all those local kids, etc would LOVE to work there.  Well, it may be a summer w/o the coasters again.   I am so glad we decided to do Busch Gardens when we were in FL in April.  At least I got those, right?  ;0)

Just go 2

King’s Island

2 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Amen to that, brother. That's one of the things that sells me on Breakers. Usually if a hotel isn't as convenient as Breakers for any park, and if it's impractical to go back to the hotel, I'm always good for a cooler lunch, followed by a 30 minute car nap. It's almost a necessity, anymore.

I may sleep like total shit at night, but even 20-30 minutes of closing my eyes, falling asleep or not, does me wonders. I'm a power-napper for sure.

Indeed. I'm such a cheap ass I still just get some place in town and deal with the short drive and mostly losing my parking spot. This is assuming I go for Coastermania where the early access does nothing for me, without I've generally not needed the break but we'll see as I get older each year haha

• Like 1