TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Nothing has been announced.  Probably won't be known until(/if) they put it live on the website's shop.

For me, personally, as someone who dropped the grand for the All-Season, All-Park FL+ last year, I hope not. :)

• Haha 1

The park has released some new information for 2021. Of note:

• Steel Vengeance will only be open for early entry on Saturdays and Sundays.
  • The brand new ride will debut on May 28 but will close for the season on Labor Day weekend. The new ride will not be open for Early Entry because why would a new ride be open for Early Entry?
  • Ride lines will close early if the lines are long

Also, here is the early and golden entry ride list, though unless you have Fastlane which they may-or-may-not sell most people will be spending it standing in front of Steel Vengeance anyway waiting for it to open in an hour and not actually riding anything:

All who qualify for the Early Entry perk will have access to:

• Ocean Motion
  • Midway Carousel
  • GateKeeper
  • Kiddy Kingdom (11 rides)
  • Cadillac Cars
  • Cedar Downs Racing Derby
  • Dodgem
  • Valravn
  • Raptor
  • Millennium Force
  • Maverick
  • Skyhawk
  • Magnum XL-200
  • Steel Vengeance (Saturdays & Sundays ONLY)

During Golden Entry, Cedar Point Gold Passholders will have access to these rides:

• Ocean Motion
  • Midway Carousel
  • GateKeeper
  • Cadillac Cars
  • Dodgem
  • Valravn
  • Raptor

Link

I've dogged on this chain a lot lately and I don't want to say anything negative so I have no comment at all. Instead here's a funny cat gif.

Cat Waterfall GIF

• Like 1

Good to know! This makes me more glad I'm going for Coastermania now. I only go here on weekday's (when I can) so deff the normal early access is not much help to me without SV. Which is fine! Now that we know, can plan around it. The event will be a much better use of my day than a normal visit. 

Forgive my smooth brain but:
New ride? What is this? For real, I had no idea anything was being added (I am assuming it's lackluster) 

What is this gold thing? I got a CF platinum pass sooo does that cover "gold access" as well? I mean not that it matters, that is a fairly uninspiring list lol and again if its like past Coastermania's I can knock most of those out in the ERT anyway. 

35 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

Forgive my smooth brain but:
New ride? What is this? For real, I had no idea anything was being added (I am assuming it's lackluster) 

What is this gold thing? I got a CF platinum pass sooo does that cover "gold access" as well? I mean not that it matters, that is a fairly uninspiring list lol and again if its like past Coastermania's I can knock most of those out in the ERT anyway. 

The new ride is Snake River Expedition.

"Golden Entry" is only 30 minutes before opening while the Platinum/Guest Early Entry is a full hour.  Every ride on the Golden list is also on the Platinum List (it's inclusive).  I'm also not sure how you consider every one of the park's top coasters except Dragster an "uninspiring list," but to each their own.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

The new ride is Snake River Expedition.

"Golden Entry" is only 30 minutes before opening while the Platinum/Guest Early Entry is a full hour.  Every ride on the Golden list is also on the Platinum List (it's inclusive).  I'm also not sure how you consider every one of the park's top coasters except Dragster an "uninspiring list," but to each their own.

Thanks! And I was referring to the gold access as the "uninspiring" not the "full" access, but I didn't specify so fair, that does look bad haha Needless to say the full access is beautiful! Everything we could want and frankly....half the times I go TTD is down for some degree (or all) of early access so it's exclusion doesn't even bother me. 

Funny, I'm pretty OK that SV wont be either for weekdays. Bill nailed it, I only ever got 1 ride on SV during early access. It's almost better imo to enjoy that hour on other things, and then just head to SV and try to beat the crowds. OR people will be idiots and ****ing wait there for the whole hour while it's closed and squander the time but still, can beat the masses at least. 

16 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

I expect the line for Steel Vengeance to stretch to the (other) train tracks by 9:15 all summer long, the only difference is it won't start moving for 45 minutes now.

Yeah....the moment I said people could be idiots and do that, I realized that means its 100% going to happen XD 
People will take an hour, where every great coaster IS open, and wait on a line they know wont move the entire damn time.... (or some wont know and go complain "Its not open!!!" LOL) it's quite annoying bc assuming the ops move as slow as they used to (I actually thought it was 1 train ops this one day....and they were running THREE!) thats gunna gunk up the line all day. Cant even time it to get there right at 10 bc that line wont move quick. People...... 

This is why I'm extra glad Im going for the event, screw that nonsense! Not even gunna worry until tis ERT 

4 hours ago, coasterbill said:

The park has released some new information for 2021. Of note:

• Steel Vengeance will only be open for early entry on Saturdays and Sundays.
  • The brand new ride will debut on May 28 but will close for the season on Labor Day weekend. The new ride will not be open for Early Entry because why would a new ride be open for Early Entry?
  • Ride lines will close early if the lines are long

Also, here is the early and golden entry ride list, though unless you have Fastlane which they may-or-may-not sell most people will be spending it standing in front of Steel Vengeance anyway waiting for it to open in an hour and not actually riding anything:

All who qualify for the Early Entry perk will have access to:

• Ocean Motion
  • Midway Carousel
  • GateKeeper
  • Cadillac Cars
  • Dodgem
  • Valravn
  • Raptor
  • Millennium Force
  • Maverick
  • Skyhawk
  • Magnum XL-200
  • Steel Vengeance (Saturdays & Sundays ONLY)

During Golden Entry, Cedar Point Gold Passholders will have access to these rides:

• Ocean Motion
  • Midway Carousel
  • GateKeeper
  • Cadillac Cars
  • Dodgem
  • Valravn
  • Raptor

Link

I've dogged on this chain a lot lately and I don't want to say anything negative so I have no comment at all. Instead here's a funny cat gif.

Cat Waterfall GIF

Not even one joke about adding a new ride when they can't staff what they have?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, prozach626 said:

Not even one joke about adding a new ride when they can't staff what they have?

Actually, aside from the disaster that was their July opening last year Post-COVID, rides were pretty well staffed for my August and October trips.  Mind you, they had employees from other, non-open parks, then, which they likely won't have this year...so yeah it's a crap shoot.

• 2 weeks later...

All for Coastermania! tickets in the past was there generally a different ticket price for passholders (Platnium/Gold)?  (Hoping to go to my) First Coastermania! and having trouble finding what pricing looked like in previous years.  For most park coater events I've been to there's a season pass price or it's just an add-on to the regular ticket price.

^ When I went in 2017, you had to have either a one day admission to the park, or a passholder pass .... and then you paid for the event. I didn't have a pass so I paid more for the event. But I expected that. So they probably will handle it the same way. When they post everything for it, you'll be able to see for yourself.

Here's the link to it: https://www.cedarpoint.com/events/coastermania

And have an awesome time there! And as Bert would (probably) suggest..... DO NOT FORGET TO RIDE CEDAR DOWNS!  🎠

IMG_4004.JPG.762096786c65c6feced05f070f4f4e62.JPG

See? Bert really lovvves Cedar Downs! June 05-2017.

• Like 1

IIRC the price wasn't much more than normal, and considering what you get I always felt it more than worth it. This is my first time having a pass, not sure it'll help but that would be even better. Though I'd love for Coastermania tix to go on sale. It's never ran out on me except the year S V opened but I do kinda fear it'll go fast this time/is reduced # 

1 hour ago, coasternut said:

My best guess for tickets going on sale is this Thursday April 1. April fools day seems appropriate for Tony to do this... I too agree, they probably will be more limited than before and will go quick. Stay alert

lol that would be kind of amazing. Yeah been checking daily and if I forget, which I do sometimes, even caved and decided to follow Tony on Twitter. (I had a joke account that I long forgot the PW for lol) 

Yeah, I'm hoping there's no extra hurdles to it being a large event that are slowing down sale date of tickets.  Not sure if Coastermania tickets have ever gone on sale this late, but eight weeks out seems cutting it a bit close.

^ I've been to nearly every one since it's inception. Never have the ticket sales been this late. I was betting on today April fools day for the announcement. I guess I was wrong. Not really sure what's the "hold up." You know Tony is Tony...