TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

One of the good things (for attendees of Holiwood Nights) is that CoasterMania is the same weekend so that may help keep crowds down at Holiday World.  Last year, Holiday World set a record for the most people at the event and it caused Voyage to have 45 minute lines during ERT between the crowds and distancing.

On 2/20/2021 at 11:54 AM, KIEnthusiast said:

What is going on at the winter chill-out?? Any big news?????

They had some teasers posted apparently. IMO its a diversion because its way too specific.

https://www.wkyc.com/amp/article/entertainment/places/cedar-point/cedar-point-teases-new-roller-coaster-2022-season/95-47a06181-7a0a-476e-a6f4-17ee8ec816b5

152048260_825543301329511_2901076096733243794_o.jpg

152605106_1631231080412195_2192520780364375189_o.jpg

Oh yeah they would never have it so blatant "T rex" "526 feet" written hastily on a whiteboard....yeah no lol 

5 hours ago, WolfBobs said:

CP loves to troll enthusiasts.  I love that the local news picked it up.  

Do they? Honestly that's hilarious. It also makes sense....yesterday I started seeing "Cedar Point 500 foot coaster??"  "Speculation. Cedar Points wild new ride????" 

• Like 1

I'm curious what having Fast Lane was like last year (I'm aware they didn't sell it, but they did allow prepurchased people and those with all-season). Anyone have experience with it? What were waits like compared to a standard year? I'd imagine there were a ton less people in the park with it, but maybe they changed the ratios of FL to regular guests?

I took the plunge and bought the platinum one (from a different park) tonight, and plan on visiting my fair share this year as my wife and I are fully vaccinated, unlike the zero parks we went to last year.

Curious if they will sell daily this year or not.

On 2/19/2021 at 2:53 PM, Canobie Coaster said:

If you ride things other than Voyage, it's a walk-on.  But everyone knows how special night rides on Voyage are, especially with the trims off.

How long does the line for Steel Vengeance typically get during CoasterMania?

That's fair, Voyage night ride trims off was perhaps the greatest coaster experience I've had. It was also mostly walk ons for Voyage but it was 2018 when I went to Holiwood Nights but sounds like the event has grown in recent years. 

IDK about last year (did the event happen?) but 2019 CoasterMania the ERT for Steel Vengeance wasn't bad at all. It was a bit slow at first but once things got going it was pretty short lines throughout. I recall being able to get several rides in like 5 or 6? No idea what it may be like this year....

Speaking of, Coastermania 2021 IS on the site....I will assume the event is happening?

13 minutes ago, anonymouscactus said:

I'm curious what having Fast Lane was like last year (I'm aware they didn't sell it, but they did allow prepurchased people and those with all-season). Anyone have experience with it? What were waits like compared to a standard year? I'd imagine there were a ton less people in the park with it, but maybe they changed the ratios of FL to regular guests?

I took the plunge and bought the platinum one (from a different park) tonight, and plan on visiting my fair share this year as my wife and I are fully vaccinated, unlike the zero parks we went to last year.

Curious if they will sell daily this year or not.

I had it on my last trips of the year, in October. It was awesome. Maybe 5 people in front of me at SV, maybe 10 at Maverick simply due to each train only loading 6 at the most. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 11:31 AM, tndank said:

And Coastermania dates posted.  June 4.

Great! Wish I could go again. But I can't. Still hope that everything works out, both for organizers and attendees. 🎢

IMG_3975.jpg.f69439d260cba9a58be9b125b39c2eff.jpg

Bert and Snoopy, with myself holding them up. After a Sunday afternoon of

BBQ, friends and drinks at Famous Dave's. CoasterMANIA! 2017 Weekend.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 1:49 PM, qpb2004 said:

Anyone speculate when Coastermania tickets will go on sale? I'm assuming the event will be a bit different from the past given the circumstances. 

I forget when tickets usually go on sale. Keeping my eyes peeled. I know in the past Tony Clark would announce it on Twitter, but I think I usually saw it posted on the CP FB page. 
I do wonder what it'll be like this year. I was surprised the event is even happening but...it's there soo

I know it can be just plain boring to do, but I remember that I kept checking every couple of days, on their site, to find out when tix became available. I'm retired, so that helped I know, with my getting tickets. Still, I suspect they'll release packages by the end of March, if not a little bit before hand. Maybe. 🙃 Good luck to ya, getting them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nrthwnd said:

I know it can be just plain boring to do, but I remember that I kept checking every couple of days, on their site, to find out when tix became available. I'm retired, so that helped I know, with my getting tickets. Still, I suspect they'll release packages by the end of March, if not a little bit before hand. Maybe. 🙃 Good luck to ya, getting them.

Same. I don't have Twitter, (and glad!), so that was never an option to me. FB doesnt always pop up everything you follow so yeah I did the old school check site each day. Ya can't beat it! 

Should be no problems! The year S.V. opened it got sold out immediately, other years they tended to be available for a while. 

I'm guessing Coastermania tickets will be sold later this year when compared to other years. The more information the park has, the more they can play the event. They should sell out rather quickly so it is no harm waiting a little bit.