TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I know it's almost always going to be less than 10 minutes, but maybe socially distancing within the station is part of the equation, at least on some rides? Maybe not, as you could have standing spots staggered far enough apart (like valravn is) in all but the tightest stations. Just thinking out loud.

But I wondered the same thing, as you're potentially hurtling along at 70 mph with front seat virus blasting its way through your mask...

That seems to be what Hershey is doing, except for the Racers and Wildcat, and I have yet to hear of any publicly-known issues from it so far. I was there 3 weeks ago, so safe to say at this point that I've not gotten sick from that approach. Even the close quarters of Fahrenheit's seating had people loaded in every row. I get that parks just want to play it safe until more information is known, but I agree that maybe there can be a little leeway with that at this point moving forward.

hurtling along at 70 mph with front seat virus blasting its way through your mask...

Don't hold back on the drama, bro. Just let it flow.

Moreso agreeing that its kind of silly not to put more people on the rides than expressing concern for the situation

So I’ve been thinking. We know masks help and we know distancing helps too, as water droplets from your nose and mouth are what spreads the virus and they don’t travel more than 6 feet.

But if you’re on a roller coaster or any moving object really, you’re technically traveling through the breath of everyone who’s in front of you which completely cancels out the need to be six feet apart. The only way riders won’t be exposed to other riders water droplets is if only ONE group rode per train. Obviously, this isn’t feasible. But if the masks work and cases aren’t spreading from amusement parks, I wonder if they can just load ride units at full capacity anyway as long as everyone wears their mask.

From Universal Orlando on Twitter today:

"We are making a modification to our loading procedures for The Incredible Hulk Coaster and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. To accommodate Guest demand, we will load every row of the vehicle while still ensuring there is separation between Guests onboard."

Let's hope this catches on everywhere!

hurtling along at 70 mph with front seat virus blasting its way through your mask...

Moreso agreeing that its kind of silly not to put more people on the rides than expressing concern for the situation

My bad. You have to admit it's hard to tell, anymore.

My bad. You have to admit it's hard to tell, anymore.

Yeah, it was not clearly worded...poor internet sarcasm. You see stuff on TV about if you're riding a bike you leave a 30 foot cone shaped wake of you air particles... you're riding through whatever anyway, load it up.

Hey y'all,

I may be making a spontaneous trip out to CP next weekend. I have been on a weight loss journey this year (down 40 pounds so far), that was caused by walks of shame on Outlaw Run and Mr. Freeze. In the past month, I was able to make it on both of those rides. I haven't been to CP in years- does Steel Vengeance tend to be stricter than OR when it comes to the restraints? My issue with OR wasn't getting the green light, it was getting the seatbelt to buckle, which I was able to do recently. I'm also worried about MF and TTD. I'm 6'3" and around 280 pounds for reference. I don't really have a huge gut, most of my weight is in the legs (hence the issues with the seatbelts).

For additional reference, Batman @ SFSL is a very tight fit with my shoulders and how my butt fits in the small seat, but the ride ops have always been able to squish me in. On Wildfire @ SDC, I'm able to squish myself in well enough. The only rides I still don't think I could fit on are Superman and Fireball @ SFSL, just due to the seatbelts not closing (which is an unfortunate mix of my weight and height).

You could do like a 24 hour fast leading into your rides and then eat right after the coasters in question if you think you are going to cut it that close. Whenever we have fasted I always feel super slim because all the bloat is gone.

That's a bit of a stretch...

What's with this reservation crap again? You can go to kings island and it's like a normal day. Everything is open there and all the rides are running and you can still get FL+ when you buy it online ahead of time.

The park has a set capacity. If they're hitting it then this is a better system than having people drive all the way there before they find out that they're not allowed in.

What's with this reservation crap again? You can go to kings island and it's like a normal day. Everything is open there and all the rides are running and you can still get FL+ when you buy it online ahead of time.

Woah. Take it easy, Karen.

Woah. Take it easy, Karen.

Enough. She'd like to speak to your manager now.

MANAGER. NOW!

Cedar Point has apparently found some staff or figured out how to be more efficient from Six Flags or something:

The following attractions will not operate (subject to change): Antique Cars, SlingShot, Frontier Fling, Forbidden Frontier on Adventure Island, Snake River Falls, Thunder Canyon, Snoopy Bounce, maXair.

The only rides that are scheduled to be closed this weekend are either legitimately closed for covid, broken, upcharges, water rides or the unnecessary extra car ride.

Edited by coasterbill

This is good news, I wonder what the makeup of the workforce is at this time. I saw someone post on twitter that they will be fulling a dream and working at Cedar point this fall, didn't seem like the typical college student.

I should of worked weekends this fall just to say I did it, but would need a place to stay. Seems like a lot to have to go back to my 9-5 on Monday.