TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Just wanted to refresh my memory. Which coasters require a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo to store personal belongings? I'm trying to bring stuff that can fit in buttoned up pockets so I'm not constantly paying for fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo but I am aware of the Steel Vengeance situation. Also, is Wicked Twister the only coaster not operating as of now?

Steel Vengeance requires you to put everything you have in a pocket or on your face (except for the mask) in a locker.

Otherwise, Millennium, Valravn, and Dragster are the only three that come to mind that don't have bins in the station for you to leave a bag. Maybe Gatekeeper too.

WT was not operating as of yesterday but was seen to be testing, as the only coaster remaining non-operational.

Yeah, Gatekeeper has bins.

thanks a lot, Bill. .. . since I see you commenting in the CP thread and immediately think of Rougarou after the last few pages?

THIS is what I have stuck in my head now

giphy.gif

Just wanted to refresh my memory. Which coasters require a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo to store personal belongings? I'm trying to bring stuff that can fit in buttoned up pockets so I'm not constantly paying for fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo but I am aware of the Steel Vengeance situation. Also, is Wicked Twister the only coaster not operating as of now?

Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Magnum XL-200, Rougarou, Valravn, and Gatekeeper all require a locker for loose articles.

Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Magnum XL-200, Rougarou, Valravn, and Gatekeeper all require a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo for loose articles.

...That cannot fit in a pocket. Only on SV does EVERYTHING need to go in a locker. That is a very important distinction.

*sigh* I don't see why this is so complicated. There are three classes of coasters at CP:

Steel Vengeance: No loose articles at all, even things that can be put in a pocket. You walk through a metal detector. Everything must go in a bunny. Cell phones, keys, glasses without a strap, lighters, coins, you name it. If it'll set off the detector, it needs to go.

No Bins: Millennium, Dragster, Magnum, Valravn, Rougarou(?). These rides, if it can fit in a pocket, you do not need a bunny. If it does not fit in a pocket, it needs to go in a bunny.

Bins: Everything else. There are bins in the station for your bags/basketballs/souvenir bottles/stuffed animals/whatever.

It isn't complicated for me to understand. I know that all the giant coasters had them if you were carrying a bunch of extra stuff that I do not intend to bring. What I had asked was if the all coasters minus Steel Vengeance still had storage bins in the station for the loose articles that can fit in a pocket, which you said they don't but that isn't an issue because I have cargo shorts.

I know a lot of people could probably care less, but do they still have the monitors on in queue lines playing music this season. Just something I took a liking to at Cedar Point since my home park doesn't have any since there's never usually long lines except on weekends.

Yeah, there are still monitors playing Cedar Fair's "FunTV" programming, which is a mix of music videos, trivia questions, and segments about the development of rides and other aspects of the parks.

Gatekeeper is the outlier... It has small bins for things that fit in a pocket, like cell phones etc. but they will still stop you if you have anything like drink bottles, backpacks etc. at greeter. That being said, I've never seen them make you get out of line if you happen to get by greeter without them seeing it. I'm not saying to do that, I'm just saying that's what I have noticed since there's technically a little bit of room up there. So it *can* be a little complicated. End of the day, rules say nothing that can't fit in a pocket. A lot of people yell and get really nasty at the Gatekeeper greeter because they KNOW there are bins, but essentially not allowed to use them for larger items (or drink bottles... -- why do people still use those when you can't take them in some lines and there is a paper cup plan?)

Dragster, Magnum, and others that are mentioned, on the other hand, if you get by greeter, they will make you get out of line to put your stuff in a locker since there is no room on the platform.

0b0caa85dc6f7fa2beae1ce5fcd131d8.jpg

The website states the rules for each coaster, and goes into a lot of detail... about glasses, what loose articles are considered, etc. so go there for the "official" rules.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/help/ride-policies

Somebody asked for advice on Facebook, and since my 2016 map is now outdated and thankfully another Rodeway Inn/crack house in Sandusky is no longer there, I created an updated "Choice Hotels" map.

Choose wisely.

2df4c4178df51a9e717aa4b0b7033991.jpg

Don't expect a 4 star hotel, or a good breakfast, but it's clean, some rooms are really strange (maybe just the suite?), and it's more then acceptable especially for the price.

Edited by anonymouscactus

+Infinity for Econo Lodge North. If you don't want to splurge for the Express or Breakers experience, and just want a place to put your head down at the end of the night that's in walking distance to the best bar in Ohio, this is your place.

You're not wrong. It's better than it has any right to be but it's not like it's amazing either. The rooms are well taken care of but it has paper-thin walls and a loud train nearby. I feel like my tastes are changing because I rarely stay in places like that anymore but it's also Sandusky and there's just not much to choose from.

The train nearby is very loud. The rooms are weird, but clean. Overall it feels a little shady but really isn't. I would stay there again just for the price point and location. But maybe bring some ear plugs.

Questions for the people that have been to Cedar Point this season. Some of this info is public, but I'd like to get the views of people who have been in the park.

1. What is up with these timed passes? If you don't get one will you be denied access for the entire day? Or is there a standby line?

2. What are the co-vid19 measures like? Are people following them? Is the park enforcing them?

3. How are the wait times?

I am planning a trip in a few weeks. Went to Hershey Park and thought they did a great job. This has me open to trying other big parks like Cedar Point.

Questions for the people that have been to Cedar Point this season. Some of this info is public, but I'd like to get the views of people who have been in the park.

1. What is up with these timed passes? If you don't get one will you be denied access for the entire day? Or is there a standby line?

2. What are the co-vid19 measures like? Are people following them? Is the park enforcing them?

3. How are the wait times?

I am planning a trip in a few weeks. Went to Hershey Park and thought they did a great job. This has me open to trying other big parks like Cedar Point.

1. You go get your passes in the morning or at 3 in the afternoon. If you don't, you have two "standby" options - A - First thing in the morning, line up before opening. For SV, this will fill within a half hour. For others, maybe longer. B - At the end of the day.

2. The COVID measures are like they are at most other parks. When I was there, I saw near-universal compliance. Yes, the park is yelling at people who aren't wearing masks or wearing them improperly.

3. Wait times are about what you'd normally experience any other year - the lower amount of people is offset by the cleaning/de-boarding procedures.

Just saying, but all of this has been addressed numerous times over the past 20 pages.

You're not wrong. It's better than it has any right to be but it's not like it's amazing either. The rooms are well taken care of but it has paper-thin walls and a loud train nearby. I feel like my tastes are changing because I rarely stay in places like that anymore but it's also Sandusky and there's just not much to choose from.

If you haven't, have you considered staying at Breakers for the experience? We love it. Mid-day afternoon AC rests, followed by hotel fridge starter beers of your choice, makes for a good time. Starbucks and morning beach walks, or in our case runs, give a fresh start to the day. Taking a walk around the park after closing times is also neat. The employees don't seem to mind.

If you haven't, have you considered staying at Breakers for the experience? We love it. Mid-day afternoon AC rests, followed by hotel fridge starter beers of your choice, makes for a good time. Starbucks and morning beach walks, or in our case runs, give a fresh start to the day. Taking a walk around the park after closing times is also neat. The employees don't seem to mind.

Yes yes yes. I love breakers express

I am planning a midweek trip (Mon & Tues) before they switch to weekend only. I was going to book Hotel Breakers but that price tag is hard to get past especially when I am staying two nights and the rooms are pretty average. I landed on the holiday inn. Hope I don't regret it. And I hope that if it is a bad choice some people in the forum will let me know in enough time to cancel.

@ blk_mamba

The holiday inn express (located right next to breakers express) which is what I assume you're talking about, is probably the best you can do if you want to stay in a nice hotel, pay a semi reasonable rate for the area, and be right next to the park without staying at one of the park owned properties.

However, if you don't mind being a little further away (10-12 min from CP), I recommend the Fairfield Inn at 6220 Milan Rd. I don't usually stay overnight when I go to CP (I'm from Detroit and I am used to driving there and back in 1 day), but when I do stay for multiple days that has been my hotel of choice recently. It's usually in the $150- $170 range, (Holiday Inn looks to always be over $200) and Fairfield is usually nicer than the Holiday Inn.

However, if you don't mind being a little further away (10-12 min from CP), I recommend the Fairfield Inn at 6220 Milan Rd. I don't usually stay overnight when I go to CP (I'm from Detroit and I am used to driving there and back in 1 day), but when I do stay for multiple days that has been my hotel of choice recently. It's usually in the $150- $170 range, (Holiday Inn looks to always be over $200) and Fairfield is usually nicer than the Holiday Inn.

Yes, agreed, I drive 5 hours to get the point, so a 10-15 minute trip to a good hotel is definitively worth it to me and my family. there are really good hotels there by Milan Rd. and rte. 2. Hampton Inn has been a go to for us and If you don't mind a 15- 20 minute commute, there is a really good Radisson Inn and suites and another even better Hampton Inn right by Milan and The turnpike. All in the same price range.